PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Taylormade Ardmore TP putter a few months back

dowdsy
5th April 2018, 07:25 PM
and I just can't get on with this thing, I have shortened it to my length played around with the weights changed grips but I just can't put a good round of putting together. The face insert I think is the problem, sometimes it just blocks straight right and the only thing I can come up with is the face insert. Anyone else buy one of these? and love it or hate it?

Daves
5th April 2018, 07:37 PM
I love mine, but it does face the wrong way! I haven't even noticed the insert, but the feel factor is such a personal thing with a short stick. The only thing I would change would be for it to be a CS model, but unfortunately CS is only available in RH versions. It sets up so well for my eyes, and the alignment guides are as good as I have found.

Courty
5th April 2018, 09:17 PM
Maybe it's the face balancing... you might find you are better suited to a putter with toe hang?

Lagerlover
5th April 2018, 09:38 PM
Maybe it's the face balancing... you might find you are better suited to a putter with toe hang?

Just thinking the same thing.

Daves
5th April 2018, 09:57 PM

Try removing the heel side weight, which should get the toe hanging and see if it feels different?

dowdsy
5th April 2018, 10:53 PM
That is one thing I have not tried yet, thanks boys I will give it a shot.
Try removing the heel side weight, which should get the toe hanging and see if it feels different?