PDA

View Full Version : Laser Help - Golf Craft Target Caddie 400

Toolish
11th April 2018, 06:19 PM
I have been given one of these but no instructions or anything. It seems to me like the display isn't working fully (some bars are missing on the numbers) but given it has been in a cupboard for a few years I am wondering if the battery is flat.

Does anyone know how to charge these, or if it is a charge the battery externally, or replace the battery.

Daves
11th April 2018, 06:50 PM
I don't know that particular brand, but all the Rangefinders I have used use a replaceable single CR 2 battery. The battery compartment is usually on the back, below the eye piece. I can't tell from the pics if that is the case for this one?. There is usually a round twist cover over the battery compartment.

olddogmike
11th April 2018, 07:53 PM
If segments are missing from the display its not the battery. There is a ribbon film cable inside the unit and some of the contacts are not making the connection. To make it work the unit will need dismantling, I have fixed one before which is now working perfectly and is being used by my wife.

Toolish
11th April 2018, 10:52 PM
If segments are missing from the display its not the battery. There is a ribbon film cable inside the unit and some of the contacts are not making the connection. To make it work the unit will need dismantling, I have fixed one before which is now working perfectly and is being used by my wife.

How hard is it to fix? The unit is about 3 years old but has literally never been used!

olddogmike
12th April 2018, 09:44 AM
You have to prise off the rubber on the outside to expose the fixing screws which hold the case together. The rubber is only glued on, so you will need some contact adhesive to re attach. When you get it open, you should see a flat ribbon cable which goes to the circuit board, is is usually fixed with some sort of glue, press down firmly and test, you should get the full display.

Captain Nemo
12th April 2018, 10:00 AM
Have you actually replaced the battery?

olddogmike
12th April 2018, 11:08 AM
A new battery wont fix a bad contact which is the reason that the display has missing segments.

Johnny Canuck
12th April 2018, 11:15 AM
You have to prise off the rubber on the outside to expose the fixing screws which hold the case together. The rubber is only glued on, so you will need some contact adhesive to re attach. When you get it open, you should see a flat ribbon cable which goes to the circuit board, is is usually fixed with some sort of glue, press down firmly and test, you should get the full display.

Interesting. I have an old unit that I just might try it on.

I also have a unit that will have parts of the display fade away when the battery is low. As Nemo said, I'd try a fresh battery first.

olddogmike
12th April 2018, 11:53 AM
Shoot me a PM if I can help JC, I am north of Perth, and happy to help if I can.

Johnny Canuck
12th April 2018, 12:04 PM
Shoot me a PM if I can help JC, I am north of Perth, and happy to help if I can.

Cheers Mike. appreciate it.

3Puttpete
12th April 2018, 02:24 PM

Exmouth?

olddogmike
12th April 2018, 02:44 PM
Exmouth?
Not quite, Quinns Rocks :lol:

Toolish
12th April 2018, 07:11 PM
Tried a new battery...no good. Time to pull it apart I guess!