PDA

View Full Version : So I played some pennants today.....novel :)

jaster
8th August 2004, 07:18 PM
Our pennants season is over but each year City GC, Middle Ridge GC and Ipswich have an intra club pennants game. Today we played Middle Ridge at Middle Ridge, crappy conditions (ask Terry who came up for Lunch with the family from Brissie :shock: Luv ya Tez ) and the course was playing great. Greens were bloody fasssttttttt.....some putts that were downhill with the wind (Westerly) were near impossible to stop short of the hole, very scary.

So I get to the tee and the Captain tells me that our Club Champ (+2 marker) is not playing and I am number 1...I am sh1tting myself now as I am playing the club champ and 0 marker from Middle Ridge who shot 67 last week..great!!!

Anyway, I start off nervous/scared and bad, lose a ball on the 2nd amongst a 3 putt and a Chilli Dip and I am 4 down after 4. Hack it around a little better and win the 5th but lost the 8th and back to 4 down, so I win the 9th, 10th and get back to 2 down but then have a freaking downhill impossible to stop putt on the 12th and 3 putt so now back to 3 down. Then all of a sudden everything clicks, chip in bird on the 13th to get back to 2 down. Good par on the 14th and make him miss a 3fter so I am 1down with 4 to play. Terry turns up at this point and I proceed to hit a poor drive on the 15th but make a nice 2 putt par after a good 7 iron. We both get bluffed and 3 putt bogies on the 16th so it is still 1 down. Terry goes at this point back to the warmth of his car :)

Nail a 1iron down the 17th to the 110m mark and proceed to hit my PW to 15ft. Dude I'm playing pulls approach long and hits a good chip to about 8ft, I stroke the 15fter with a 2ft break into the hole with about 12 people (players, caddies etc) watching...all EVEN!!! Freaking crazy game.

Very very nervous at this point and proceed to try and smash my drive too hard and cut it to the right rough on 18, he hits a cracker about 30ms past me to right side or fairway. Punch a nice 8 iron under branches to the heart of the green leaves me a tough side/uphill 25fter. he hits too long and rams his birdie try 7ft past. I am thinking at this stage...birdie and WIN and just miss the hole low but knock it 8ft PAST!!! This leaves me with a downhill 2 inch breaker which I nail in the heart 8) He sinks his putt and we have a HALF!!!
He was pretty pissed and of course I was stoked, felt like a win for me especially since our team (5) all either won or halved their matches which means we were are now favourites playing at home on the 22nd against Ipswich :)

To top off the day I had a big feed of crap at Sizzler with Terry and family and then Terry gives me a massive goody bag of stuff to demo...does it get any better?? I'll find out tonight :wink:

McMw
8th August 2004, 07:23 PM
You call that a novel???
that's pretty poor by your standards!!! :lol:

I am thinking at this stage...birdie and WIN and just miss the hole low but knock it 8ft PAST!!!
WTF??? :shock:
I assume it was an uphill putt, seeing as it was a downhiller 2nd!!!

Onewood
8th August 2004, 07:31 PM
Would have won if Tezza did'nt turn up :D Is that what your trying to say Jaster :lol: :lol:

goughy
8th August 2004, 07:33 PM
I'm just glad I left when I did. Brought my daughter (Jaz) out to walk some holes with jaster and left him at 4 down after 8. Things seemed to have improved after that.

I may make a note to not turn up to support him in the future :wink:

That was a great comeback mate, and seeing you opponents temperment when he was winning comfortably I can just imagine the steam coming out of his ears over the last few holes. 8)

nick
8th August 2004, 07:36 PM
Great comeback Jaster.

Nick

Ona
12th August 2004, 08:39 PM
wait a sec.. hold the phone.. back it up son!!

you guys still have sizzler :smt107 :roll: :smt043

Ona
12th August 2004, 08:44 PM
next you'll be telling my you still build houses on stillts and that primary schools go up to grade 7 :smt102 you may even remind me that weeks where the temp doesnt get above 16 and it never stops raining dont happen up there :smt019.. no wait make that a :cry: :x :evil:

jaster
14th August 2004, 09:41 PM
Looks like I'm now famous for forcing a half ;)

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3584048&thesection=localsport&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

Jarro
15th August 2004, 04:05 AM
you're a legend Jaster :wink:

AndyP
15th August 2004, 03:22 PM
Small news day was it? :P

Well done, jaster. :)

BrisVegas
16th August 2004, 06:24 PM
Great going Jaster! Justin's a great golfer. Good result to square the match. He was the Darling Downs schoolboys team captain years ago and I assume he's only gotten better.

jaster
16th August 2004, 07:42 PM
Great going Jaster! Justin's a great golfer. Good result to square the match. He was the Darling Downs schoolboys team captain years ago and I assume he's only gotten better.

Thanks Vegas, he's off scratch now so I was very happy to get the half, especially after being 4 down after 4 :) No doubt he is a better golfer on his day than myself, man he gives the ball a ride :shock:

jaster
16th August 2004, 07:43 PM
Small news day was it? :P

Well done, jaster. :)

It wasn't on the back page :roll: It was on page 103 thank you :lol: