PDA

View Full Version : The caddy swing

Jono
23rd February 2018, 01:35 PM
Call it the caddy swing, old fashioned swing, reverse C swing, whatever ...

After trying a lot of modern swing theories/models, I've come to the conclusion that the old fashioned caddy swing works the best for me. Easiest on my back, can stay in balance better and the distance feels more effortless.

I've been working with an old pro in Wollongong Rob Mackay and finally feel like I can keep the ball somewhere on the planet.

Anyone else swing it the old fashioned way?

mrbluu
23rd February 2018, 02:23 PM
Anyone else swing it the old fashioned way?

Only person I can think of is Peppas, cos he is the oldest and whitest guy I know....🤣🤣

LeftyHoges
23rd February 2018, 02:38 PM
Genuinely couldn't tell you.

I set up, concentrate on my ball position and swing plane, and hit it.

Anything else is far too complicated.

Jono
23rd February 2018, 04:37 PM
Genuinely couldn't tell you.

I set up, concentrate on my ball position and swing plane, and hit it.

Anything else is far too complicated.

What do you think about with your swing plane?

JoeS
23rd February 2018, 05:17 PM
Whats the caddy swing?

LeftyHoges
23rd February 2018, 08:50 PM
What do you think about with your swing plane?Upright. Almost ridiculously above the correct plane. When things go bad for me it's because I get flat. I can recover a swing from too upright of plane, but I find it very hard to recover from below plane.

Johnny Canuck
23rd February 2018, 09:29 PM
Upright. Almost ridiculously above the correct plane. When things go bad for me it's because I get flat. I can recover a swing from too upright of plane, but I find it very hard to recover from below plane.

What is your opinion of Ashby’s planes?

LeftyHoges
23rd February 2018, 10:29 PM
What is your opinion of Ashby’s planes?Black box recorders are needed to fully analyse the wreckage of those.

Johnny Canuck
23rd February 2018, 11:26 PM
Black box recorders are needed to fully analyse the wreckage of those.

Nice

Swing coaches would have a better chance at finding MH370.

Jono
24th February 2018, 01:36 AM
Upright. Almost ridiculously above the correct plane. When things go bad for me it's because I get flat. I can recover a swing from too upright of plane, but I find it very hard to recover from below plane. And that's about as much thought that should be given to the swing plane, IMO.At some point, the golf teachers became too infatuated with the swing plane. Hank Haney even wrote in his book that he was looking for a "unified plane theory", giving it an air of some sort of scientific field of study that you need a PhD to talk about.

Jono
24th February 2018, 01:44 AM
Whats the caddy swing?What's a "modern swing"? It would be the opposite of that, I suppose. My definition of the caddy swing would be a swing that is athletic, natural, something a young caddy would have come up with "digging it out of the dirt" perhaps with some small guidance from the club pro back in the old days. No over complications, no over simplifications ...

Peppas
24th February 2018, 08:46 PM
What's a "modern swing"? It would be the opposite of that, I suppose. My definition of the caddy swing would be a swing that is athletic, natural, something a young caddy would have come up with "digging it out of the dirt" perhaps with some small guidance from the club pro back in the old days. No over complications, no over simplifications ...

Sounds complicated