PDA

View Full Version : WA: 2018 WA Champs - Proposals - October 26 to 28

Yossarian
16th April 2018, 03:24 PM
Hi all,

I like golf and it is 2018 so the 2018 champs will involve golf. This years sponsor is my Mum.

The proposal is to attend the JB Ipsen Memorial 2018. Scroll down in the below link for info.

https://www.manjimupcountryclub.com.au/openn-events

(https://www.manjimupcountryclub.com.au/openn-events)Vines members will be thrilled to note they offer a range of other activities such as bowls and squash.

I have been informed that you can camp outside the clubhouse and Saturday night they have a pretty big par-taytay. No need to book accom so this will suit Shadesy.

It is proposed that anyone that wants to attend will be in charge of their own bookings and ultimately their own destiny. Byo pillow.

If we get a large response I can see about coordinating it all with the club to get us in groups etc.

It is also proposed that Friday may involve a round at Bunvegas AM then onto Manji.

xoxo yossipgirl.

1. Yoss
2. JC
3. Slothman
4. ID (pending work)
5. GW 86 (pending work)
6. Simmsy (pending balls)
7. Shadesy (pending accommodation)
8. Okitoki (pencil)

okitoki
16th April 2018, 05:09 PM
hmm.... would be interested in joining if we have a large group :)

is the motel next to the train line still there?

Lagerlover
16th April 2018, 05:17 PM
Not this year Gents.

Sorry.

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2018, 05:49 PM
hmm.... would be interested in joining if we have a large group :)

is the motel next to the train line still there?

Is that question directed at the sponsor?

okitoki
16th April 2018, 05:53 PM
there is a sponsor?

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2018, 07:49 PM
there is a sponsor?

Second sentence.

okitoki
16th April 2018, 08:05 PM
Lol... i dont even remember the name of the motel... stayed there a few times ages ago when i was working for a wood chip company back then

Yossarian
17th April 2018, 10:43 AM
No idea about the motel sorry, I have never been to Manjimup!

Slothman
18th April 2018, 03:55 PM
Ummmm.....HELL YES.

I really enjoyed the Kristofferson Cup...BTW if anyone wants I can see if the accommodation I used is available. Literally 500 meters from the course, breakfast provided. If I remember about 5 beds.

I can find out if you like. Was a perfect spot to go back, have a shower, a beer or two then walk back to the festivities.

These guys put on a great show. Stroke could be nasty around here though ;)

idgolfguy
18th April 2018, 04:55 PM
I’m in Singapore around that time will confirm - otherwise happy to attend.

Gw 86
18th April 2018, 05:58 PM
As long as work doesnt get in the way, this looks good.

Yossarian
19th April 2018, 09:28 AM
:smt023

Slothman
19th April 2018, 05:13 PM
So yeh the place I used is available. We can get it for $55 per person per night. 5 People.

Queen bed in its own room and 2 rooms with 2 singles in each. I am not 100% sure if that includes breakfast (toast, cereals etc) but still its damn close to the course.

I can book in advance as they don't worry about deposits...so you know...it might work.

okitoki
20th April 2018, 10:58 AM
mark me down as pending logistics.... Will need to check with the missus if I can take the car for the long weekend :)
I have plenty of leave from work so Im sure I can take a few days off

idgolfguy
20th April 2018, 11:03 AM
I’m in Singapore around that time will confirm - otherwise happy to attend.

Flying out to Singapore on Sunday. Still working on Flight times.

Tough month on finances!
Champs followed by Singapore for the week.
Europe all of December.

simmsy
1st May 2018, 08:54 PM
Ummmm.....HELL YES.

I really enjoyed the Kristofferson Cup...BTW if anyone wants I can see if the accommodation I used is available. Literally 500 meters from the course, breakfast provided. If I remember about 5 beds.

I can find out if you like. Was a perfect spot to go back, have a shower, a beer or two then walk back to the festivities.

These guys put on a great show. Stroke could be nasty around here though ;)

Sloth, i'm in on that if you can find out for us.

simmsy
1st May 2018, 08:55 PM
So yeh the place I used is available. We can get it for $55 per person per night. 5 People.

Queen bed in its own room and 2 rooms with 2 singles in each. I am not 100% sure if that includes breakfast (toast, cereals etc) but still its damn close to the course.

I can book in advance as they don't worry about deposits...so you know...it might work.

IN

Johnny Canuck
2nd May 2018, 08:40 AM
IN

Me too

okitoki
2nd May 2018, 12:30 PM
Well the missus has given the OK for me to play :)

Johnny Canuck
2nd May 2018, 04:00 PM
Well the missus has given the OK for me to play :)

Good to hear Joe

3Puttpete
2nd May 2018, 04:59 PM
It is with much regret I wish to advise I am unable to defend the WA Champs putting title this year.

After such a spectacular victory in 2017 there really is nothing left for me to achieve.

There’s a poutine with my name on it.

Johnny Canuck
2nd May 2018, 06:01 PM
It is with much regret I wish to advise I am unable to defend the WA Champs putting title this year.

After such a spectacular victory in 2017 there really is nothing left for me to achieve.

There’s a poutine with my name on it.

First prize this year is a Chequers ball marker; I’m donating it. I can’t recall where I found it though.

3Puttpete
2nd May 2018, 06:26 PM
First prize this year is a Chequers ball marker; I’m donating it. I can’t recall where I found it though.

From what I know of those things you’d dig up a course to get it back

idgolfguy
3rd May 2018, 02:24 PM

Damn you!

idgolfguy
3rd May 2018, 02:26 PM
Flying out to Singapore on Sunday. Still working on Flight times.

Tough month on finances!
Champs followed by Singapore for the week.
Europe all of December.

I’m in for Friday and Saturday.
Flying out on Sunday for 7 days of golf in Singapore, unfortunately.

Slothman
3rd September 2018, 10:49 AM
Entry forms for this is up :)

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/9f2ffd_05d1f4d917a042b0971f7cb03253d819.pdf

Major sponsor is someone who was my "state boss" while I was with AMP. Should be a good weekend. Evening Meal Saturday and BBQ Sunday are included in entry fees, so similar to the Feb event, makes for a GREAT Saturday night.

I might be keen on the Friday 4BBB to get a feel for the course. So to start discussion/ideas here is what I am thinking on.

Friday 4BBB - This is a 50/50 for me at the moment, but work told me to "start using holidays"...so might be a goer. Looks like the entry fee includes a meal on the Friday night.
Sat - Morning round. This place is thick black sand and it covers you. So morning round, have a few beers, walk back to B&B just around corner. Shower up, have a few drinks, head back for tea and drinks.
Sun - Morning round. Hit up the BBQ pack for lunch, then decide if I need to drive back or not ;)

So that would be $130 for the 2 comps, 2 meals and a bbq pack for Sunday....could be worse ways to spend a weekend. I have the accommodation booked at the Karri Rose B&B for the weekend and will organise later (already got Simmsy and JC down as first dibs )

Those are my thoughts but I will decide a bit closer to the event and see what everyone else is thinking ;)

Johnny Canuck
3rd September 2018, 01:14 PM
Sounds great to me.

simmsy
20th September 2018, 05:30 PM
love it sloth.
lock me in for Friday 4BBB and the 2 rounds with BBQ lunch on the sunday

Johnny Canuck
20th September 2018, 06:05 PM
love it sloth.
lock me in for Friday 4BBB and the 2 rounds with BBQ lunch on the sunday

The Sat dinner is something to behold.

Average age of 80+.

grumpy
20th September 2018, 09:28 PM
Hi Guys is there a spot for an ex Queenslander now living in WA member of Suncity.

Regards Grumpy

Slothman
21st September 2018, 09:22 AM
The Sat dinner is something to behold.

Average age of 80+.

LOL...yes, yes it is ;)

Mind you after playing 2-3 rounds in the heat in February, dodging the Tiger snakes and getting covered in that fine grey/black sand they have....I felt like a bloody 80 year old dozing with beer in hand while watching the cricket....LOL

okitoki
21st September 2018, 10:18 AM
Well... looks like I'm in :)

lock me in Eddy

okitoki
29th October 2018, 10:11 AM
Great weekend guys.... thanks for organising the event and slothman for organisinf the accomodation.

Great course at Manjimup with extremly tricky looking greens.

Only took 3 holes in on Friday before a wedge went flying...

Swearing before, during and after a swing/putt was common...

Great friendly members were around... fresh local apples were provided on first 2 holes of each nine were very enjoyable. Dinner were great and yes, the dessert table were awesome. (JC and i ate our worth of them)

Overall... great event... love to play again next year

Johnny Canuck
29th October 2018, 10:28 AM
Great weekend guys.... thanks for organising the event and slothman for organisinf the accomodation.

Great course at Manjimup with extremly tricky looking greens.

Only took 3 holes in on Friday before a wedge went flying...

Swearing before, during and after a swing/putt was common...

Great friendly members were around... fresh local apples were provided on first 2 holes of each nine were very enjoyable. Dinner were great and yes, the dessert table were awesome. (JC and i ate our worth of them)

Overall... great event... love to play again next year

Was a great weekend. Very enjoyable.

It was 4 holes for the wedge. It clearly slipped out of my hand.

We’ll definitely do that event again next year.

3Puttpete
29th October 2018, 10:33 AM
Scores?

Johnny Canuck
29th October 2018, 10:39 AM
Scores?

JC 73/70 & 78/75
Simmsy 90/75 & 91/76
Okitoki 92/78 & 89/75
Yoss 94/78 & 95/79
Slothman 88/81 & something similar day 2.

AndyP
29th October 2018, 11:11 AM
No night activity reports?

Johnny Canuck
29th October 2018, 11:12 AM
No night activity reports?

Yoss, who in his own words is always the victim and never starts confrontations, got into a confrontation in the queue for food.

Average age in the food line was about 79.

WBennett
29th October 2018, 11:30 AM
Yoss, who in his own words is always the victim and never starts confrontations, got into a confrontation in the queue for food.

Average age in the food line was about 79.

Did Simmsy bring the average up or down?

okitoki
29th October 2018, 12:25 PM
Did Simmsy bring the average up or down? The friday partnership with JC resulted in 2 wiped holes on the first 4? Holes?But sadly they always managed to come back on the back 9sThe night dart comp were pretty competitive by JC has the extra arm length advantage

okitoki
29th October 2018, 12:26 PM
Did Simmsy bring the average up or down? Yoss commentary of simmsy's "swing follow by swearing" on the 8th par 3 was spot on too

okitoki
29th October 2018, 12:28 PM
No night activity reports? I did find simmsy sleeping outside his room because it got too noisy for him :D

3Puttpete
29th October 2018, 12:45 PM
I did find simmsy sleeping outside his room because it got too noisy for him :D

What time was that? He may have been on his way to his tee time

Slothman
30th October 2018, 10:51 AM
Great weekend. Lots of laughs. Lots of shit golf. 88/81 on Saturday, 89/82 on Sunday. Played pretty poorly on the Friday 4BBB, Joe blew out a calf carrying my dumb ass, and the Friday was the best I played all weekend.

Had moments of brilliance, but nothing was working. Frustrating.

Manjimup do put on a good show. The food all weekend was sensational. 3 rounds of golf, choice of Chicken Schnit or Fish on Friday followed with home made deserts that where awesome, Saturday was a roast buffet that was awesome followed by more dessert goodness and a BBQ pack on the Sunday with salads. Not bad for $130.

That is at least 10 rounds I have played around there, and I still can't read the damn greens. Not on a subtle level but a general level. Local gave me a hint that helped add to my frustration. Take look around the green taking into account the slope of the fairway etc, but there is also a lean to the North West corner of the course.

JC snoring was sensational. Simmsy accounts of dealing with the buzzsaw made for entertaining mornings ;)

Noone really misbehaved, I think we where all too scared Val would take advantage. Speaking of which....

Our hosts where amazing and at some point on the first night I left JC to the TV and Harry Potter. Around 1:30am I noticed the light was still on and the TV was up in volume. I chuckled went back to bed. Apparently JC was asleep on the chair, head snapped back snoring his head off with a Nanna Croquet (Simmsy can explain this one) Blanket. Noone is admitting to putting the blanket on him. Therefore the only logical conclusion is Val came down for a little tickle, JC faked being asleep so she put the blanket on and left, JC was too terrified to move and fell asleep again......I think that is more than acceptable ;)

okitoki
30th October 2018, 11:11 AM
Does Little JC wants his blanky?

https://i.gifer.com/M4W9.gif

Slothman
30th October 2018, 12:53 PM
There was also talk about returning next year for the Manjimup Shootout.

2 person teams event. 4BBB Stroke and 2 Man Ambrose combined score over the 2 days. I THINK Friday is Single Stableford.

Stay same place and have a bit of fun. Pretty sure the local rule for the weekend is you must be drinking or hungover to play ;)

Seems a very relaxed weekend of golf in a format where I can get carried by my partner all weekend ;)

Yossarian
30th October 2018, 10:33 PM
I hate chipping

Johnny Canuck
24th December 2018, 11:35 PM
There was also talk about returning next year for the Manjimup Shootout.

2 person teams event. 4BBB Stroke and 2 Man Ambrose combined score over the 2 days. I THINK Friday is Single Stableford.

Stay same place and have a bit of fun. Pretty sure the local rule for the weekend is you must be drinking or hungover to play ;)

Seems a very relaxed weekend of golf in a format where I can get carried by my partner all weekend ;)

I’m in.

Yossarian
26th December 2018, 02:47 PM
I hate chipping I love chipping

okitoki
26th December 2018, 10:48 PM
Looks like i wont be able to make it for the next Manji gathering. Mother dearest is in town so no golf for me then.
I love chipping You did pretty well on the day... consider the warnings i had from everyone...

Johnny Canuck
26th December 2018, 10:59 PM
Looks like i wont be able to make it for the next Manji gathering. Mother dearest is in town so no golf for me then. You did pretty well on the day... consider the warnings i had from everyone...

She has plenty of time to reschedule.

Alternatively, she might get along great with Val.

okitoki
27th December 2018, 10:45 PM
She has plenty of time to reschedule. Alternatively, she might get along great with Val. Tiger mom dont take no crap....Older Tiger mom dont take no prisoner....

Johnny Canuck
27th December 2018, 11:15 PM
Tiger mom dont take no crap....Older Tiger mom dont take no prisoner....

Sounds like Lion Joe needs to assert the fact that he is the king of the jungle.

hacker
28th December 2018, 08:13 AM
Tiger mom dont take no crap....Older Tiger mom dont take no prisoner....

The Kristofferson event? Isn't it a networking conference on business promotion in the digital age?