PDA

View Full Version : Wedge shafts

Pickles
16th February 2018, 09:22 AM
So recently I snapped the head off my 60* wedge.

My wedges were a bit all over the shop to begin with as I bought a 56* and 60* Mack Daddy forged wedges together. They both had UST Mamiya RECOIL 95 F3 shafts in them which I really loved until i broke the one on my 60*.

I then wanted to add another wedge so I bought a 52* mack daddy 2 wedge with a steel shaft. I've never really been able to find consistency with this club and my guess is it's because of the major difference in shafts.

I've bought all my clubs in used, second hand condition by the way.

Now I'm looking for some advice on what to do next. Ideally I would love to put the recoil shafts in all of my wedges, but I have no idea where to source these from. I've checked online and it seems quite difficult in Australia?

Other options would be to replace the shafts in all 3 wedges and maybe put steel shafts in all 3 (my AP1 irons have stiff steel shafts).

Or just try to source a new wedge set altogether and flog off my current ones.

Basically I'm just looking for some advice to help me make a decision as I really have no idea haha.

Captain Nemo
16th February 2018, 09:33 AM
I’ve got a set of Vokeys with recoil....

Pickles
16th February 2018, 09:45 AM
I’ve got a set of Vokeys with recoil....
If they're for sale feel free to drop me a PM with details 8)

Captain Nemo
16th February 2018, 09:49 AM
If they're for sale feel free to drop me a PM with details 8) Will do when I get home. Can’t remember specs off hand.

pt73
16th February 2018, 11:37 AM
The MD2 stock steel shaft is a Dynamic Gold S300 which is 130g compared to the Recoil 95 F3 which is 96g.

The stiffness and weight difference may be the source of your issues.

Johnny Canuck
16th February 2018, 12:44 PM
It all comes down to personal preference as well.

I use Steelfiber 95s in my irons and tried steelfibers in my gap and sand wedges and hated it.

I much prefer a heavy wedge.

Pickles
16th February 2018, 12:52 PM
The MD2 stock steel shaft is a Dynamic Gold S300 which is 130g compared to the Recoil 95 F3 which is 96g.

The stiffness and weight difference may be the source of your issues.
Yep, it's a massive difference. I would love the recoil shafts in all my wedges otherwise I'll have to replace the one recoil shaft i have left with something else for consistency. I'm sure if I had all steel shafts I would get used to it quickly, just cant adjust as they are at the minute.

RobNewy
18th February 2018, 11:24 AM
If you sre in Melbourne, Jon at Total Golf Performance can sourve them for you

pt73
19th February 2018, 06:59 PM
You get them here on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UST-Mamiya-Recoil-95-Taper-Tip-Graphite-Iron-Shaft/253436651389