PDA

View Full Version : Golflink Query

Pinglauncher
4th April 2018, 11:33 AM
Just wondering with golflink handicaps, do they still expire if a card has not been turned in for 12 months.

WBennett
4th April 2018, 12:41 PM
No. You can have years out of the game, your handicap will resume once you have an active membership again

Steve57
5th April 2018, 12:50 AM
No. You can have years out of the game, your handicap will resume once you have an active membership againProvided you know your Golflink number. Their search function is very poor and has trouble identifying people. Many golfers end up with dual GL numbers.

AndyP
5th April 2018, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Steve. It sounds like a good plan to get myself a shiny new handicap.

Steve57
5th April 2018, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Steve. It sounds like a good plan to get myself a shiny new handicap.
Of course it may have changed since GA took it back!

okitoki
6th April 2018, 12:11 PM
Quick question... Will be playing in a weekend game with 3 holes ambrosee, 3 holes 4BBB and 3 holes team stableford (repeat for 2nd 9) Do I assume this wont be counted towards my GA handicap? (Which I assume due to the ambrosee holes?)

AndyP
6th April 2018, 12:39 PM
I can't see any way that round would count towards your handicap.

okitoki
6th April 2018, 12:44 PM
would 4BBB or combined stableford only games be counted then?

3oneday
6th April 2018, 01:00 PM
Not sure anything but singles counts these days.

Grumpy8
6th April 2018, 05:22 PM
would 4BBB or combined stableford only games be counted then? 4bbb can be handicapped , if you are on the card enough , combined would if you submit individual cards/ scores and assuming your club submits them if you aren’t on a computerised system

aussieashley
5th December 2018, 08:21 PM
I can only find an option on Golflink to see 4 years of prior history. Is there any way to see rounds older than that?
I have a mate who had a golflink number but hasn't played for years (over 4 years), is there any way to see his round history?

3Puttpete
5th December 2018, 08:41 PM
Can you see anything for an inactive number?

aussieashley
5th December 2018, 08:51 PM
The second issue is he doesn't have his golflink number. I'm gonna get him to contact Golflink and see if they can help.

BGH
7th December 2018, 09:33 AM
I can only find an option on Golflink to see 4 years of prior history. Is there any way to see rounds older than that?I have a mate who had a golflink number but hasn't played for years (over 4 years), is there any way to see his round history?If you download the app Handy Cap from the app store/Google Play you will be able to see his last 20 rounds regardless of how old they are. You will need to know his Golflink number though.

aussieashley
7th December 2018, 12:34 PM
If you download the app Handy Cap from the app store/Google Play you will be able to see his last 20 rounds regardless of how old they are. You will need to know his Golflink number though. Awesome BGH, I already have the app. Thanks for that.It was a very simple request just for an old number but Golflink sorted my mate out in about 10mins. Quick and easy.