PDA

View Full Version : Vic Champs Nosh Options

LarryLong
5th March 2018, 10:31 AM
Slug and I have been kicking around some ideas for evening meals and we've come up with a rough plan, so I'd like to throw it out there and see what sort of numbers we're looking at. Let us know what you're in for and we'll throw together a Courty-lite spreadsheet and start making the arrangements.

Thursday night: We'll be finishing up pretty late after Curlewis, so I'm trying to make a booking at the Drysdale pub for 8:00. https://www.thedrysdalehotel.com/ I called Parker's Steakhouse, but they don't like groups of more than 15 because they don't have enough "grill space", and they didn't seem keen when I mentioned the likely time. The Pub it is.

Friday night: Barwon Heads can't feed us, so we'll have to take it upon ourselves to go full gourmet. With pizza that is, delivered to your door. At the moment I'm thinking Ocean Grove Pizza because they are really good, but we might instead go with the local option if that's easier. I'll send some menus around shortly and collect the money on the night.

Saturday night: Sluggo will be putting the torch to the Union on Friday, but we're hoping Shazza is the only thing he'll be burning at the champs. He's going to cook us up a BBQ for Saturday night dinner. I'm thinking something like $10 per head should get the job done (totally off the top of my head, subject to change once we find out what the meat costs) and if we have any money left over after we buy the meat we'll think about a token gesture for the salad eaters.

Sunday night: With the champion crowned, we'll head across to The Mex - http://www.themex.com.au/ for some Mexican goodness. I'm not staying at the accommodation, so I don't mind if there are consequences. I've booked a private room at the back which is handy to the bar, so we'll see who's drinking celebration cocktails and who is on the NAGA-ritas for the evening.

Who's in, and for which nights?

PeteyD
5th March 2018, 10:37 AM
Finally a thread close to my heart ... or heart attack.

In for the lot, in a bucket.

mrbluu
5th March 2018, 10:45 AM
I'm in for pizza and bbq.

Thanks.

Ferrins
5th March 2018, 10:48 AM
In for the lot, thanks.

hardboiled
5th March 2018, 10:53 AM
In for Thursday night Pub sesh.

3Puttpete
5th March 2018, 11:14 AM
All of it thanks Larry.

Peppas
5th March 2018, 11:15 AM
Yes to all as well thanks

Captain Nemo
5th March 2018, 11:17 AM
All of the above Larry!

PerryGroves
5th March 2018, 11:20 AM
Thursday/Friday/Saturday thanks Larry.

I'm stopping at my mates place on the way, https://www.courabyrawines.com/wines.html

Do we want some vino for the Pizza night and BBQ? Will secure at cost price

WBennett
5th March 2018, 11:23 AM
In for the lot.

KristianJ
5th March 2018, 11:28 AM
All 4 for me please.

Ron Burgundy
5th March 2018, 11:34 AM
Thursday, Friday & Saturday thanks.

LeftyHoges
5th March 2018, 11:37 AM
Slug and I have been kicking around some ideas for evening meals and we've come up with a rough plan, so I'd like to throw it out there and see what sort of numbers we're looking at. Let us know what you're in for and we'll throw together a Courty-lite spreadsheet and start making the arrangements.

Thursday night: We'll be finishing up pretty late after Curlewis, so I'm trying to make a booking at the Drysdale pub for 8:30. https://www.thedrysdalehotel.com/ I called Parker's Steakhouse, but they don't like groups of more than 15 because they don't have enough "grill space", and they didn't seem keen when I mentioned the likely time. The Pub it is.

Friday night: Barwon Heads can't feed us, so we'll have to take it upon ourselves to go full gourmet. With pizza that is, delivered to your door. At the moment I'm thinking Ocean Grove Pizza because they are really good, but we might instead go with the local option if that's easier. I'll send some menus around shortly and collect the money on the night.

Saturday night: Sluggo will be putting the torch to the Union on Friday, but we're hoping Shazza is the only thing he'll be burning at the champs. He's going to cook us up a BBQ for Saturday night dinner. I'm thinking something like $10 per head should get the job done (totally off the top of my head, subject to change once we find out what the meat costs) and if we have any money left over after we buy the meat we'll think about a token gesture for the salad eaters.

Sunday night: With the champion crowned, we'll head across to The Mex - http://www.themex.com.au/ for some Mexican goodness. I'm not staying at the accommodation, so I don't mind if there are consequences. I've booked a private room at the back which is handy to the bar, so we'll see who's drinking celebration cocktails and who is on the NAGA-ritas for the evening.

Who's in, and for which nights?

NAGA-ritas may be my favourite thig ever.

And **** the salad-eaters.

In for all.

Thursday/Friday/Saturday thanks Larry.

I'm stopping at my mates place on the way, https://www.courabyrawines.com/wines.html

Do we want some vino for the Pizza night and BBQ? Will secure at cost price

Ooh, that could be nasty....

Johnno
5th March 2018, 11:45 AM
Thursday, Friday and Sat for me.

SundayHack
5th March 2018, 11:47 AM
In for All Thanks Larry. And Vino sounds good thanks PG.

Dotty
5th March 2018, 12:10 PM
Dotty in Thurs, Fri and Sat meals.

Seen too many 2nd pizza deliveries at golf weekends, so I'm happy to pay extra for extra sausages or kebabs on Sat. night.

ps. Or did Slug's $10 per head budget take into account slow-roasting the vegans.

Lucasto23
5th March 2018, 12:14 PM
I will take it all

PeteyD
5th March 2018, 12:18 PM
Just looked at the Mex. Might need to book extra weight for the flight home ...

LarryLong
5th March 2018, 04:24 PM
Update for Thursday - the pub has requested that we book in for 8 and order straight away, I guess the chef has a life. Should still be plenty of time to get there after a 2:30 round at Curlewis, as long as we don't have any 54 markers slowing us down. :D

benno_r
5th March 2018, 04:32 PM
In for the lot thanks LL.

shazza_rs
5th March 2018, 04:47 PM
We are in for all. Thanks brains trust

LeftyHoges
5th March 2018, 04:53 PM
Update for Thursday - the pub has requested that we book in for 8 and order straight away, I guess the chef has a life. Should still be plenty of time to get there after a 2:30 round at Curlewis, as long as we don't have any 54 markers slowing us down. :DOur last group should be off at 3.08 at worst, so as long as we don't take more than 4.5, we should be golden.

Courty
5th March 2018, 08:50 PM
In for all please!

Pickles
5th March 2018, 09:00 PM
Count me in for the thursday thanks.

WBennett
6th March 2018, 05:07 AM
Our last group should be off at 3.08 at worst, so as long as we don't take more than 4.5, we should be golden. Take more than 4 and there is a good chance headlights will be required.

Bruce
6th March 2018, 08:09 AM
Take more than 4 and there is a good chance headlights will be required.

Sunset will be about 7:40PM this weekend.

WBennett
6th March 2018, 08:14 AM
Sunset will be about 7:40PM this weekend.

I was out at 730 last night in Canberra, and it was getting dark... there were a few clouds around though.

And if we have to be at the pub before 8, then its a case of get going!

PeteyD
6th March 2018, 08:17 AM
I was out at 730 last night in Canberra, and it was getting dark... there were a few clouds around though.

And if we have to be at the pub before 8, then its a case of get going!

The pub is about 1 km from the golf course. I think we can push it to 7:50 ;)

Jono
6th March 2018, 01:53 PM
In for the lot, thanks. :)

Feelzy
7th March 2018, 01:56 PM
The lot thanks Larry

LarryLong
8th March 2018, 07:38 PM
Pizza orders, menu is at http://www.drysdalevillagepizza.com.au/takeawaymenu.php please put your order on this thread or on the sheet at the pub. I'll be ordering tomorrow morning and collecting the cash on the night.

Ferrins
9th March 2018, 07:24 AM
Great Mexican Parma from super hot waitress!

LeftyHoges
12th March 2018, 06:18 PM
The Mex. If there's ever a reason I need to take the missus to drysdale, this is it.

Next time I'll do it without the triple tequila shot NAGArita though, thanks Bushy. ;-)

Dcanto
12th March 2018, 07:06 PM
Next time I'll do it without the triple tequila shot NAGArita though, thanks Bushy. ;-)Someone mui loco in la cabezza.

KristianJ
12th March 2018, 09:02 PM
An excellent selection of options, LL/Slug. All enjoyable and affordable! Kudos to you for your efforts.

PeteyD
13th March 2018, 06:09 AM
The mexican was great except i ate too much. Burping enchiladas around Queenscliff was tasty but uncomfortable.

Big thanks to Slug for an awesome BBQ on Saturday night.

Thanks to Larry for sorting the venues and the Pizzas.

Really enjoyed the dinners.

And thanks to wbennet for sorting the breakfast stuff and Ferrins for his cooking of scrambled eggs and bacon.