PDA

View Full Version : lesson today :)

Flowergirl
11th July 2006, 02:18 PM
Just had a good lesson with my driver. I'm been trying so hard working on clearing my hips that I've been falling back instead of turning on the same axis. ( I know what I mean) I've been hitting square - but with too much height. So we worked on turning on the correct plane and keeping my head behind the ball but turning my hips clear. Oh crap - I know what I mean but I can't put it in words. I'm actually sitting here trying to get the turn right so I can explain it.:shock:
Anyway - when I got it right I hit it good.:shock: :oops: :-D :mrgreen:

BrisVegas
11th July 2006, 02:22 PM
good. 8)

Toolish
11th July 2006, 03:10 PM
So, you had been tilting the hips from the top down, instead of bumping them forward to get axis tilt then turning?

Is that right?

Fishman Dan
11th July 2006, 03:14 PM
FG - that's what happened to me when i had my lesson. Getting the turn right, but don't forget to transfer your weight... (no, i'm not calling you fat!).

The instructor had me hitting punch shots with driver, just to get the turn in and forget about the rest of the swing... using a 5-iron with the impact bag etc..

Took me 3 or 4 weeks to get it fluent, but i feel a lot more confident now!

Flowergirl
11th July 2006, 03:37 PM
Yep - you guys have got it right. That's what I was doing wrong Toolish and That's what I gotta do Fishy.:-D

AndyP
11th July 2006, 03:42 PM
No idea what you are talking about, but good work anyway.

Flowergirl
11th July 2006, 03:59 PM
Well that probably makes two of us - at least the other guys knew what I meant. :)

Jarro
11th July 2006, 05:43 PM
we need some pics FG (from behind) to see what you really mean ;)

Fishman Dan
11th July 2006, 05:44 PM
we need some pics FG (from behind) to see what you really mean ;)

All the instructor had to say was "Say NO to crack!"

Flowergirl
12th July 2006, 06:57 AM
My behind at least is getting smaller:smt002

Jarro
12th July 2006, 12:42 PM
we need pic's to verify this statement ;)