PDA

View Full Version : Hello, New Member from Kyneton

Withnail
27th February 2018, 12:26 PM
Hi all,

Just found this site so decided to sign up and say G'day. I've started playing again after a long break and have caught the bug again.
Cheers

LeftyHoges
27th February 2018, 12:34 PM
Hi Withnail,

A whole bunch of us are heading to Geelong in a week and a bits time, not too late to enter....

https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/52293-2018-VIC-Champs-March-8-12-Bellarine!!!!

spanner039
27th February 2018, 03:05 PM
And I ?

Welcome some nice courses up them parts

Toxic
27th February 2018, 06:11 PM
Hi all, Just found this site so decided to sign up and say G'day. I've started playing again after a long break and have caught the bug again. Cheers Welcome!

Grumpy8
27th February 2018, 06:15 PM
Welcome

Pickles
27th February 2018, 09:26 PM
Hi all,

Just found this site so decided to sign up and say G'day. I've started playing again after a long break and have caught the bug again.
Cheers
Welcome mate. I played the course at Kyneton late last year, how is it at the moment?. I'm just down the road in Romsey.

Dcanto
27th February 2018, 09:29 PM
Welcome Withnail.

Coldtopper
27th February 2018, 09:32 PM
Do you enjoy hitting snap hooks? Enjoy.......

Withnail
28th February 2018, 10:26 AM
Thanks all for the welcoming. I've played Kyneton a few times and it's pretty dry right now. The Corellas have chewed up some of the greens. It's pretty good value for money though. As I've just started playing again (in my early 40's now) and haven't really played in 20 years I'm pretty rusty! I've brought some clubs on Gumtree (Ping G10's) and I'm happy with them so far.

Withnail
28th February 2018, 10:35 AM
And I ?

Welcome some nice courses up them parts

Yep that's the one, I'm a fan of the movie, we even visited the cottage where the movie was filmed when we were in the area.

Withnail
28th February 2018, 10:56 AM
Welcome mate. I played the course at Kyneton late last year, how is it at the moment?. I'm just down the road in Romsey.
G'day, I played Romsey yonks ago and remember it was quite a flat course. I'll probably check it out again soon.
I've also heard Woodend is another nice course.

Pickles
28th February 2018, 11:57 AM
G'day, I played Romsey yonks ago and remember it was quite a flat course. I'll probably check it out again soon.
I've also heard Woodend is another nice course.
Very flat course here and we too have the problems with corellas.

Woodend is the opposite, very steep course. Need to be fit if you want to walk it.

If you haven't already, go checkout Trentham. Beautiful course. Heathcote is a good track pretty close to Kyneton too. I've heard good things about Axedale too but never played it.

Withnail
1st March 2018, 11:41 AM
Very flat course here and we too have the problems with corellas.

Woodend is the opposite, very steep course. Need to be fit if you want to walk it.

If you haven't already, go checkout Trentham. Beautiful course. Heathcote is a good track pretty close to Kyneton too. I've heard good things about Axedale too but never played it.

Trentham and Axedale look really nice. I will have to play there sometime. I'm guessing the courses around here are at their best in the cooler months when they aren't so dry. Kyneton (after 4) and Romsey are very reasonable so I can afford to play fairly often.

LeftyHoges
1st March 2018, 11:41 AM
Trentham and Axedale look really nice. I will have to play there sometime. I'm guessing the courses around here are at their best in the cooler months when they aren't so dry. Kyneton (after 4) and Romsey are very reasonable so I can afford to play fairly often.

Axedale is furkin tough.....

Coldtopper
1st March 2018, 08:11 PM
Axedale is furkin tough..... Axedale is furkin shit hole. Goats !

LeftyHoges
1st March 2018, 08:17 PM
Axedale is furkin shit hole. Goats !It's not THAT bad...

We can't all play on the Tours mate! ;-)

Withnail
3rd March 2018, 01:10 PM
I played a round at Romsey yesterday. Some of the greens were badly damaged by Corellas which was a shame. I lost a fair few balls which was surprising for such a flat open course. It's an 18 hole course but I think it's actually 12 holes with 6 holes being used twice. In a full round your playing the same holes over again and it might get a bit crowded on those doubled up holes. Still good value for money.