PDA

View Full Version : @ new champs are crowned at Kooindah Waters

TS
15th July 2006, 07:52 PM
The worst putter in ozgolf (Jono) has been dethroned by Grunt today. It was a little bit wet, so the putting contest was cut back to 1 hole only. Grunt went for the long range birdes, only to see the putt went past the hole by 15 feet. Jono lag his putt to 4 feet of the hole. Grunt misses his return putt and Jono sunk his. So Grunt, wear your new Crown with pride.

Connico is now the NSW club throwing champ. If there is ever a club throwing contest, Connico would win hands down. On the second hole in Kooindah, the 2nd hole is 150m over a small lake. Connico take a nice smooth swing and see his club sailing high and straight, the club landed just short of the green with nice back spin. Connico sporting his new waterproof DryJoy, thinking that he can walk on water. Wade in the crocodile infest water to retrieve his trusty 7 iron.

I was glad that I make the long drive up to Kooindah to witness these 2 events.

Jono
15th July 2006, 08:34 PM
The worst putter in ozgolf (Jono) has been dethroned by Grunt today. It was a little bit wet, so the putting contest was cut back to 1 hole only. Grunt went for the long range birdes, only to see the putt went past the hole by 15 feet. Jono lag his putt to 4 feet of the hole. Grunt misses his return putt and Jono sunk his. So Grunt, wear your new Crown with pride.

I am very happy to pass on this title to Grunt. 8)

:lol:

Grunt
15th July 2006, 09:00 PM
gee all you guys must be good putter's to average 33.1 putt/round and be classed as worst is a tough school.

Jarro
15th July 2006, 09:09 PM
somebody has to have the title Grant.

Would Fishman Dan own it if he ever attended any Ozgolf days ????

3oneday
15th July 2006, 09:15 PM
gee all you guys must be good putter's thanks, glad you noticed ;)

terryand
15th July 2006, 10:34 PM
Grunt, you don't get to some of the handicaps we have by being crap putters.

Geez if I putted like you I'd be off 12 or 13 :-s ;-)

Terry.

Grunt
15th July 2006, 10:43 PM
Will have to see if I can get the full set and be rated the worst Ozgolfer all round as well.

Fishman Dan
15th July 2006, 10:46 PM
somebody has to have the title Grant.

Would Fishman Dan own it if he ever attended any Ozgolf days ????

You are an idiot.

AndyP
16th July 2006, 07:18 AM
You shouldn't really claim the worst OZgolfer title until you come up against some of the guys up here. Some of them are pretty crap.......

goughy
16th July 2006, 07:25 AM
Thanks for pointing some of us out andy. Although it's not like I'm hiding behind a tree, it was just where my drive ended up.

terryand
16th July 2006, 07:28 AM
Goughy, Grunt's got you by the length of the straight cosidering how much golf you both play :-s

Terry.

Grunt
16th July 2006, 07:46 AM
Will have to solve that and see if I can blow the handicap back out to 27. I am heading in the right direction. Should be able to do it by the champs.

terryand
16th July 2006, 07:54 AM
Will have to solve that and see if I can blow the handicap back out to 27. I am heading in the right direction. Should be able to do it by the champs.

Nah, I don't think you will get there by the Champs, but you'll give it a nudge;)

Moe Norman
16th July 2006, 06:38 PM
don't dishonour the title - i am by far the worst putter on ozgolf.

Jarro
16th July 2006, 06:51 PM
You are an idiot.

Did i hit a raw nerve there ?

Choppa
16th July 2006, 09:00 PM
don't dishonour the title - i am by far the worst putter on ozgolf.

In your dreams Moe. When you hit a par 5 in 2 then 3 putt for par from 15 feet, then follow that up with a 3 putt bogie from 5 feet then you let me know :oops:.

I proudly put my name in the hat for the worst putter in this forum. Oh dear.

Moe Norman
16th July 2006, 09:04 PM
In your dreams Moe. When you hit a par 5 in 2 then 3 putt for par from 15 feet, then follow that up with a 3 putt bogie from 5 feet then you let me know :oops:. All in a days work mate. I've had more 3 putt pars than you've had hot dinners son. Looking at my 2006 stats, I'm averaging 12.8 GIR and have broken 80 only 9 times....

Fishman Dan
16th July 2006, 09:05 PM
Did i hit a raw nerve there ?

Yes Jarro. I am but putty at the behest of your vast intellect.

Choppa
16th July 2006, 09:11 PM
All in a days work mate. I've had more 3 putt pars than you've had hot dinners son. Looking at my 2006 stats, I'm averaging 12.8 GIR and have broken 80 only 9 times....

hmmm, you do suck :mrgreen: .

This is going to be a hotly contested title me thinks.

McCoy
16th July 2006, 10:32 PM
When you hit a par 5 in 2 then 3 putt for par from 15 feet, then follow that up with a 3 putt bogie from 5 feet then you let me know :oops:.

Looks like I qualify. Though the 2nd 3 putt was from more like 10ft, not many people can say they almost took out ntp on a hole they bogied.:smt087
Plus I think I own the worst putter on Ozgolf, a crappy 15yo Dynacast POS.

Fishman Dan
16th July 2006, 10:45 PM
Looks like I qualify. Though the 2nd 3 putt was from more like 10ft, not many people can say they almost took out ntp on a hole they bogied.:smt087
Plus I think I own the worst putter on Ozgolf, a crappy 15yo Dynacast POS.

Takes a brave man to admit it McCoy.. although i'm a firm believer that the NTP winner needs to have made the birdie putt too :lol:

Perhaps bogey'ing an NTP means you should contribute to the pool for next time? ;)

Jono
17th July 2006, 02:43 AM
Hey Grant!

What happened to our bet? The loser was to have a signature of winner's choice for a month ...

Take your pick, mate:

"Jono and Shrek rule the greens"

"Wish I could putt like Jono"

"Butt kicked by Jono on the green"

Any other suggestions? ;)

Grunt
17th July 2006, 05:52 AM
I did not remember that but I am not going to have Jono kicked my butt as a signature for a 1 hole putt off. How about "Jono putted a 45 foot putt in the rain better"

goughy
17th July 2006, 05:58 AM
We need to have a putt off for the worst title. I can't believe after seeing me putt at nambour choppa thinks he is the worst. He burned the hole with nothing dropping for him all day. I couldn't have 2 putted into a bunker.

Moe Norman
17th July 2006, 07:49 AM
Jono could change his to "Grunt is a Sore Loser"

Jono
17th July 2006, 07:50 AM
I did not remember that but I am not going to have Jono kicked my butt as a signature for a 1 hole putt off. How about "Jono putted a 45 foot putt in the rain better"

Mate, you are full of excuses. When TS suggested the 1 hole putt off you jumped at the chance. You have much better chance of beating me in a putting comp over 1 hole in the wet than over 18 holes in ideal conditions.

Here's the thread that started this putting comp thingy:

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4654&page=6

You need it Jono, I am cheap for Putting lessons by the way. The only part of golf that I am above my level on.

Any time you want to have a putting contest on the practice green, let me know. I'm even willing to put a little wager on it. :cool:

Game On!!!!!

So do you want a full 18 hole putting comp next time we go up to Kooindah to use your free rounds? 8)

Moe Norman
17th July 2006, 07:54 AM
You need it Jono, I am cheap for Putting lessons by the way. The only part of golf that I am above my level on. By above level I think he means he putts like a 15 marker but is really a 20+ marker.

It's ok Grunt, I putt like a 30 marker and play off 7 ;)

BrisVegas
17th July 2006, 08:18 AM
Jeez grunt, sounds like you got beat fair and square. Maybe you should shuddup and give Jono some respect! :razz:

Grunt
17th July 2006, 08:21 AM
Can't really believe this is going on so long, Jono I was only keen for the 1 hole putt off to get it over and done with. I had had enough of it. The give a **** meter for all this is really low. I have bigger goals in golf & life than to be the 2nd worst putter in OzGolf.
And Moe, no sore loser here!!

Moe Norman
17th July 2006, 08:54 AM
Can't really believe this is going on so long, Jono I was only keen for the 1 hole putt off to get it over and done with. I had had enough of it. The give a **** meter for all this is really low. I have bigger goals in golf & life than to be the 2nd worst putter in OzGolf.
And Moe, no sore loser here!! this whole post is an oxymoron.

sore loser - suck it up ;)

Jono
17th July 2006, 09:24 AM
OK. Let's move on. It was supposed to be a "friendly" competition anyway ... 8)

connico
17th July 2006, 09:35 AM
....man....jono and grunt should both realise that they never had the title..they both have seen me play, they both know that i would hold the title for the worst ozgolf putter in nsw hands down...

dont know about the qlds title..but well see by the champs... you guys are gonna see what really makes a bad putter..

terryand
17th July 2006, 10:22 AM
Nice sour grapes sig Grunt :?

Terry.

Matt 3 Jab
17th July 2006, 06:59 PM
They both suck at putting, now onto the next subject .................... :twisted:

Ducky
17th July 2006, 07:27 PM
My god, would Grant and Jono hurry up and get married already?

connico
18th July 2006, 10:13 AM
They both suck at putting, now onto the next subject .................... :twisted:

Sorry MR 3 Jab???...hmmmm