PDA

View Full Version : Headcovers

Wenz
2nd February 2018, 12:16 PM
This is probably just me, but does anyone else hate the new style headcovers aka boxing gloves/oven mitts?

So which kind of cover do you prefer? Old or new?

Jazz18
2nd February 2018, 12:26 PM
I quite like them actually or any style you can drop on the ground and pick by shoving the club head in. I find the sock style really annoying now.

Dotty
2nd February 2018, 12:28 PM
Usually generic knitted covers (I think they were Just4Golf brand) with the pompoms removed, but they were getting holey.

Currently, Daphne animal on the driver, nothing on fairways (the driver separates them in the bag, old covers for transport only) and a small 'oven mit' on hybrid.

Ferrins
2nd February 2018, 12:41 PM
I drive a cart and my iron heads bang into the shaft so these are as useless to me as women's underwear.
New headcovers suck
Rocket Tour knitted ones rock

Lagerlover
2nd February 2018, 01:01 PM
Loose flog sock style for me..

Love my Seamus cover.

REALLY love it.

Jazz18
2nd February 2018, 01:03 PM
Loose flog sock style for me..

Love my Seamus cover.

REALLY love it.Yep, Seamus and Seamus style headcovers are mint!

okitoki
2nd February 2018, 01:22 PM
boxing for me... easier to quickly slip on and off...

WBennett
2nd February 2018, 02:07 PM
I seem to buy every used Rocket Tour headcover on here.

Old style with pom poms for me

WBennett
2nd February 2018, 02:11 PM
The secondary benefit is that the fun police has no idea what is under the generic headcover.... No questions asked :)

Ron Burgundy
2nd February 2018, 02:54 PM
I’m not a fan of OEM headcovers at all. Currently using a mix of stitch golf, rocket tour and an animal headcover. As to the original question I think the oven mitt style are better as the others just get bunched up in a 14way divider anyway.

Courty
2nd February 2018, 03:02 PM
I much prefer the look of the old style (leather or faux-leather). They protect the head just fine, but unfortunately do nothing for the shafts (both my driver & fairway have rub marks).

Captain Nemo
2nd February 2018, 04:44 PM
SC covers all day long for me!

3oneday
2nd February 2018, 06:32 PM
M1 headcover goes on my drivers, the Cleveland feels special ;) Hopefully the G will too.

Didn't like the Ping G one, it was stretchy and hard to put on, like it was trying to be both.

benno_r
2nd February 2018, 06:45 PM
Boxing gloves are easier to use, and look cooler - but with their big gape, you sometimes end up putting the cover over the 4i as well, which can lead to shaft damage.

Sock style are a pain to use, bunch up when they are too long, and don't look great.

Seems like an opportunity to do something better in there.

BayBum
2nd February 2018, 09:05 PM
OzGold R&D best look into this, Benno.

I'm use to the old sock style and they hide any hosel rocket damage/Shit club building.

Not a fan of the boxing glove style but I'm not forking out $50 a pop for a rocket or whatever. Got plenty of old rugby socks.