PDA

View Full Version : Been shafted?

FuzzyJuzzy
7th February 2018, 06:00 PM
Has anyone ever done a trade with someone on Gumtree who doesn’t live in the same city as you? If so, how did it go? Did you get shafted, or did you get what you expected to get?
I’m in Sydney and the other dude is in Orange.
Thanks Gents.

okitoki
7th February 2018, 06:05 PM
lol... I asked the same question not long ago... just seem like a big gamble with Gumtree....

FuzzyJuzzy
7th February 2018, 06:07 PM
lol... I asked the same question not long ago... just seem like a big gamble with Gumtree.... I’ll try find your thread then and see what’s been said. Thanks mate.

Lagerlover
7th February 2018, 06:18 PM
I think there's an OG'er in Orange Fuzzy

KristianJ
7th February 2018, 06:39 PM
I’ll try find your thread then and see what’s been said. Thanks mate.

And okitoki's example was in Orange too! :lol:

https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/52791-Trades-with-interstate-buyers-sellers

FuzzyJuzzy
7th February 2018, 06:50 PM
lol... I asked the same question not long ago... just seem like a big gamble with Gumtree.... Okitoki,I see the dude you were dealing with was offering you a set of 714 AP2s? Do you remember if he said his name was Shannon? That’s the bloke I’m dealing with. Don’t know if I could be bothered with the potential trouble to be honest...

okitoki
7th February 2018, 07:09 PM
Okitoki,I see the dude you were dealing with was offering you a set of 714 AP2s? Do you remember if he said his name was Shannon? That’s the bloke I’m dealing with. Don’t know if I could be bothered with the potential trouble to be honest...

Dont recall his name... but he was super aggressive during the discussion.... like he was doing me a favor to trade with me... and he has done many deals before so he should be trusted... blah blah blah...
send him some photos of my clubs, said he will think about it, then he just disappeared after that... wasnt too fussed as it just didnt feel right...

pity I deleted the SMS... could confirm the number with you

add: will check my old phone... message might still be there as I just swapped to a new phone.

FuzzyJuzzy
7th February 2018, 07:26 PM
Dont recall his name... but he was super aggressive during the discussion.... like he was doing me a favor to trade with me... and he has done many deals before so he should be trusted... blah blah blah... send him some photos of my clubs, said he will think about it, then he just disappeared after that... wasnt too fussed as it just didnt feel right... pity I deleted the SMS... could confirm the number with youadd: will check my old phone... message might still be there as I just swapped to a new phone. Thanks mate. He hasn’t been aggressive...yet, just politely persistent I guess. He wants to swap his “mint” (they look pretty mint judging by the pics he sent) set of 714 AP2s (which apparently he’s owned since buying them new) for my MP-32s. He must hardcore want some Mizuno blades...I guess if you live in Orange you probably don’t have a great deal of folks to trade gear face to face with. I’d probably rather sell or keep them then trade for something else anyways.

FuzzyJuzzy
7th February 2018, 07:28 PM
And okitoki's example was in Orange too! :lol:https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/52791-Trades-with-interstate-buyers-sellers Thanks KJ:).

Matt 3 Jab
7th February 2018, 08:32 PM
I've never been burnt on gumtree but know your seller. See what else they are selling and judge it on that and their communication. If it's too good to be true it usually is.

FuzzyJuzzy
7th February 2018, 09:06 PM
I've never been burnt on gumtree but know your seller. See what else they are selling and judge it on that and their communication. If it's too good to be true it usually is. Thanks Matt. This dude saw my ad and texted me directly to my phone proposing a trade, which by the sounds of it is how it went down with Okitoki as well. Anyways, I’m out. Don’t need none of that action.

okitoki
7th February 2018, 09:56 PM
Yeap he direct sms me as welk... not via GT messagingAlso consider how many fake titties are out there... U never know I guess :D

Pingsta
8th February 2018, 03:58 PM
I too have had many text messages from this Shannon who resides in the suburb of Orange.

Let's say after all of the trade offers and deals put forth by Shannon, none have ever eventuated.

I've now listed him as a serial tire kicker on my "Don't do deals with on Gumtree list"

But on a positive note 90% of of my Gumtree transactions are from interstate folk and I have (Touch wood) never been burnt in any deals.

oldracer
8th February 2018, 09:50 PM
I said to Oki, no harm in exchanging licence photo’s front and rear just to make sure. Any balk to this request is usually a good sign they not good to deal with

3oneday
9th February 2018, 07:44 AM
He sounds like a pest, you should tell him to save time and join here.

sfdoddsy
14th February 2018, 09:49 PM
Having just been ripped off on Facebook because I was lazy and it was too good to be true, take the advice above and ask for his licence, his work phone number, and the number of someone else he has traded with.

And use Paypal.

Lagerlover
14th February 2018, 09:55 PM
I would strongly suggest..

-photos with date
-non gifted paypal as payment- with reference to what club/s the payment is for
-the allowance for adequate postage insurance.

I would never provide a copy of my licence.

PeteyD
15th February 2018, 08:43 AM
I am with Lager on this one. No way I'd give license details to some random on the interwebs.

Johnny Canuck
15th February 2018, 10:24 AM
I am with Lager on this one. No way I'd give license details to some random on the interwebs.

Agree [emoji817]

3oneday
15th February 2018, 11:16 AM
Cant see why you'd even do a trade with a random to be honest, what will you do with a drivers license, send Ferrins as the hitman?

Dotty
15th February 2018, 11:52 AM
... what will you do with a drivers license, send Ferrins as the hitman?
Use the details on future speed camera and parking fines.

jezaa
15th February 2018, 11:01 PM
And be wary of anyone that lets you take a photo of their drivers license - had a guy pull out a fake one once

Ferrins
16th February 2018, 04:42 AM
Being over cautious can take away the joy and thrill of trading. Some of you guys remind me of my ol mate who used to wear two condoms!

Dotty
16th February 2018, 07:15 AM
Being over cautious can take away the joy and thrill of trading. Some of you guys remind me of my ol mate who used to wear two condoms!
He called one Excel, the other Boy.