PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing July 10

Grunt
10th July 2006, 01:15 PM
Well yet again I start this thread off. Wish I could say it was a good day but it just plain wasn't. Worst game ever, and I mean ever!!! 18 points, 10 wipes!!! 3 pars and a bogie made up 14 of the remaining points.
It was one of those days where if it could go wrong it would. On the 1st hole I missed the fairway (by inches) to land in between two tree roots and have an unplayable 2nd shot. That set the scene for the day.
On the 10th hole I tried to take a short cut by jumping over a small creek. As I landed the bag on my back pinched a nerve in my shoulder and that caused me to walk 4 holes before I could swing a club properly again. After tweaking my shoulder instead of the normal slice/fade I was pulling/hooking the ball.

Sorry to whoever I draw to play with in the strokeplay, I can see a 150+ coming.

AndyP
10th July 2006, 01:47 PM
Go Grunt, you good thing!!!

dc68
10th July 2006, 01:52 PM
Played Pac Harbour yesterday.....wow what a golf course, although I saw far more of it than I wanted to. shot 83:cry: , I hate playing a top notch track and chopping it around. That said I am really looking forward to another hit there. 2nd time around may help with knowing where/where not to hit it. Greens are incredibly undulating , hard and were pretty quick.

Bring on the next hit there!!

BrisVegas
10th July 2006, 01:59 PM
cool, glad you liked Pacific Harbour. I can't wait to play it again!!

PeteyD
10th July 2006, 02:25 PM
Maybe someone can organise an ozgolf day up there in September?

terryand
10th July 2006, 02:33 PM
Maybe someone can organise an ozgolf day up there in September?

Good idea Pete, onya for puttin ya hand up :smt023

Terry.

PeteyD
10th July 2006, 02:34 PM
Hehe - was thinking more along the lines of someone who can get us on there a bit cheaper maybe ??? I'll have to seee how the 30th goes first.

PeteyD
12th July 2006, 03:35 PM
4BBB Stab at Reddy Bay today. Playing with a guy off 16, we had 40 points. I was dreadful on the front nine (actually the back) but came home strong with 20 points. Scoring myself I had 32 points again, but with 4 washes. Hope I hold up better on Sunday.

Flowergirl
12th July 2006, 04:08 PM
First round of the Presidents Trophy. Stableford. A nice 37 points - 18 front and 19 on the back. Putted well - stuffed up a couple of drives ( well four really) but didn't panic and scrambled back.
Won A grade and reduced by .3. Still off 18. Not ready to drop yet. Happy to stay on 18 - forever!!

Jarro
12th July 2006, 04:30 PM
nice shootin' Reenie 8)

Flowergirl
12th July 2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks Jarro:mrgreen:

oz
12th July 2006, 09:28 PM
37 points at Thurgoona for me today. Hit it real solid all day, but could not get a putt to drop. Only missed 2 greens on the front (with my longest birdie attempt at about 20-22 feet), and still turned at +2, despite getting up & down on one of the missed greens. :(

The pressure of poor putting showed on my long game, and after driving one in the drink on 11, and missing more very makeable birdie putts, my pattern of frustration was set. Out in 19, back in 18 for 37 points (gross 77).

cazandpaul
13th July 2006, 04:40 AM
33 points yesterday (with 38 putts:oops: ) - why is this game so frustrating:?

dc68
14th July 2006, 09:05 AM
76 yesterday after starting with a triple bogey 8 , followed by an Eagle 2
on the second.
Well after the horror start quite happy with the result,
26 putts (chipping was hot.)
6 GIR
6 Fairways hit
14 pars
1 trip
1 dub
1 bogey
1 eagle
6 u/d
2 sand saves.

Grunt
14th July 2006, 01:20 PM
played @ Macarthur Grange this morning as a final shakedown before tomorrow, Hot and cold round once more, 35 points with 3 wipes. Boy I can't wait until the day I can play well for 18 holes.
9 Fairways
6 GIR
4 Penalties
35 putts (lots of 1st putt's lipped out)

Could have been way better ,but with the way I have been playing it could have been way worse.
Also left my 5i in the garage as I was practicing the other day and did not put it back in to the bag. Was a real struggle to not get myself in any position to need to use it either.

dc68
14th July 2006, 02:15 PM
Hell of a lot better than the 18 pts on monday though Grant.

Grunt
14th July 2006, 02:23 PM
Sure was and I think the whole game improved a lot.

Flowergirl
15th July 2006, 06:23 AM
Great game Wednesday - crap one yesterday:evil: Hopefully if the pattern continues that means I'll play well on Sunday against Chappy.:???:

Could not putt. So after my game I practised putting for an hour. There was a young guy ( off 1) practising so I went up to him and said - right - what am I doing wrong. So he gave me a few tips. Now I wasn't sinking more putts but I was rolling the ball better. So hopefully with a bit of practise I'll get more confident.
When it comes to judging the speed I have no idea!!!!!!!

Bruce
15th July 2006, 12:23 PM
IBM corporate day yesterday at Woodlands.

Nice and fun as such things are but our two bogies were the difference between winning and middle of the pack. The day was notable only for:

MY FIRST EVER EAGLE!!!

I feel I am justified in claiming it as I hit the first drive and the only putt. After driving onto the short par 4 4th we were left with and 8 foot putt. One of my partners offered to go first to show me the line - but what if he got it in the hole!!!. I declined the offer and rolled the ball in for the highlight of my golfing life to date.

Weather better improve for tomorrow.

Flowergirl
15th July 2006, 12:46 PM
Yea on the Eagle Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes I'll let you claim it for yor own. :mrgreen:

You're right - hope the weather gets a lot better for tomorrow cos I'm getting a cold - cough cough :smt087 :( :evil:

AndyP
15th July 2006, 03:27 PM
Congrats on the eagle, Bruce, you bastard.

Grunt
15th July 2006, 03:47 PM
Congrats Bruce,
Is it that I play alot or something I actually am not sure of how many eagles I have had. I know the best ever was the 15th @ New brighton, holing my 3rd shot from 140m out to get a 3/6 stableford points :p

BrisWesty
15th July 2006, 04:03 PM
Well done Bruce. Those of us who haven't got an eagle bow in awe (until we get our own eagle).

Well I was meant to be playing today, but my brother flew up to Brisbane from Ballarat, and took me out to play Skirmish this morning as a surprise birthday thing. I guess the answer to "What did you shoot today" is therefore paintball pellets and people. (And even the pellets had a gay fade on them!)

No cuts but plenty of welts. Damn, it was fun, except for getting hit in the clacker!

My bro wanted to get one of the paint bomb grenades, but they were all out of stock, apparently they are stuck in customs. Some moron in the USA wrote "grenades" on the box!

AndyP
15th July 2006, 04:23 PM
Way to take the focus off Bruce's achievement, Grunt.

Grunt
15th July 2006, 04:35 PM
I did not mean to. I am sorry if I had, all I was saying that I am amazed to hear good golfers say that they have never hit an eagle. I am not a good golfer.

BrisWesty
15th July 2006, 04:56 PM
Grunt, apparently you always remember your first one. ;-)

goughy
15th July 2006, 05:29 PM
An eagle on a par 4 can be as ellusive as a hole in one. Especially for us mere mortals. And if you're not a long hitter then most par 5's aren't eagle propositions as well. They are a big thing for us. Not as big as a hole in one, but getting there.

Well done Brucey...

terryand
15th July 2006, 06:00 PM
Grunt, apparently you always remember your first one. ;-)

:smt011 Nuh,not here.

Well done Bruce, it makes you fell 10 foot tall and bulletproof for a next few holes doesn't it :smt047

Terry.

Bruce
15th July 2006, 06:56 PM
:smt011 Nuh,not here.

Well done Bruce, it makes you fell 10 foot tall and bulletproof for a next few holes doesn't it :smt047

Terry.

The andrenalin actually made me a little wobbly for the next hole.

I'd pretty much done my job for the day. It was my third drive counted from the group so I didn't need to add anything else to the team for the day. All by the 4th hole.

Courty
15th July 2006, 11:41 PM
Well done, Bruce.

My tale is not as exciting. Individual stableford round starting on the back 9. I didn't make one 3 pointer as I stumbled to 11 points for the 9. The 2nd 9 was a bit better. A birdie on the last saw me finish with 19 points for 30 overall. Crap golf, but we won the bet. :mrgreen:

goughy
16th July 2006, 06:32 AM
My tale sux:

I got nothing :(

Pinglauncher
16th July 2006, 04:22 PM
No eagles for me today, but happy to say I finished on the right side of the scorecard with +2.

It has been a while and I felt like I was choking down the last few holes but hopefully I am back on track again with my game.

BrisVegas
16th July 2006, 06:58 PM
Carbrook today, first time I've seen it.

84 gross for 31 points.
5fairways
5 GIR
29 putts

Had 23 points through 15 holes and was wishing I was somewhere else. Finished birdie, par, par after putting some decent swings on it. There's hope...

oz
16th July 2006, 08:31 PM
Shabby round today at Albury GC. Missed too many putts, and that put pressure on my long game, which started to unravel a bit. Ended up with 3 double bogeys, a few bogeys, and a lonely birdie, for a 78 and 34 points.

Stoney
17th July 2006, 08:37 AM
Carbrook yesterday, played matchplay against 990B so the focus was a little off the stroke play, hit some silly shots that would normally not be played when you are not giving away 11 strokes to a 13 marker that chips and putts better than Phil Mickelson.

74 Gross
7 Fairways
10 Greens
29 Putts

That could be the round to finally get me back to 3. Highest handicap since November 1996. The lack of golf and 3 kids is finally catching up.

I am happy though

McMw
17th July 2006, 07:14 PM
my first decent weekend of golf for the year... :D

had a 74 on saturday at home course, nice finish with a bird!!! :D
had a 71 on Sunday at KGM (1 under course) with 2 missed decent bird putts on the last 2 holes... Personal best for the course too, beating the previous mark of 74... :mrgreen:
and just shot 73 today at home course this arvo, 5 bogs, 2 birds, with 2 missed birds from inside 4 ft as well...

that 71 on Sunday was SWEET!!! started with a bogey too... :lol:

Davemason
17th July 2006, 08:06 PM
Had a good round on Saturday and being the last round of the club champs it was handy , had a gross of 89 with a net 69 and with my other two rounds of 95 and 95 for a total of 279 gross was enough to get me the 'C' grade club champ for the second time, at the presentation the club pro said I should pull my finger out and next year and take out the B grade champ

AndyP
17th July 2006, 08:17 PM
Well done, Dave. Were you surprised with the win?

oz
17th July 2006, 10:07 PM
Nice work, Dave. Sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown down, though. You'll need to tackle the B Grade now, for the sake of your pride. :) Congrats on the win!

Jarro
18th July 2006, 05:01 AM
Nice shootin' Dave :smt023

.. make sure you bring some of that form down with you next time you come ;)

jaster
18th July 2006, 11:07 AM
my first decent weekend of golf for the year... :D

had a 74 on saturday at home course, nice finish with a bird!!! :D
had a 71 on Sunday at KGM (1 under course) with 2 missed decent bird putts on the last 2 holes... Personal best for the course too, beating the previous mark of 74... :mrgreen:
and just shot 73 today at home course this arvo, 5 bogs, 2 birds, with 2 missed birds from inside 4 ft as well...

that 71 on Sunday was SWEET!!! started with a bogey too... :lol:

Wow...when you going to Tour School??!!! Nice shooting tex :)

McMw
18th July 2006, 11:14 AM
Wow...when you going to Tour School??!!! Nice shooting tex :)

:lol:

funnily enough, I've been asked/invited to try and qualify for the upcoming Brunei Open (Asian Tour) at the Empire last weekend of August)...

Last year, the 4-5 spots were given to the National Squad players (fair enough) but for some reason this year, the BGA has decided to open up the qualification process to all the clubs here, and 6 from my club have been selected for invitation...

Qualifying starts next Monday till Thursday - so not sure how many will get picked...

my scores @ Empire are crap - but hey...4 days of free golf at the Empire - can't pass it up!!!

Also wanna see how I stack up against the other players who's been picked not already in the national squad...

Would be AWESOME to play well and get picked tho!!!

jaster
18th July 2006, 11:21 AM
Hell yeah!! Good luck mate :)

Jarro
18th July 2006, 12:30 PM
good luck Mau 8)

McMw
20th July 2006, 06:09 PM
got a revised schedule...

Monday - Empire
Tuesday - RBA
Wedneday - Panaga (home course)
Thursday - Pantai

which is good news!!!
have played/scored well on the 3 other courses, so might have a decent shot...just don screw up the first day!!! :lol: