PDA

View Full Version : Snell Tour Ball

Ferrins
10th December 2017, 06:32 AM
Playing with a 3 cap yesterday who was using these Snell Tour Balls. He thinks they are as good as Pro V's and had bought this 6 dozen pack. The guys behind irt apparently had helped develop the Titleist and TM Tour balls. Thpughts?
https://www.snellgolfaustralia.com.au/products/my-tour-ball-value-pack-6-dozen/

AlexMc
10th December 2017, 03:05 PM
Tried them - terrible in the wind, don’t spin as much.

RobNewy
12th December 2017, 09:53 PM
I was very impressedwith them.

To me they were as good as most other tour balls

mugpunta
13th December 2017, 11:06 PM
i have bought the trial pack and played 3 rounds with them. they are comparable with other urethane balls are far as i can tell (average golfer). currently trialing forte tps, apex 6 & prototype1, vice pro & pro+, srixon z, snell mtb, chrome soft. looking at no more then $45 a dozen

3Puttpete
14th December 2017, 10:35 AM
i have bought the trial pack and played 3 rounds with them. they are comparable with other urethane balls are far as i can tell (average golfer). currently trialing forte tps, apex 6 & prototype1, vice pro & pro+, srixon z, snell mtb, chrome soft. looking at no more then $45 a dozenI reckon the forte will win.

Johnny Canuck
14th December 2017, 12:23 PM
I’ve had a few hits with the Snell, felt and performed fine.

Vice’s offering is quite good too.

Oldplayer
18th December 2017, 07:18 AM
You might find this video informative. https://mygolfspy.com/dean-snell-answers-your-golf-ball-questions/

RobNewy
18th December 2017, 07:24 AM
Were is everyone getting the Vice balls from?

okitoki
18th December 2017, 09:05 AM
Were is everyone getting the Vice balls from? Just bought it from their online store $134 for 5 dozen of the Vice Tours

RobNewy
18th December 2017, 07:35 PM
Thanks mate

Jake peralta
18th December 2017, 08:18 PM
Was ising the pro v1x......now use the tp5.......love em......im not the best golfer, dont care if its in my head, i like em

Johnny Canuck
19th December 2017, 12:43 AM
Just bought it from their online store $134 for 5 dozen of the Vice Tours

That’s good pricing.

Was ising the pro v1x......now use the tp5.......love em......im not the best golfer, dont care if its in my head, i like em

I play off 1. It’s all in the head. Any of the premium balls work fine. You just want to use the one that you are most confident with.

I reckon if you took the branding off any premo ball, I couldn’t tell a difference.

Matt 3 Jab
19th December 2017, 09:10 AM
One of our pro's found a vice ball and thought it was an old balata.

It felt like a marshmallow off the club. And I thought it flew weird but I'm not sure what model it was.

Ill stick with the vision reds

okitoki
19th December 2017, 11:51 AM
I bought a club from some one a few months ago, and he gave me a sleeve of the Vice tours... hit it once, but then left in the bag and forgot about it.
Was kind of accidental that I used it on Sunday's game as I forgot to bring a new sleeve of my normal Chrome Soft balls....
I have a slowish swing speed at 95mph max for my driver; 7 iron distance is around the 140m mark
Compare to the chrome soft I was using on Saturday, i found my short game with the Vice tour was excellent in terms of able to feel and control the right distance with my putting and chipping. spin rate must have been good because i find the ball was not moving much on the green from where it landed.
Only downside I found was it seems to be slightly harder to control compare to the chrome soft off the driver..... not sure if it was just my swing for the day...

But was impressed enough for me to order the 5 dozen to try out :)

Bigbad
19th December 2017, 01:15 PM
I play off 1. It’s all in the head. Any of the premium balls work fine. You just want to use the one that you are most confident with.

I reckon if you took the branding off any premo ball, I couldn’t tell a difference.

Couldn't agree more, I play off 2 and I've messed around with Titleist, Forte, Callaway and have landed on the TP5 or TP5x. I'm more comfortable hitting it, for whatever reason that is i'm not sure. I used to feel pressure playing a Titleist, mainly because I didn't want to lose a $6 ball haha, so the original Tour Preferred TM ball got my vote as it was $20 cheaper. Played my best rounds with it so I've stuck with it. If they're all blank, you wouldn't recognise a great difference I wouldn't imagine, maybe around the greens and putting.

Jake peralta
21st December 2017, 07:15 PM
That’s good pricing. I play off 1. It’s all in the head. Any of the premium balls work fine. You just want to use the one that you are most confident with. I reckon if you took the branding off any premo ball, I couldn’t tell a difference. Im off 5 now...or just under but a lot of sport is in your head ....i just like to see that little symbal. Only been at golf about 18 months so anything i think helps ill take

okitoki
21st December 2017, 08:34 PM
OK... Pretty impressed. Ordered on the 18th and just received the Vice balls today from Germany.

:)

mugpunta
7th February 2018, 08:49 PM
I see Snell are releasing 2 new balls - MTB Black (3 piece) and MTB Red (4 piece) with the red getting a optic yellow cover option. Unsure of a release date in Oz.

mugpunta
7th February 2018, 08:53 PM
Vice Pro is leading at the moment (lowest scored round) but i have just ordered some Vision X Reds to trial. I do believe that it is probably mostly in my head as others have said!

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2018, 03:27 AM
I tried a Vice ball and found it to be very nice.

BUSHY
7th October 2018, 11:41 PM
I see Snell are releasing 2 new balls - MTB Black (3 piece) and MTB Red (4 piece) with the red getting a optic yellow cover option. Unsure of a release date in Oz.

Just bumping this, I’ve been playing the original Snell since around Xmas. Got an end of year deal for 6doz for just over $200. Really like them and have not found them lacking in any area and in fact I think they’re more durable than other premo pills.

At the recent OzGolf QLD Champs I won a few sleeves of the MTB Red and they are just as good. A bit too much spin for me with the irons but they’re great balls. Much brighter white than the original ball but still really durable and the feel is great. Will be buying a few more of the Black soon because I’m down to my last dozen.

Jono
8th October 2018, 10:34 AM
Just bumping this, I’ve been playing the original Snell since around Xmas. Got an end of year deal for 6doz for just over $200. Really like them and have not found them lacking in any area and in fact I think they’re more durable than other premo pills. At the recent OzGolf QLD Champs I won a few sleeves of the MTB Red and they are just as good. A bit too much spin for me with the irons but they’re great balls. Much brighter white than the original ball but still really durable and the feel is great. Will be buying a few more of the Black soon because I’m down to my last dozen. That’s a great price. Might get some myself.

BUSHY
8th October 2018, 11:02 AM
That’s a great price. Might get some myself.

That’s the run out price. They’re ~$250 for 6 doz.

Slothman
8th October 2018, 11:40 AM
Yeh been playing the Black for a while now. Love them. The Reds are a touch too spinny for me on the PW-8 iron range.

If you grab 3 dozen you get a bit of discount down to around $3.75 a ball. The durability is amazing. I retired my first 3 after 3 rounds each just for practice balls. Easily could keep playing them as the dropoff is minimal.

Totally recommend them.

BUSHY
8th October 2018, 12:01 PM
Yeh been playing the Black for a while now. Love them. The Reds are a touch too spinny for me on the PW-8 iron range.

If you grab 3 dozen you get a bit of discount down to around $3.75 a ball. The durability is amazing. I retired my first 3 after 3 rounds each just for practice balls. Easily could keep playing them as the dropoff is minimal.

Totally recommend them.

Not sure if the durability is surprising but it is fantastic, I have never seen a premo ball last as long. I 100% agree with the spin in the short irons, still manage to hit it a long way off the tee with driver and fairways BUT when you spin them it really spins.

Has anyone tried the Vice Pro Soft? I’m keen to get some as I’ve read good things.

olddogmike
8th October 2018, 02:42 PM
Not sure if the durability is surprising but it is fantastic, I have never seen a premo ball last as long. I 100% agree with the spin in the short irons, still manage to hit it a long way off the tee with driver and fairways BUT when you spin them it really spins. Has anyone tried the Vice Pro Soft? I’m keen to get some as I’ve read good things.I found a Vice Pro Soft on the coarse, don't know where it was from as our pro shop do not sell them. It plays long with good spin an stopping power, also very durable with no signs of wear after a few rounds, and still bright white with no discoloration. I normally play Pro V1x, and it compared favorably.

BUSHY
8th October 2018, 03:52 PM
I found a Vice Pro Soft on the coarse, don't know where it was from as our pro shop do not sell them. It plays long with good spin an stopping power, also very durable with no signs of wear after a few rounds, and still bright white with no discoloration. I normally play Pro V1x, and it compared favorably.

That’s all I need to know [emoji41]

benno_r
8th October 2018, 04:00 PM
There were a fair few sticks of Snell Red that got divvied out at champs? Any other feedback on them?

thecollective
8th October 2018, 05:28 PM
There were a fair few sticks of Snell Red that got divvied out at champs? Any other feedback on them?

with the 3 I got I thought they played nice, plenty of spin and the wear was good. Looked a little glossy compared to other balls, would take a bit of getting used to.

was there a prize for NTP on the Monday?

benno_r
8th October 2018, 05:43 PM
with the 3 I got I thought they played nice, plenty of spin and the wear was good. Looked a little glossy compared to other balls, would take a bit of getting used to.

was there a prize for NTP on the Monday?

Sure was, and I thank you for your donation to "Benno tries the Snell ball next time he get's home" fund!! :D :D :D

thecollective
8th October 2018, 05:45 PM
Sure was, and I thank you for your donation to "Benno tries the Snell ball next time he get's home" fund!! :D :D :D

My pleasure✌️

Courty
10th October 2018, 06:25 PM

Yep, they go into the piss just like any other ball. :lol:

Seriously though, I've only played a single round with mine but thus far it's been indistinguishable from premo pills in terms of performance IMO.

BUSHY
10th October 2018, 11:56 PM
Yep, they go into the piss just like any other ball. :lol:

Seriously though, I've only played a single round with mine but thus far it's been indistinguishable from premo pills in terms of performance IMO.

I think the real key here is getting people to try them. They’re awesome value but I think most people who have never tried them would balk at that notion of buying 6 dozen as a risk. They’d be thinking “what do I do with the ‘mail order’ balls if I hate them?”

Easier to pay more for something you can buy in sleeves of three at the shop?

My experience is that it’s worth it, great golf balls.

thecollective
15th October 2018, 12:04 PM
came across this q & a on the tube, Dean seems to give you fact with very little marketing pitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsW482jvOM

I hate marking identification on my golf balls (comes off on your clubs) so by using a unique ball like Snell / Forte / Wilson Staff FG it eliminates the problem

Once my Fortes run out might order a batch of these next

Captain Nemo
15th October 2018, 04:01 PM
That’s a pretty cool video, very upfront and honest of him to do.
It’s cool seeing theses smaller companies take on the big OEM’s.
Like Forte Golf (shameless plug for my sponsor)...
They are making balls as good as the others, I suppose it’s just the exposure and advertising where they can’t keep up.

BUSHY
15th October 2018, 04:32 PM
That’s a pretty cool video, very upfront and honest of him to do.
It’s cool seeing theses smaller companies take on the big OEM’s.
Like Forte Golf (shameless plug for my sponsor)...
They are making balls as good as the others, I suppose it’s just the exposure and advertising where they can’t keep up.

Yeah exactly. This is where it may be holding these smaller companies back. Golfers who don’t frequent forums would hardly know about all these smaller companies making great balls with no middleman at a fraction of the price.

Once you get the opportunity to test them and use them on the course it’s fairly clear how good they are.

Captain Nemo
15th October 2018, 04:47 PM
I’d never buy one of the big 3 again.
I may use Pro Shop credit, but I’d never actually buy them retail...
Forte all day for me!

BUSHY
15th October 2018, 04:51 PM
Forte all day for me!

I wouldn’t even waste my credit on them.

If I ever win any [emoji26]

TheNuclearOne
15th October 2018, 05:34 PM
That was an awesome video.

Captain Nemo
15th October 2018, 06:45 PM
I wouldn’t even waste my credit on them.

If I ever win any [emoji26]

Don’t you ever make me hear talk like that from you again champ, I’ll have to knock some sense into you next year!��

Slothman
17th October 2018, 11:14 AM
Forte all day for me!

I was impressed with Forte when I tested them. But was blown away by Snell. Now they are available in Australia it makes it so much easier to obtain as well.

thecollective
17th October 2018, 12:05 PM
I was impressed with Forte when I tested them. But was blown away by Snell. Now they are available in Australia it makes it so much easier to obtain as well.

On a 6 dozen buy, the Snell is $10 more expensive per dozen than the Forte Tour trajectory (the prototype ball they sent everyone)

To be honest at the moment I cannot justify the extra $10 as the Forte ball is very good - plays alot like the old Maxfli Revo that sold in 2002 for $70 per doz.

That is under the basis that Forte will match the same deal as I paid last time, otherwise Snell here we come

Slothman
18th October 2018, 11:50 AM
On a 6 dozen buy, the Snell is $10 more expensive per dozen than the Forte Tour trajectory (the prototype ball they sent everyone)

To be honest at the moment I cannot justify the extra $10 as the Forte ball is very good - plays alot like the old Maxfli Revo that sold in 2002 for $70 per doz.

That is under the basis that Forte will match the same deal as I paid last time, otherwise Snell here we come

Fair call on that. Does the Forte Tour Trajectory (I tested the prototype) discolour very quickly still or did they remedy that?

Captain Nemo
18th October 2018, 12:03 PM
Fair call on that. Does the Forte Tour Trajectory (I tested the prototype) discolour very quickly still or did they remedy that?

The colour issue is fixed...

thecollective
18th October 2018, 12:35 PM
The colour issue is fixed...

correct, none of my tt balls have shown any discolouration. I believe the tt ball was made a bit firmer than the original Proto that everybody got, some people didn't like it but I think it plays well

Slothman
21st October 2018, 10:18 AM
Well that is interesting. I did really like the TT when I tested it. I have 3 dozen Snell balls left over but might be tempted to try Forte again.

mugpunta
19th November 2018, 11:18 PM
Well that is interesting. I did really like the TT when I tested it. I have 3 dozen Snell balls left over but might be tempted to try Forte again.

They are a good ball. Forte needed a cheaper price point 4 piece ball as most would be hesitant to the price of the apex/forte 6.
I have cut open a tour trajactory & vice pro+ and they look identical (same colour/layer thickness but may have slightly different compounds?).
I know mygolfspy did a comparison of the pro v1x against the vice pro+ and if they are identical (made at the same factory), forte tour trajactory are cheaper then the vice's and near identical to pro v1x.
https://mygolfspy.com/vice-pro-plus-vs-titleist-pro-v1x/

i am still to try the new snells so will probably buy the trial pack for myself for xmas. liked the original MTB but still like to try everthing on the market and my never settle on one specific ball.

AndyP
7th October 2019, 01:57 PM
I finally got around to using the balls that I got from the Champs. I'm not noticing a huge difference in feel from the U-Tour that I always use. I am wondering if it is longer though, as there have been some shots that have gone longer than expected, but that might just be my inconsistent play at the moment.