PDA

View Full Version : Golf Swing

senecio
8th August 2004, 07:14 PM
Just borrowed a digital still camera from the father inlaw. I thought I'd test out the movie mode in the backyard.

All comments and criticsims are welcome. I'm trying to rebuild a swing from a 2 year layoff. I hope the link works (~1MB file).

Ryan's Swing (http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4115df56_146af/bc/My+Documents/Ryan%27s+Swing.wmv?bfQBfFBB5cVAtrM1)

Ryan

Onewood
8th August 2004, 07:21 PM
Ryan, Whats the swing like with a ball on the tee :D all practice swings look good :D

All I can pick up is the back knee straightening too much....looking good :P

Onewood
8th August 2004, 07:28 PM
where the dog go :roll:

senecio
8th August 2004, 07:32 PM
where the dog go :roll:

He probably fell into one of the holes he dug last week!

Ryan

jaster
8th August 2004, 07:49 PM
Very hard to really tell without hitting a ball as you will do things different, but I'll tell you what I see, take it with a grain of salt. You are obviously a good player now so whatever I tell you may not mean anything.

Back view

Address

1. If your aiming at the closest palm tree then your alignment is wrong, your feet are closed (front foot in front of back foot i.e. closer to the ball) and your shoulders are open. Very common problem.

2. Not enough bend in your knees, you should be sitting on a bar stool and on the balls of your feet.

3. Not a big deal but back arm is too tense, needs to be more relaxed at address

4. Fanning wrists a little open on takeaway, not a big deal but this causes you too have to work way to hard to get them square at impact

Backswing and at the TOP

1.You are overswinging wayyyy tooo much there John Daly :shock: ....mainly because of your Back leg is straightening. I would be working very hard on trying to shorten your swing, feel like your hitting punch shots for awhile. You will not lose any distance and actually be able to get back to impact easier with a lot less work, and therefore gain consistency.

2. Club is also across the line, needs to be pointing at the target

Impact

1. Not too bad considering ;) With the fixes to your posture and backswing you will get into postion a lot easier. Your are a little on your toes though which is mainly due to the overswining and winding down, wrist **** is quite good :)

Front/Side view

Address

1. Feet are both fanned open, back foot should be square, not pointing backwards, front foot could be a little less fanned open
2. Spine angle could be a little better, right shoulder should be lower than your left.

Backswing and at the TOP

1. Your head is swaying back with your body, try and keep it in the same position as it was at address, a backwards sway is not death (ask Curtis Strange) but with all the moving parts in your swing it just adds to the problem
2. Same as before, you need to work on keeping your back leg in particular bent the same degree as at address, you need more knee bend!!
3. Front elbow is bending way too much, but this is because you are overswinging as mentioned before.
4. Spine angle is too straight

Impact

1. As before, impact is great and shows that you have a lot of potential, fix the other faults and LOOK OUT!!

Hope this is the type of information you wanted, remember that anything that you change needs to be worked on and success will not come immediately...but with hard work you never know what you can do 8)

Please post if you have any questions and if you can get some shots on the range that would be great!!

McMw
8th August 2004, 07:53 PM
link doesn't work for me, but seems like Coach Jaster has the answer...I expect a scratch round next week!!! :wink:

Onewood
8th August 2004, 07:57 PM
See Ryan bend the knees a bit more.....sorry I did'nt put more detail into my post :D

jaster
8th August 2004, 07:58 PM
Are they brown cord jeans ? :shock:

I own brown cord jeans, shut up :lol: :D :wink: