PDA

View Full Version : Compression gears/Sun sleeve for legs

okitoki
29th January 2018, 02:25 PM
Hey all,
just a question regarding allowable dress code, compression gears, etc...

When I travel to Japan, it is one of those holidays I will be walking *alot* on a holiday; to the point that my legs would sometime refuse to walk any more without resting every 30mins.
Mind you, I am a little (ahem) overweight so that doesnt help the situation.
However.... I have discovered on my 2nd trip to wear compression socks, or compression leg covers help with keeping me walking longer, less tired, and not as painful the next day I wake up... so was thinking about the same solution for golf to keep me walking longer without getting too tired. (just played 3 days of golf and my ankles are getting a little sore right now)

Also, with the summer sun, the wife is starting to complained I am getting too dark (she prefers her asian man to be milky white like those Korean pretty boys); and have suggested that I wear those solar arm and leg sleeves too.... long pants are just too hot to wear during summer.

Anyway, I was wondering has anyone tried to wear leg compression gears for golf, would this be allowed under golf dress codes?

Jazz18
29th January 2018, 03:10 PM
Hey all,
just a question regarding allowable dress code, compression gears, etc...

When I travel to Japan, it is one of those holidays I will be walking *alot* on a holiday; to the point that my legs would sometime refuse to walk any more without resting every 30mins.
Mind you, I am a little (ahem) overweight so that doesnt help the situation.
However.... I have discovered on my 2nd trip to wear compression socks, or compression leg covers help with keeping me walking longer, less tired, and not as painful the next day I wake up... so was thinking about the same solution for golf to keep me walking longer without getting too tired. (just played 3 days of golf and my ankles are getting a little sore right now)

Also, with the summer sun, the wife is starting to complained I am getting too dark (she prefers her asian man to be milky white like those Korean pretty boys); and have suggested that I wear those solar arm and leg sleeves too.... long pants are just too hot to wear during summer.

Anyway, I was wondering has anyone tried to wear leg compression gears for golf, would this be allowed under golf dress codes?I'd just check with course ahead of time. It wouldn't hurt if you had a medical certificate from your GP that you needed to wear them for health reasons too that you could present send to clubs prior. Might be a bit of mucking around initially but worth it to save you some pain in the long run.

timah!
29th January 2018, 03:22 PM
Wear them under long pants?

Captain Nemo
29th January 2018, 03:36 PM
Their called trousers.
��

okitoki
29th January 2018, 03:53 PM
Haha... better than stockings I guess

Johnny Canuck
29th January 2018, 03:57 PM
From what I hear Joe, your home track isn't in any position to be kicking golfers off the course!

As previously mentioned, check to be safe. Ultimately, if you went with white you should be more than safe especially if you went with a running compression sock like 2XU makes. It would be the same as the geriatrics that wear long socks.

In all seriousness, make sure they get over your calves first.

I don't have the most muscular calves and they are a real stretch to get on sometimes.

thecollective
29th January 2018, 03:58 PM
oki: I have severe DVT in my left leg and wear + strongly recommend 2XU compression running socks, like others have said you can wear them under your trousers no problems.

they are worth the money

if you want to go shorts then I suggest getting a white pair, most tier 1 clubs actually prefer you wear long socks with shorts so I have not had any dress code issues

thecollective
29th January 2018, 04:05 PM
In all seriousness, make sure they get over your calves first.

I wear a Large over my left calf and whilst it is tight it is totally fine and comfortable

If I can get a Large over the size of my left calf (about twice the size of my right) I am confident they will fit you no problem

Johnny Canuck
29th January 2018, 04:09 PM
I wear a Large over my left calf and whilst it is tight it is totally fine and comfortable

If I can get a Large over the size of my left calf (about twice the size of my right) I am confident they will fit you no problem

There you go Joe.

Tons of support with those.

mrbluu
29th January 2018, 04:35 PM
Another vote for 2XU calves sleeves

okitoki
29th January 2018, 04:46 PM
Ok cheers guys for the suggestions

fredstar
29th January 2018, 05:06 PM
Nike does them by the looks of it. Jason Day was wearing what looked like full compression pants and long sleeves thur, fri at Torrey.

Benje
29th January 2018, 07:17 PM
I've worn the socks, and the pants (both 2xU) under trousers.
They are excellent.

No idea what it is like in your climate though Oki