PDA

View Full Version : Most eagles in a single round?

PapaBravo
22nd January 2018, 09:57 AM
Saturday was amazing conditions for golf. Sun was shining, light breeze taking the edge off the heat. I actually got more than 4 hours sleep before comp round, which for me is unheard of.

Grouped up with a 1 and a 3 handicapper, as well as a good mate who is new to comp. Playing @ Yarrambat.

Mr 3 handicapper struggled front 9, then the eye of the tiger kicked in on the back.

Carries 270 on 14th par 4. Lands on the green and stops 3ft from the hole for a tap in eagle.
Green side in 2, holes out on 15th par 5 for another eagle
Drives 300 on the 17th, holes out his approach shot for an unprecedented 3rd eagle in 4 holes.

Glad I was in the group to witness it, not sure if I'll ever be fortunate to witness it again.

Has anyone else ever witnessed 3 eagles in a single round? Maybe 4?

What is the most eagles in a single round you guys have ever seen first hand?

benno_r
22nd January 2018, 10:26 AM
That's pretty cool. Most I have seen is 2 eagles between a group of 4. Different holes and different players for each one.

-6 for those 3 holes, but what was his 9 / 18 hole scores?

PapaBravo
22nd January 2018, 10:35 AM
-6 for those 3 holes, but what was his 9 / 18 hole scores?

40 points for the day. He couldn't get his range with pitches on the front 9, think i recall seeing 41 -32 with 1 par all day.

WBennett
22nd January 2018, 12:34 PM
That's an amazing round. Its more eagles in a day than I have had in 5 years.

3Puttpete
22nd January 2018, 01:51 PM
I heard Yoss had 4 eagles in one session once but that may have been a coke-fuelled premiership celebration so I'm not sure that counts.

PapaBravo
22nd January 2018, 02:39 PM
That's an amazing round. Its more eagles in a day than I have had in 5 years.

Best I've ever done was playing 18 with an eagle on a drivable par 4 at Bundoora last year, going around for another 9 and eagled the same hole again.

The scary part is this guy had 4 other eagles within the last 2 week period also. Very talented young gentleman with swing speed to burn and incredible drive to perform.

Johnny Canuck
22nd January 2018, 02:55 PM
Poor timing of this thread you bastard.

I've had plenty of eagles, never 2 in a round. Eagled 16 this week, made the turn and missed a 4.5 footer for eagle on 2.

The quest continues.

PapaBravo
22nd January 2018, 03:19 PM
Poor timing of this thread you bastard.

I've had plenty of eagles, never 2 in a round. Eagled 16 this week, made the turn and missed a 4.5 footer for eagle on 2.

The quest continues.

If it makes you feel better, I missed a 10ft putt on the 11th by 10ft past the hole on Saturday during the round mentioned first post, luckily made the embarrassing birdie putt afterwards. Yesterday at Yering Meadows on the 8th not only missed a 15ft putt by 10ft past again, missed the birdie putt too....

Johnny Canuck
22nd January 2018, 03:23 PM
If it makes you feel better, I missed a 10ft putt on the 11th by 10ft past the hole on Saturday during the round mentioned first post, luckily made the embarrassing birdie putt afterwards. Yesterday at Yering Meadows on the 8th not only missed a 15ft putt by 10ft past again, missed the birdie putt too....

I have 2 rules in Golf.

1. Never leave an eagle putt short - I hit my 4.5 footer 3.5-4 ft past.

2. Rule #1 leads to a lot of 3 putt pars.

PapaBravo
22nd January 2018, 03:34 PM
I have 2 rules in Golf.

1. Never leave an eagle putt short - I hit my 4.5 footer 3.5-4 ft past.

2. Rule #1 leads to a lot of 3 putt pars.

yep

and

yep...

Shreko
22nd January 2018, 03:41 PM
Playing with my brother in law in Calliope (central qld) and in a stretch of 4 holes our scores were
him = birdie,hole in one,birdie, 120mt hole out eagle......
me = birdie, birdie, tap in eagle, birdie,
- in front of several pennant players,

Dotty
22nd January 2018, 04:18 PM
A 20-marker mate had a bucket load of eagles in a round, including seven holes-in-one.

Turned out his marker coloured in the dots on his card with the stableford score on each hole instead of the stroke score. Because the player had signed the card before teeing off, the 80yo marker just put the card straight into the card-reader and hit the 'confirm' button.

Uncle_Roy
22nd January 2018, 06:45 PM
Have had a few eagles over the years but never more than one in a round....do albatrosses count? Had one on the 6th at Riversdale off the back marks late last year...didnt even get my name on a board!!

Grumpy8
22nd January 2018, 06:54 PM
i have only had two eagles in the last 5 years ,one at royal melbourne the other at not so royal beaconhills

Johnny Canuck
22nd January 2018, 06:56 PM
Actually, a post about a hole in one just triggered that in foresomes a couple years ago we opened with an eagle on the 1st and then I aced the 6th.

wazamac
22nd January 2018, 06:57 PM
Only had 4 in my whole golf life. After the last few weeks I have been struggling to even reach the fairway off the tee, let alone worrying about reaching a green.

Toxic
22nd January 2018, 07:14 PM
Have had two in a round 3 times.
No hole in ones in the mix sadly

3Puttpete
22nd January 2018, 07:54 PM
Had 1 in a social round once. Never had one in comp play. Dotty says I have to reach GIH and not worry about GIR so it’s difficult.

Either that or it’s because I can’t reach par 5s in 2 or hit my irons close enough.

goughy
22nd January 2018, 08:55 PM
Only ever had 3 total myself, and none for the last 25 years. Actually, none since my hc went to, or under one shot per hole.

Played with a pair at Gailes, off 1 and 3. Think it's the 4th hole, short par 4 after the first part 3. One drove the green, the other over the back. He chipped in, the other sank his putt. I was pretty wide eyed!

Lagerlover
22nd January 2018, 08:57 PM
Where do you find the time?

goughy
23rd January 2018, 11:08 AM
For golf??? There's clearly oodles of it!

Grumpy8
23rd January 2018, 05:30 PM
Must have been inspired by this thread today , had a putt for eagle on the third , for the first time , gave it a go , but missed by a bees doodle , managed to get the putt coming back tho