PDA

View Full Version : 2 club fun day

Jake peralta
11th January 2018, 07:01 PM
We are throwing the idea around of a fun day with 2 clubs only allowed. Im thinking for myself id still have to have my putter....its probably my strongest point of the game...or im most confident in my eyes anyhow. Next club im thinking 5 iron.....its my favourite iron, i use it a fair bit off the tea on a few of our clubs holes on the par 4,s. For me im bang 0n 185 metres all day with it, i use it to scramble a bit if need be from under trees etc.....once again just confident. What would you use and if in se qld would you be interested in having a 2 club round if we get it happening

Dotty
11th January 2018, 07:32 PM
Floor mop and vacuum cleaner.

I don't fancy the idea of waiting three hours for the muppets in the group ahead to play nine holes.

p.s. I suggest a 5 or 6 club challenge to allow everyone to get decent distances off the tee/fairway, be able to get out of bunkers and not leaving any approach 15m from the pin.

Jake peralta
11th January 2018, 07:44 PM
The group i played with on the weekend wouldnt of mattered........40 yards off the tee into the trees with a driver or a wedge is still in the trees 40 from the tee.....lol

Grumpy8
11th January 2018, 09:30 PM
3 clubs one of which is a putter all bunkers free drop at point of entry

PerryGroves
11th January 2018, 10:38 PM
Not a bad idea to do something "fun" after the greens have been cored/fairways scarified.

As Dotty said, my idea of fun isn't 5 plus hours waiting on the punters in front to register their 150/ net 120

Jake peralta
12th January 2018, 04:45 AM
3 clubs one of which is a putter all bunkers free drop at point of entry Yeah good idea

Captain Nemo
12th January 2018, 08:43 AM
Stupid idea full stop.

mrbluu
12th January 2018, 10:14 AM
3 clubs one of which is a putter all bunkers free drop at point of entryShould get a free drop everywhere and just stay at the bar.....[emoji16]

WBennett
12th January 2018, 10:33 AM
We had a 4 club day for our Christmas Party a couple of years ago - off the kids short course yellow tees. It was a full field, well supported by all reports.

Its only happened the once which surprised me.

Steve57
12th January 2018, 11:12 AM
We used to always have a 3 club only day as the last Saturday comp for the year. Prizes for the day were hams.
Full course with all normal rules. Winning scores were usually the same as a normal comp. My best with a 3 hybrid, nine iron and putter was 3 over. It really made you think your way around the course!

Johnny Canuck
12th January 2018, 11:47 AM
We used to always have a 3 club only day as the last Saturday comp for the year. Prizes for the day were hams.
Full course with all normal rules. Winning scores were usually the same as a normal comp. My best with a 3 hybrid, nine iron and putter was 3 over. It really made you think your way around the course!

A guy at my old track dropped a 69 with 3 clubs on the full course. Shot 77 his next round with all his clubs.

wazamac
12th January 2018, 12:34 PM
I've been known to use a driver the hole length of the 18th hole when my day was shot.
Was a prick trying to get out of the bunker with it though. Still, I one putted with it.

jimandr
12th January 2018, 05:48 PM
Our vets have a 3 club day after the greens have been cored every year. The winning score is usually not much different to the usual score.

I'm with Dotty though on this one. I think the minimum number for a fun round is 4, including a club to get out of sand. While it is fun to watch a playing partner picking up because they can't get out of a bunker with their 7 iron, it is no fun to be in the group behind watching the same thing.

3oneday
12th January 2018, 06:21 PM
Not sure why you'd worry about what your strength clubs are, it's a novelty event, you're only playing for fun.

I'd drive the cart selling the beers.

AndyP
12th January 2018, 10:32 PM
Driver and a higher loft driver. Take any other clubs and you're a pussy.

LarryLong
12th January 2018, 10:42 PM
Our vets have a 3 club day after the greens have been cored every year. The winning score is usually not much different to the usual score.

I'm with Dotty though on this one. I think the minimum number for a fun round is 4, including a club to get out of sand. While it is fun to watch a playing partner picking up because they can't get out of a bunker with their 7 iron, it is no fun to be in the group behind watching the same thing.

My first set as a teenage kid was 3/5/7, a wood of some sort and a putter. I used to get out of some big bunkers at Buninyong with a 7 with no trouble. Blades too. Probably couldn't do it now though.

Jake peralta
13th January 2018, 06:00 AM
Stupid idea full stop. Cool, dont come then.

Jake peralta
13th January 2018, 06:01 AM
Should get a free drop everywhere and just stay at the bar.....[emoji16] He he

Jake peralta
13th January 2018, 06:03 AM
We dont have to worry about bunkers much.....there is 2 on the course......and more grass in them than on the fairway

Johnny Canuck
13th January 2018, 11:51 AM
I personally would avoid a 2 Club comp. 3 and a putter would be the minimum.

Lagerlover
13th January 2018, 12:38 PM
Cool, dont come then. Cyber bully

Lagerlover
13th January 2018, 12:43 PM
My first set as a teenage kid was 3/5/7, a wood of some sort and a putter. I used to get out of some big bunkers at Buninyong with a 7 with no trouble. Blades too. Probably couldn't do it now though.

Yep, scores haven't improved all that much from my Keith Knox half set all those years ago.

Different times though, I never knew what a LGBTQI, donkey punch or a shank meant back then.

Jake peralta
13th January 2018, 01:33 PM
Cyber bullyHe can go fill oit a hurt feelings report. Im thinking the 3 club thing is the go after a few thoughts here.....its not my say though...... its not hard to be polite though, if your not interested either dont coment or give constructive criticism or stfu...... few wankers in our club like that as well but i guess everyone has there kill joys when trying to rraise some money for a good cause

Captain Nemo
13th January 2018, 01:52 PM
Cool, dont come then. Bwahaha. Where’s this being held?

Dotty
13th January 2018, 02:11 PM
Bravo, Captain.

He said what I said but in fewer words (even though the last two were redundant ;)).

Golf is hard enough for B and C graders, without putting on restrictions that well and truly favour the A graders and good ball strikers.

btw. At the OzGolf blades day last year, I could only find a cheap 6 and 9 iron (so restricted myself to one wedge and fairway wood, even though those were exempt from the no cavities, no hybrids rule). I shot the usual embarrassing 24 points around Cabramatta, but had enough fun to recommend a 6 club game to everyone.

Jake peralta
13th January 2018, 03:13 PM
Its just some fun, to donate money to a good cause (really ill young girl in our community)......end of story, some guys at rosewood were talking about it. As far as scores go....who gives a f#$k but i would like to see what i can personally do with a couple or few clubs. Captain nemo you are more than welcome to come, might even enjoy yourself

Goldy
13th January 2018, 04:23 PM
We used to do a 3 club day...no putters allowed. So people would putt with a driver, wood, hybrid....whatever they felt comfortable with on the green.

I was usually 3h 6i 9i...and bunkers were in play.

3Puttpete
13th January 2018, 08:10 PM
Its just some fun, to donate money to a good cause (really ill young girl in our community)......end of story, some guys at rosewood were talking about it. As far as scores go....who gives a f#$k but i would like to see what i can personally do with a couple or few clubs. Captain nemo you are more than welcome to come, might even enjoy yourselfYou should have an ambrose

Johnny Canuck
14th January 2018, 12:38 AM
You should have an ambrose

With 2 clubs.

3Puttpete
14th January 2018, 12:58 AM
With 2 clubs.Seems hard enough to get this going at one club