PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought and own a set of Cobra ONE iron set yet?

andylo
21st March 2018, 05:33 PM
Has anyone bought and own a set of Cobra ONE iron set yet? If so, can you please kindly share your experience here. Thanks :)

Lagerlover
21st March 2018, 05:49 PM
Are they even legal?

3Puttpete
21st March 2018, 05:53 PM
Yes. They’re awesome*.

*possibly a placebo. I’m not good enough that I can consistently use the same swing for a particular iron then change it for a club half an inch longer or shorter.

At Vic Champs I had 2 full swings with gap wedge which I put close enough to make putts yet in the same round I topped 7 iron twice. Same length clubs.

Captain Nemo
21st March 2018, 07:15 PM
Shit, I didn’t even realise you had some?
I’d have liked to have a go....😕

Jono
21st March 2018, 07:34 PM
I got the F7 one length irons from 9 iron to sand wedge.I have had issues with back pain and these help me to stand up a bit taller and find these easier to swing. The short irons go higher than regular short irons which I like.I didn't end up getting the longer irons cos they flew a bit too low and quality of ball striking wasn't any better compared to my RBZ irons.

Courty
21st March 2018, 07:56 PM
Calling Solarman!

3Puttpete
21st March 2018, 11:00 PM
Shit, I didn’t even realise you had some?
I’d have liked to have a go....[emoji53]

Too much shaft for you

Captain Nemo
22nd March 2018, 08:36 AM
Probably!
😕

3Puttpete
22nd March 2018, 09:15 AM
Probably!
[emoji53]I'm not sure you could handle the stock reg.

Captain Nemo
22nd March 2018, 09:24 AM
I'm not sure you could handle the stock reg. You’ve seen me play, no way Jose too much shaft for me to handle!

Mayborn
23rd March 2018, 08:24 AM
Would love to try a full set out, however I have never seen any in the flesh.

solarman
23rd March 2018, 09:31 AM
I use a set now (4 months old). My back virtually demands it as now I can go home after a round and not have to lie down for hours. I was measured by Cobra on a fitting day, which helps and the pros here recommended them for me.
I bought the 4 iron to gap wedge and mine I think are 1 inch over and upright. It's a bit weird at first but I am getting used to them.
Thing is, it should be a full swing for all clubs, same ball position, same swing and don't really go after it with the long irons. Same swing as a 7 iron throughout.
I still bag a gap wedge and sand wedge for around the greens delicate type shots.
Overall I wasn't entirely convinced but now I will keep using them due to back issues.

3Puttpete
23rd March 2018, 09:58 AM
...for around the greens delicate type shots.

You what now?

Dcanto
23rd March 2018, 11:25 AM
You what now? I think he means for blading shots over/across the green and for digging holes in bunkers. 😋

Courty
23rd March 2018, 11:30 AM
You what now?

Delicate as a sledgehammer.

To be fair, though, chipping with a club the length of a standard 6 iron doesn't work real well.

solarman
23rd March 2018, 11:32 AM
You what now?

You know those flophots that I am so good at :roll:

Lagerlover
23rd March 2018, 11:40 AM
That must be a seriously strong shaft to move that much sand.

damoocow
2nd March 2019, 07:04 AM
I use a set now (4 months old). My back virtually demands it as now I can go home after a round and not have to lie down for hours. I was measured by Cobra on a fitting day, which helps and the pros here recommended them for me.
I bought the 4 iron to gap wedge and mine I think are 1 inch over and upright. It's a bit weird at first but I am getting used to them.
Thing is, it should be a full swing for all clubs, same ball position, same swing and don't really go after it with the long irons. Same swing as a 7 iron throughout.
I still bag a gap wedge and sand wedge for around the greens delicate type shots.
Overall I wasn't entirely convinced but now I will keep using them due to back issues.

Do you still have these in the bag?
I like the idea of the single length irons and have considered 4-p.

Mayborn
5th March 2019, 02:23 PM
I have been using the F7 one lengths from 5-PW for the last 12 months. I grabbed them as I liked the idea of reducing variables, and still being reasonably new to golf I desired more consistency. Since I hadn't played with a normal set for very long, I adopted the one length concept quickly and find it works for me. My swing has developed quickly, and I am seeing shots falling off my handicap. I love the huge height I get on my short irons. I have heard the 4 is a bit too low for some. My set came with a Gap wedge, and to be honest I haven't used it, and doubt I will ever. My current gap wedge is my go to club for a lot of different shots around the green. I like having standard length wedges, I feel like I have more control. I actually like what the one lengths have done for my game, that I am about to get fitted for the forged versions, just for the sake of buying some new shiny clubs.