PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Ebay Posting problems?

dazza99
24th February 2018, 09:47 AM
Sorry Guys. Didn't know where to put this post, but we probably all use Ebay I think when buying/selling.

Anyone had any problems with their new format when selling?

It seems that all roads now point to Australia Post. It is not possible to select any other postage method.
That makes it tough when selling golf clubs.

The best you can do (and I had a long chat session with them) is to go to advanced post methods, select "Freight - Large Bulky Items" and just put your post/courier cost into the advert. Then sort out invoicing later. Very messy.

I think Aus Post must have done a deal with the devil.

Ron Burgundy
24th February 2018, 09:56 AM
I just set mine to flat rate, picked the price and sorted out the shipping myself after the sale ended depending on the size of the item and where the buyer was. Worked fine, but I might have come unstuck if the buyers were in WA.

dazza99
24th February 2018, 10:09 AM
Ah yeah. The Flat Rate option is also there I see. Cheers Mr Burgundy. Dunno why they didn't mention that in the chat.

All this is now still under advanced options I think. So they really seem to want to point us to Aus Post.

edit - whoops. No it isn't. All they've done is just remove all the different courier options and label it flat rate. Maybe that was a robot I was chatting to on ebay.

Ok, move along, nothing to see here :)