PDA

View Full Version : Best way to make my M2 swingweight lighter?

davepuppies
27th December 2017, 09:38 AM
I have lightweight Winn grips on my clubs, and the driver and 3 wood now feel head heavy.

What is the best way to remedy this?

I traditionally like a slightly lighter swingweight in my woods, so probably chasing 2-4 SW points.

Some sort of weight in the butt of the shaft under the grip?

Daves
27th December 2017, 10:13 AM
LW grips are only really fudging the SW scale. They make little difference to the actual swing MOI of the club. I have done the exercise with lead weights in the butt end of the shafts etc and then checked them on my MOI Analyser, and they do zip to actual swing heft. They do however work for some people in the sense that they respond well to a heavy butt end under the grip.

In the situations you mention, the only ways you can actually lower MOI/swing heft is to either loose weight from the head end, shorten the shaft, or change the shaft (more subtle).

ruley
27th December 2017, 10:20 AM
You can buy the little gold weights in various sizes that are in the head of the M2 on ebay, screw also which has a bit of weight.

TheNuclearOne
27th December 2017, 10:57 AM
What weight is your head Dave? The ones i have worked on have all been light by todays standards, perhaps you have one with the heavier weight. One i have currently weighs 194.5 grams without the adapter for a barometer. In this day i'd call that pretty light. It would be interesting to see what you have and you'd get an idea of what you need to do.

davepuppies
27th December 2017, 11:12 AM
LW grips are only really fudging the SW scale. They make little difference to the actual swing MOI of the club. I have done the exercise with lead weights in the butt end of the shafts etc and then checked them on my MOI Analyser, and they do zip to actual swing heft. They do however work for some people in the sense that they respond well to a heavy butt end under the grip.

In the situations you mention, the only ways you can actually lower MOI/swing heft is to either loose weight from the head end, shorten the shaft, or change the shaft (more subtle).

And I take it the shaft needs to be heavier to achieve a lighter swing weight?

I changed grips for the feel, not the weight saving......

Will look into the weights for the head, and also see what mine weighs

3oneday
27th December 2017, 11:49 AM
Couldn't you trim the butt to bring the swing weight down?

davepuppies
27th December 2017, 12:14 PM
Couldn't you trim the butt to bring the swing weight down?

I could, but playing at 45....... probably don’t want to go shorter than that.

Might just have to suck it up I guess.

benno_r
27th December 2017, 12:21 PM
And I take it the shaft needs to be heavier to achieve a lighter swing weight?

I changed grips for the feel, not the weight saving......

Will look into the weights for the head, and also see what mine weighs

Heavier shaft will raise swingweight.

Getting a new weight is definitely the easiest way to lower SW. They are pretty cheap out of China on eBay.

Jazz18
28th December 2017, 11:34 PM
Why don't you just put normal grips back on the woods if the Winns make them feel too light?

davepuppies
29th December 2017, 09:05 AM
Why don't you just put normal grips back on the woods if the Winns make them feel too light?

Because I am super fussy on my grips.....

Played tour wrap cords for 20 years. They no longer make them, took me a while to settle on a grip I like.

I am sure I can add some weight to the butt some how

davidw88
29th December 2017, 09:44 AM
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Graphite-Shaft-Counter-Weight-16-Grams-To-Reduce-Swingweight/172823735663?hash=item283d18ed6f:g:TjoAAOSwtH5ZlRc A