PDA

View Full Version : F...en AUs post

D22marshall
30th November 2017, 09:41 AM
So had a putter sold on ebay buyer in Germany and have delt with him before good guy, post via aus post 5 to 6 business days. Posted 31st aug now over a month open inquiry and all I get from Aus post is looks like has not moved from chullora! So they have another 5 days then it’s deemed lost and almost I will get is postage cost and $50 max compo.....!!!
Cu.ts!!
My rant all I say is use couriers for OS transactions might cost a bit more but way safer and quicker.

benno_r
30th November 2017, 09:45 AM
Or buy insurance?

Johnny Canuck
30th November 2017, 10:31 AM
Or buy insurance?

That’s been the golden rule for ages, got it from PTP.

benno_r
30th November 2017, 10:50 AM
Yeah, not trying to be a smarta*se - but Auspost with insurance is still cheaper than couriers.

D22marshall
30th November 2017, 11:31 AM
Aus post shit over a month interparcel 4 days delivered to US

pt73
30th November 2017, 12:23 PM
I've been using Fastway through Transdirect for domestic, insurance is free with no excess and cheaper than Aus Post for most interstate destinations e.g. WA.

Bonus is they take boxes over 120cm with no issues.

mrbluu
30th November 2017, 02:25 PM
Aus post shit over a month interparcel 4 days delivered to US

It took over 2 weeks to get something sent from Qld to Sydney. It sat in Sunshine West for about 9 days!!!

petethepilot
30th November 2017, 03:09 PM
I only lost a $1000 set of Miura headsdue Aus Post Platinium International post. Got $50 plus the postage back!!!Wacko

Lagerlover
30th November 2017, 03:13 PM
Always insurance

Hatchman
30th November 2017, 03:35 PM
The cost of insurance is small I cant believe people don't use the option.
Last thing I want to be doing is refunding someones money and be out of pocket for someone elses stuff up or worst being out of pocket for someone pulling a shifty and having the dispute go their way through Paypal.

D22marshall
30th November 2017, 05:02 PM
I only lost a $1000 set of Miura headsdue Aus Post Platinium International post. Got $50 plus the postage back!!!Wacko THat will be my outcome also pete wacko!!

D22marshall
30th November 2017, 05:02 PM
1k gone also

olddogmike
30th November 2017, 06:00 PM
Seems to be a lot of Miura heads around at the moment, there are two sets on Perth Gumtree at the moment, one LH one RH, I hope they are legit, and not the ones lost by Austpost.

peter_rs
30th November 2017, 09:33 PM
Out of interest don’t you need proof of the goods cost for a Ap claim?

3oneday
1st December 2017, 04:43 AM
You'd need to be able to prove their value, if they were insured.

AndyP
1st December 2017, 06:43 AM
Doesn't Daves have an Australia Post rant thread or is that the Piss me off thread?

goughy
1st December 2017, 08:12 AM
Thought the Piss me off thread was mine??

Ordered some bike stuff on Sept 1 from Wiggle. One piece was shipped the same day as everything else but in a separate bag. It arrived two days ago.

grandmasterb
1st December 2017, 09:17 AM
Thought the Piss me off thread was mine??

Ordered some bike stuff on Sept 1 from Wiggle. One piece was shipped the same day as everything else but in a separate bag. It arrived two days ago.

The last few orders I've had with Wiggle have been similar and apparently its because the stock isn't coming out of the Aus distrubution warehouse but from the UK.

goughy
1st December 2017, 09:54 AM
Yeah, shipping from the UK is pretty normal. But suddenly disappearing after it was picked up and on its way, to arriving nearly 3 months later like nothing has happened?

D22marshall
30th December 2017, 07:57 AM
Ok this is one of the best updates I have ever made.
Aus post has offered me the max pay out of $50 and the postage cost which was $55 so $110, that was mid December lost parcel!
22nd December parcel started tracking again In Amsterdam.
Couldn’t believe it.
Emails to buyer and lo and behold delivered to him today!!!
He PayPal’s me direct so I told him $50 less which he’s happy.
In the end $105 back off Aus post all ebay and PayPal fees back also.
So great outcome but NEVER want to go through that again!!
Merry Christmas happy new year boys.
I will also put some stuff up at good prices tomorrow to celebrate.

Jake peralta
30th December 2017, 06:56 PM
Mate, i deal with them daily.......horrendous.....try e-go awesome

goughy
1st January 2018, 08:46 AM
I think I read somewhere that the mail posties (not parcel deliverers who still worked) were given the 29th off as they had all worked so hard over xmas. Normal people (ie not posties) were furious as many still hadn't received mail and parcels by xmas. One was saying she paid for express post for an item on the Monday before xmas and it hadn't arrived by the Friday before.

I think we should all give up email for a month and send every message via snail mail. That'll show them what hard work is like.

Thinking of it, I can't remember when my postie last had a holiday, at least since he took up the contract. Since he started I've never seen anyone else deliver the mail, and he drives down to me in my shed to drop ours off so I see him most days of the week. And I thought I worked too much!!!!