PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy wifey

JoeS
8th January 2018, 08:58 PM
So I thought I might be abme to sneak a new putter into the bag.Found one I liked at the shop,spent about an hour just putting and getting a feel for weight and grip.Settled on a odyssey o-works rline.Anyway got home and started a search,found 1 delivered to tje door with a $67 saving.

First mistake was getting the credit card out,second mistake was trying to act innocent.

Anyway,she still doesn't know about the ping driver

Lagerlover
8th January 2018, 09:31 PM
But you saved $67 ffs!!

They're a complicated race.

JoeS
8th January 2018, 09:45 PM
But you saved $67 ffs!!

They're a complicated race.Don't get me started.

Grumpy8
8th January 2018, 10:10 PM
You need a little cash stash for golfing purposes only

Uncle_Roy
8th January 2018, 10:11 PM
Word up the pro buy the lot see if he will let you pay it off over the year

JoeS
8th January 2018, 10:50 PM
You need a little cash stash for golfing purposes onlyGot one,I use it for my New Zealand trips

JoeS
8th January 2018, 10:51 PM
Word up the pro buy the lot see if he will let you pay it off over the yearHot the lot,bought the mizuno irons a couple months back

Captain Nemo
9th January 2018, 05:03 AM
Pfft, 1 putter and a driver...Your not trying hard enough...You’ve got a long way to go...

WBennett
9th January 2018, 08:13 AM
Pfft, 1 putter and a driver...You’ve got a long way to go...

I always make sure there is one significant 'on the record' purchase for the year, as well as all consumables.

Otherwise she gets suspicious. :lol:

3Puttpete
9th January 2018, 08:15 AM
No joint accounts. Sorted.

thecollective
9th January 2018, 11:20 AM
No joint accounts. Sorted.

they are ok for the critical stuff (home loans etc.) but yes you need your own bank account on top of that - otherwise this nonsense will go on forever; if you earn your keep and pay the family dues, you're entitled to do what you like with the rest provided its within your means...that is the hard bit for some people

Uncle_Roy
9th January 2018, 11:43 AM
Treat the source of the problem...not the result

okitoki
9th January 2018, 12:28 PM
my situation is when i go to play....

Wife: "are you playing golf this weekend/Sat/Sun?"
me: "no... I thought I stay home and spend time with you" (browny points)
Wife: "why not... go play... get healthy.... yada yada yada"

After playing golf... come home...
me: "Hows your day been?"
Wife: "So busy...... had to clean the house, mop the floor, wash the cloths, blah blah blah... not like some people just go out and play golf...."
me: ".........."

Hatchman
9th January 2018, 01:30 PM
my situation is when i go to play....

Wife: "are you playing golf this weekend/Sat/Sun?"
me: "no... I thought I stay home and spend time with you" (browny points)
Wife: "why not... go play... get healthy.... yada yada yada"

After playing golf... come home...
me: "Hows your day been?"
Wife: "So busy...... had to clean the house, mop the floor, wash the cloths, blah blah blah... not like some people just go out and play golf...."
me: ".........."

If they have any thought that you may be having fun or enjoying yourself they've got it in for you.

mrbluu
9th January 2018, 01:42 PM
My theory is to make sure I do stuff to make the missus upset. This way I know what we are arguing about. [emoji16]

Toxic
9th January 2018, 02:20 PM
my situation is when i go to play.... Wife: "are you playing golf this weekend/Sat/Sun?"me: "no... I thought I stay home and spend time with you" (browny points)Wife: "why not... go play... get healthy.... yada yada yada"After playing golf... come home... me: "Hows your day been?"Wife: "So busy...... had to clean the house, mop the floor, wash the cloths, blah blah blah... not like some people just go out and play golf...."me: ".........." Just point out spots she missed cleaning

thecollective
9th January 2018, 02:26 PM
if they have any thought that you may be having fun or enjoying yourself without them involved they've got it in for you.

ftfy ;)

okitoki
9th January 2018, 02:29 PM
ftfy ;)

lol... my mom was trying to encourage her to pick up golf as well so we can play together...

However, I remember clearly my mom and dad dont play together often..... even during mix partnership, my parents are in different teams.... hahaha....I think my dad would lecture my mom too much :D

JoeS
9th January 2018, 02:40 PM
Maybe,the more she nags the more I should buy,either she will give up and shutup,or kill me in my sleep

solarman
9th January 2018, 02:49 PM
I have a mate in the building next door I hide all my stuff with.

Also, keep using the same head covers, she will think you still have the same set.

Dotty
9th January 2018, 03:22 PM
Keep your golf clubs out of the kitchen and she'll never see the new stuff.

Progolfgear
9th January 2018, 03:30 PM
I guess this could be dangerous for some wives out there, but our policy is I buy what I want when I want and she can do the same.

Hatchman
9th January 2018, 03:47 PM
ftfy ;)

Is it possible to have fun with them involved and be clothed, I'm not so sure?

Lagerlover
9th January 2018, 03:48 PM
Give you a tip boys... they know.

Captain Nemo
9th January 2018, 07:40 PM
Give you a tip boys... they know. No ****ing way. Mines got no idea the shit I have and would prob have a fit if she knew what it’s worth...

benno_r
9th January 2018, 07:55 PM
I tried to convince my missus the money would be better spent on cocaine and hookers.

Didn't fly, but she pretends to be excited every time something new comes rolling in the door.

oldracer
9th January 2018, 09:15 PM
I tried to convince my missus the money would be better spent on cocaine and hookers.Didn't fly, but she pretends to be excited every time something new comes rolling in the door. You have a very rare commodity young fella, certainly a keeper

Lagerlover
9th January 2018, 09:19 PM
No ****ing way. Mines got no idea the shit I have and would prob have a fit if she knew what it’s worth... Yeah you're right, you would've outsmarted her the whole way.

benno_r
9th January 2018, 09:30 PM
You have a very rare commodity young fella, certainly a keeper

That's just a bonus.

That fact she puts up with me is the reason she's a keeper.

mrbluu
9th January 2018, 10:32 PM
Didn't fly, but she pretends to be excited every time something new comes rolling in the door.

Look at u pretending to be something new....[emoji16]

Captain Nemo
10th January 2018, 04:59 AM
Yeah you're right, you would've outsmarted her the whole way. I have.

WBennett
10th January 2018, 07:53 AM
That's just a bonus.

That fact she puts up with me is the reason she's a keeper.

That you are away half the year may assist her tolerance level :D

Hard_Pan
10th January 2018, 08:16 AM
My wife has horses.. I’m still catching up to the last vets bill.