PDA

View Full Version : Blades

Bigbad
16th December 2017, 09:09 PM
Went to Drummond Golf at the Gabba today to have a look around and ended up hitting a 7 iron in the Taylormade P730 MB's and the Callaway Apex MB's. Both felt really good, I remember a few years ago the though of hitting blades was a little scary, but after today I'm sold on what my next setup will be. The Taylormade MB's were better for mine, softer feel plus i had tighter dispersion, both left and right plus long and short. Was able to control trajectory and shape it both ways. The slightly shorter head of the TM looked really nice at address, the Apex is a little longer but still played very nicely. Unfortunately they didn't have the 718MB from Titleist but I'll get to that soon enough. The price tag on the TM is the real turn off, other than that it was a fantastic iron, and their best release in 3 or 4 years.

3oneday
16th December 2017, 09:41 PM
You should see the Mizuno mp-18, very yummy

Bigbad
16th December 2017, 10:20 PM
You should see the Mizuno mp-18, very yummy Yeh I’ve seen the Mizuno’s, very nice looking club, would expect nothing less. I’ve played them before as well, not the MP18, but I didn’t get off on them like I thought I would.

Jake peralta
17th December 2017, 06:13 AM
I have recently moved from a ping g25 setup to miz mp18.....love the blade and to be honest the mis hits dont seem to be as bad as people made out them to be....or thought they would be.