PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a motorised buggy.

Captain Nemo
29th November 2017, 08:41 PM
45 tomorrow.
Time to ditch the Cligear 3.5 and get something motorised.
Tell me what’s the best out there, cost not an issue.
I don’t want/need one with the distance shit built in.

Dotty
29th November 2017, 09:06 PM
I think Davepuppies and Jazz have a MGI Navigator lovefest thead somewhere here.

Personally, I find pushing a Bagboy C3 less effort than trying to steer an electric trolley.

benno_r
29th November 2017, 09:11 PM
45 tomorrow.
I don’t want/need one with the distance shit built in.

Powerkaddy I used at RA was the best holding on buggy I have used.

MGI navigator remote control the best by all accounts.

Captain Nemo
29th November 2017, 09:24 PM
I think Davepuppies and Jazz have a MGI Navigator lovefest thead somewhere here. Personally, I find pushing a Bagboy C3 less effort than trying to steer an electric trolley. Yeh tried to find a thread no joy.

Captain Nemo
29th November 2017, 09:24 PM
Powerkaddy I used at RA was the best holding on buggy I have used.MGI navigator remote control the best by all accounts. Cheers

davepuppies
29th November 2017, 09:40 PM
Big thumbs up for MGI navigator mate.

Gammon
30th November 2017, 04:43 AM
45 tomorrow.
I don’t want/need one with the distance shit built in.45? I thought you were closer to 50 [emoji6]

Forget all that tech mate I'm sure a flash club like "The Doon" has a caddy program.

Captain Nemo
30th November 2017, 06:50 AM
Shut up you, go have another pina colada! Your right about the caddies though that would be great!

WBennett
30th November 2017, 07:43 AM
45 and you need a motorised buggy? You have 5 years to wait.

Captain Nemo
30th November 2017, 07:46 AM
45 and you need a motorised buggy? You have 5 years to wait. **** off, have you seen my track!😳

Dotty
30th November 2017, 08:46 AM
**** off, have you seen my track!
It's very hilly*.

* when compared to it's neighbours.

Captain Nemo
30th November 2017, 08:47 AM
It's very hilly*. * when compared to it's neighbours. Understatement Dotty! 😳

Slug
30th November 2017, 01:04 PM
just got a mgi zip navigator, used first round on weekend and cant fault it at all

holds bag well, variable speeds, easy to use remote

Gammon
30th November 2017, 01:10 PM
Shut up you, go have another pina colada! Your right about the caddies though that would be great!Good idea Loz!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171130/519372ddc923fd88c90eba46598499de.jpg

mrbluu
30th November 2017, 02:23 PM
45 tomorrow.

**** me, AndyP why did it take this thread thread 5 years to pop up on my feed [emoji16][emoji16]

Captain Nemo
30th November 2017, 04:32 PM
Good idea Loz!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171130/519372ddc923fd88c90eba46598499de.jpg

Lol, deadset that will do me!
Ill be at the Cloey tom night having a real mans drink!
:lol:

Captain Nemo
30th November 2017, 04:33 PM
**** me, AndyP why did it take this thread thread 5 years to pop up on my feed [emoji16][emoji16]

Blow me!
:D

daMANiack
30th November 2017, 06:01 PM
Hi,

Love my MGI G800 Navigator, had 5 years and still using the lithium 24 volt battery. Yes I've had some issues with it, but still love it, believe are better that the QUAD and it comes with the GPS even though I mainly use my Leupold GX-3i2 laser rangefinder.

Cheerz :) :D ;)

Uncle_Roy
30th November 2017, 06:11 PM
Love my Stewart Golf X7 if you want something different from the pack contact Rys at Golf Carts Sydney and he will ship anywhere. I don't get any comision but it is awesome. I wanted a remote buggy no gps and this fit the bill. Bit more expensive than the MGI but not much.

Captain Nemo
30th November 2017, 06:21 PM
Hi,

Love my MGI G800 Navigator, had 5 years and still using the lithium 24 volt battery. Yes I've had some issues with it, but still love it, believe are better that the QUAD and it comes with the GPS even though I mainly use my Leupold GX-3i2 laser rangefinder.

So would that equal the Zip?
http://mgigolf.com/shop/mgi-zip-navigator/

Captain Nemo
2nd December 2017, 02:51 PM
Done and dusted....
MGI Navigator.

KristianJ
2nd December 2017, 06:59 PM
45 tomorrow.

Sounds like a late January day in Penrith.

Happy belated birthday, L!

Captain Nemo
2nd December 2017, 07:12 PM
Sounds like a late January day in Penrith. Happy belated birthday, L!Cheers mate.

Jazz18
2nd December 2017, 07:51 PM
Done and dusted....
MGI Navigator.

Good stuff mate. Definitely the way to go. Best thing I every bought for golf.

awhc
4th December 2017, 10:03 AM
Love my Stewart Golf X7 if you want something different from the pack contact Rys at Golf Carts Sydney and he will ship anywhere. I don't get any comision but it is awesome. I wanted a remote buggy no gps and this fit the bill. Bit more expensive than the MGI but not much.

I can only see golf carts on the website.

Do they sell Stewart Golf X9 Follow?

Uncle_Roy
4th December 2017, 12:51 PM
New contact https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171204/a6aff069c7119fb90c2d807516e7e9f3.jpg

BUSHY
4th December 2017, 02:15 PM
So would that equal the Zip?
http://mgigolf.com/shop/mgi-zip-navigator/

Played in Melbourne with someone who had an MGI ZIP X3, looked the goods. Not sure on aussie price though.

PerryGroves
4th December 2017, 02:18 PM
Done and dusted....
MGI Navigator.

Gonna be handy on those 40 degree Saturdays.

Given my course has less hills than a bowling green, I can probably wait it out a bit longer.

Danieljc
3rd January 2018, 04:33 PM
Just a quick question for the boys that have the MGI Navigator Quad Gyro, what did it cost. Just looking around trying to find the best deal. Over pushing the clicgear.

davepuppies
3rd January 2018, 10:08 PM
Just a quick question for the boys that have the MGI Navigator Quad Gyro, what did it cost. Just looking around trying to find the best deal. Over pushing the clicgear.

$1990(ish) under $2k

Lagerlover
3rd January 2018, 10:12 PM
$1990(ish) under $2k

WOW

Check with Nemo. I don't think he paid anywhere near that. (Although I think he knew the bloke so he was looked after really well)

davepuppies
3rd January 2018, 10:38 PM
WOW

Check with Nemo. I don't think he paid anywhere near that. (Although I think he knew the bloke so he was looked after really well)

Yeah he must have got a mate rate price. Most are listed over $2149 (on sale) at GolfBox, drummond etc.

3Puttpete
3rd January 2018, 11:29 PM
$1990(ish) under $2k

Pretty much spot on from Drummond. Could have saved $100 ish from golfbox but thought it was worth it to be able to take it in for any warranty issues.

Captain Nemo
4th January 2018, 06:29 AM
WOWCheck with Nemo. I don't think he paid anywhere near that. (Although I think he knew the bloke so he was looked after really well) I didn’t buy a quad , got the Zip. Way under $2k.

okitoki
4th January 2018, 11:42 AM
Anyone knows who stocks motocaddy accessories? Golfbox GCO and Drummond doesn't seem to have them.. Looking for a score card holder at the moment

3Puttpete
4th January 2018, 11:48 AM
Anyone knows who stocks motocaddy accessories? Golfbox GCO and Drummond doesn't seem to have them.. Looking for a score card holder at the momentGiven up on wearing shorts?

okitoki
4th January 2018, 12:09 PM
Given up on wearing shorts?

lol... the skirts have no pockets :D

nah... I have a tentancy of loosing my cards when placed in my back pockets for unknown reason.... thought I might try to get myself organised a little better instead of keep rummaging through my bag for the cards and pencil.

Danieljc
4th January 2018, 07:38 PM
Captain, how have you found the zip. Trying to decide if the giro is the way or the newer zip.

Slug
4th January 2018, 09:12 PM
Zip is great, easy to control, rolls well, stays straight

Captain Nemo
4th January 2018, 10:19 PM
Captain, how have you found the zip. Trying to decide if the giro is the way or the newer zip.
Great!
I really didn't see the point of the extra wheel...

Danieljc
5th January 2018, 02:28 AM
Great!
I really didn't see the point of the extra wheel...

Excellent, I'll have to see what price my club can do and go from there. I have money in the pro shop that I want to spend.

Captain Nemo
5th January 2018, 06:23 AM
Oh and my track is very undulating, handles it fine.

Danieljc
5th January 2018, 08:38 AM
Oh and my track is very undulating, handles it fine.

I'm at Stonecutters so not the most challenging course, would only be from the 11th to 14th that is undulating.

Captain Nemo
5th January 2018, 09:24 AM
I'm at Stonecutters so not the most challenging course, would only be from the 11th to 14th that is undulating. Easy then.

Jazz18
6th January 2018, 12:23 AM
I'm at Stonecutters so not the most challenging course, would only be from the 11th to 14th that is undulating.I'm at Stonecutters too DJC. I've got a Quad Giro and it's a breeze. Been faultless since I bought it. Coming up to 2 years. Got mine at Drummond Northmead for $1850 but that was before a price rise that came just after I bought mine. Davepuppies price of just under $2K is about right for the quad giro these days.

Danieljc
6th January 2018, 02:39 AM
I'm at Stonecutters too DJC. I've got a Quad Giro and it's a breeze. Been faultless since I bought it. Coming up to 2 years. Got mine at Drummond Northmead for $1850 but that was before a price rise that came just after I bought mine. Davepuppies price of just under $2K is about right for the quad giro these days.

I just need to hope the proshop will get them in so I can knock the price down a bit with my account money.

Jazz18
6th January 2018, 09:38 AM
I just need to hope the proshop will get them in so I can knock the price down a bit with my account money.

Yep, the upfront credit from the membership and any winnings you've got will be a handy offset on the cost. Good luck.

Goldy
6th January 2018, 03:12 PM
I've got a Quad Giro...bought off a mate who didn't want it...he's in his 30s and I reckon his mates were giving him shit about using it...and it is seriously the best thing I've bought for golf.

Had a powerkaddy previously, but the remote is bloody awesome.

Danieljc
15th January 2018, 09:47 PM
Ended up grabbing the MGI Zip Navigator from Powergolf whilst it was on special. Which means I'll spend on my pro shop money on other goodies.

Daves
29th April 2019, 09:09 AM
MGI Zip Navigator vs MGI Navigator Quad Gyro?

daMANiack
29th April 2019, 09:40 AM
Hi,

I didn't have the Gyro, but I had the previous model that I loved, the MGI Navigator G800.

Unfortunately the motor controller and top box electronics got fried due to an electrical short.

I purchased the MGI Zip Navigator 25th Anniversary Edition and this is superior in every way over the G800.

If stationary and you press the either turn button, it pivots on a dime, one wheel moves forward, the other moves in reverse
When Zip Nav 25th is moving forward, if you press either turn arrow, the buggy slows slightly so you get a much better controlled turn, the G800 tended to continue with same speed and not as controllable
The Zip Nav 25th has a thicker rear axle so less chance of axle breakage
The Zip Nav 25thcomes with extra accessories over the other Zip models
The Zip models with remote have a much better range where it will still turn or be controlled, whereas the G800 failed to turn at a distance

Hope this helps some.

benno_r
29th April 2019, 10:58 AM
MGI Zip Navigator vs MGI Navigator Quad Gyro?Cool kids have the Zip Navigator.

I'll bring mine to Reddy so you can have a look.

Daves
29th April 2019, 11:01 AM
Cool kids have the Zip Navigator.

I'll bring mine to Reddy so you can have a look.

Looking forward to the catch up. Reddy Bay is looking the best it has been for quite a few years.

Captain Nemo
29th April 2019, 11:41 AM
Zip is where it’s at Dave....��

Jono
29th April 2019, 01:05 PM
Cool kids have the Zip Navigator. Real cool kids play half set and carry ... 😉

Ferrins
29th April 2019, 01:30 PM
Real cool kids play half set and carry ... 😉

And cry look at how low my handicap is.

Ferrins
29th April 2019, 01:33 PM

Dave, save up and get a Zip.

Captain Nemo
29th April 2019, 01:37 PM
Real cool kids play half set and carry ... 😉
Wrong thread mate!

Ferrins
29th April 2019, 01:39 PM
Wrong thread mate!

Every thread is about how cool FIGJAM is.

Captain Nemo
29th April 2019, 01:45 PM
I love figjam, missus just made some yesterday...

Ferrins
29th April 2019, 01:59 PM
Nimbin girl?

Captain Nemo
29th April 2019, 03:45 PM
I wish...
But I did find a massive bud in a champion ruby bag the other day!

Daves
29th April 2019, 05:35 PM
Dave, save up and get a Zip.

Thanks. Any must get accessories? or are they pretty well set up as standard?

Captain Nemo
29th April 2019, 05:49 PM
Seat, sand bottle.

Daves
14th May 2019, 03:16 PM
I bought a Zip Navigator and have used it for my last couple of rounds. Generally goes OK, but seems to keep wanting to snail right all the time? Afraid I will wear the remote left button out pretty quickly! I thought the Gyro system was supposed to keep it on track?

okitoki
14th May 2019, 03:31 PM
I bought a Zip Navigator and have used it for my last couple of rounds. Generally goes OK, but seems to keep wanting to snail right all the time? Afraid I will wear the remote left button out pretty quickly! I thought the Gyro system was supposed to keep it on track?

Have you try to adjust it?
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0098/6110/3716/files/Zip-Nav-Motor-Trimming.pdf?17405837945300545922

a (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0098/6110/3716/files/Zip-Nav-Motor-Trimming.pdf?17405837945300545922)lso noticed it on my Motocaddy S7 when I load more stuff on one side of the bag (water bottle)

3Puttpete
14th May 2019, 03:32 PM

Put the wheel on properly

Captain Nemo
14th May 2019, 03:35 PM
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0098/6110/3716/files/Zip-Nav-Motor-Trimming.pdf?17405837945300545922

a (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0098/6110/3716/files/Zip-Nav-Motor-Trimming.pdf?17405837945300545922)lso noticed it on my Motocaddy S7 when I load more stuff on one side of the bag (water bottle)
Exactly that...

daMANiack
14th May 2019, 03:45 PM
Hi,

We all know it should track in predominently in a straight line.

I remember in my previous MGI G800 Navigator that you could turn OFF the GYRO by pressing the top right LOCK button, when ever you pressed one of the 4 arrow buttons, the top right LOCK button would illuminate RED and not track in a straight line.

Contact MGI, they have a live chat to see if the motors need synchronising like someone mentioned.

Daves
14th May 2019, 05:08 PM
Put the wheel on properly

Already double and triple checked that.

Exactly that...

Many thanks, that seems to have fixed it. It would have been helpful if that instruction sheet had been included with the buggy, or even been linked on the website. But then mine was missing the Battery and Charge cable when it arrived, so I guess it is a lottery......

okitoki
14th May 2019, 05:18 PM
lol... pretty sure most of us wont bother to read it if its in the manual :D

Daves
14th May 2019, 05:21 PM
lol... pretty sure most of us wont bother to read it if its in the manual :D

not initially anyway!

Daves
6th July 2019, 10:04 AM
So a couple of months on with the Zip Navigator and I am still on the fence about it. I have not seen or used one of the cheaper models, but do wonder whether the Navigator is worth twice as much as an X1 or the slightly dearer X3?.

I get the extra battery power but don't really see the benefit of it. I would still recharge after every round as MGI recommend, and I am sure the smaller battery would easily last a round as well. The only upside is the batteries are almost the same price to replace (at least at present).

You learn a couple of things quickly with the MGIs; 1) make sure the dolly wheel is unfolded! 2) don't trust the remote 3) they don't like wet grass/surfaces

I find the wheel base is too short (and probably a touch narrow), the Zip will tip over way too easy at times. Its lack of any suspension also means it does not handle uneven ground that well. Playing recently with an owner of the previous model Quad Pro, he had much the same view. I only found out after I bought the Navigator that there is an AT (All Terrain) version, so MGI seems to acknowledge the issue as well.

With all the recent rain, I have been playing lots of wet courses. The Zip Wheels seem to lack traction in the wet and spin a lot. Not so much of an issue until you try and turn it or drive it up an incline. The Brake Steering seems to struggle with the slip and I had to hit the emergency stop the other day when it tried to go in the opposite direction (into a dam!) to the direction I was pushing on the remote.

MGIs support so far has been good. I bought some accessories via them (Protege Sports) and I also had the belt clip on the Remote break and they are sending me a replacement. Both transactions were easy and helpful.

benno_r
6th July 2019, 05:56 PM
So a couple of months on with the Zip Navigator and I am still on the fence about it. I have not seen or used one of the cheaper models, but do wonder whether the Navigator is worth twice as much as an X1 or the slightly dearer X3?.

I get the extra battery power but don't really see the benefit of it. I would still recharge after every round as MGI recommend, and I am sure the smaller battery would easily last a round as well. The only upside is the batteries are almost the same price to replace (at least at present).

You learn a couple of things quickly with the MGIs; 1) make sure the dolly wheel is unfolded! 2) don't trust the remote 3) they don't like wet grass/surfaces

I find the wheel base is too short (and probably a touch narrow), the Zip will tip over way too easy at times. Its lack of any suspension also means it does not handle uneven ground that well. Playing recently with an owner of the previous model Quad Pro, he had much the same view. I only found out after I bought the Navigator that there is an AT (All Terrain) version, so MGI seems to acknowledge the issue as well.

With all the recent rain, I have been playing lots of wet courses. The Zip Wheels seem to lack traction in the wet and spin a lot. Not so much of an issue until you try and turn it or drive it up an incline. The Brake Steering seems to struggle with the slip and I had to hit the emergency stop the other day when it tried to go in the opposite direction (into a dam!) to the direction I was pushing on the remote.

MGIs support so far has been good. I bought some accessories via them (Protege Sports) and I also had the belt clip on the Remote break and they are sending me a replacement. Both transactions were easy and helpful.I'd agree with most of what you say there Dave. I also learnt the hard way about getting the 4th wheel out. I find the best way to use the Zip Navigator is:
1. Hold onto the handle when going up or across steep banks, especially when wet.
2. Hold on to the handle when near water, or crossing bridges.

At Maryborough, that means I use it in "non remote" mode around the 8th/9th and 16th holes.

The other issue i have is the top bag mount always falls into its lowest position - which means the bag is leaning on the soft part (and the wedge shafts) on certain bags, making it hard to pull wedges out. Ferrins has a newer version, and his has a locking mechanism that holds the top mount higher. As an interim, i use a rubber wedge to keep it up.

Even with these issues I am happy with the purchase.

On another note, we had 3 navigators in our group at RQ. Super flash!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190706/89ddb563f43c7ff02bee1857b58e4527.jpg

Daves
9th July 2019, 08:08 AM
I'd agree with most of what you say there Dave. I also learnt the hard way about getting the 4th wheel out. I find the best way to use the Zip Navigator is:
1. Hold onto the handle when going up or across steep banks, especially when wet.
2. Hold on to the handle when near water, or crossing bridges.

At Maryborough, that means I use it in "non remote" mode around the 8th/9th and 16th holes.

The other issue i have is the top bag mount always falls into its lowest position - which means the bag is leaning on the soft part (and the wedge shafts) on certain bags, making it hard to pull wedges out. Ferrins has a newer version, and his has a locking mechanism that holds the top mount higher. As an interim, i use a rubber wedge to keep it up.

Even with these issues I am happy with the purchase.

On another note, we had 3 navigators in our group at RQ. Super flash!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190706/89ddb563f43c7ff02bee1857b58e4527.jpg

Thanks Benno, yes they do look good and it always draw comments when I play. Most will want to tell you about the time so and so put their motorised buggy in that dam, creek etc...!

I am still happy to bought it. It does basically what I wanted it to do and that is reduce fatigue at the end of a my rounds, and enable me to play hilly courses without resorting to an electric cart.

I have mine set up for the way I play now;

Mine does have the new type lockable bag mount, though I had not really noticed it to you mentioned it. I do find the storage is limited. I would probably do away with the seat if it wasn't also the only storage area. I miss the ClicGear net set up (though not much else).

I find regular cleaning/maintenance is required, especially with soggy conditions. And the axle spindles seem to attract a lot of sand and dirt and need to be regularly clean/cleared and greased. No real risk of grinding between wheel and hub, but probably won't do the seals any good long term.

And is doesn't quite fit in my boot, without having to remove a wheel (which is simple enough to do).

Ferrins
12th July 2019, 01:17 PM
Two things Dave
1/ You carry far too much crap in your bag
2/ Redland Bay GC is billy goat country 😀

BUSHY
31st May 2020, 07:18 PM
Any further info to be gleaned since last year?

I’ve narrowed it down to MGI ZIP Navigator or X5 (ie remote or non remote)

Likely to get the remote version because why bother spending that if you have to hold the handle?[emoji23]

AndyP
31st May 2020, 07:35 PM
<14 carry or motorised buggy? Conflicting.

Johnny Canuck
31st May 2020, 10:21 PM
Any further info to be gleaned since last year?

I’ve narrowed it down to MGI ZIP Navigator or X5 (ie remote or non remote)

Likely to get the remote version because why bother spending that if you have to hold the handle?[emoji23]

My only advice is the remote is essential.

BUSHY
1st June 2020, 08:06 AM
<14 carry or motorised buggy? Conflicting.

Yes, VERY.

I still love carrying a short set (did yesterday in my Mac) but my Clicgear is due for replacement soon and I borrowed Solarmans MGI on Saturday sans remote. Was actually a really enjoyable experience, setting it to speed and just walking.

The main thing I was thinking was how it goes in the rain - ie is the umbrella holder going to be high enough?

BUSHY
1st June 2020, 08:11 AM
My only advice is the remote is essential.

That is where I am leaning... seems that my decision has been made.

benno_r
1st June 2020, 08:18 AM
Yes, VERY.

I still love carrying a short set (did yesterday in my Mac) but my Clicgear is due for replacement soon and I borrowed Solarmans MGI on Saturday sans remote. Was actually a really enjoyable experience, setting it to speed and just walking.

The main thing I was thinking was how it goes in the rain - ie is the umbrella holder going to be high enough?I had to add an umbrella extension to mine to fit under the umbrella.

BUSHY
1st June 2020, 08:19 AM
I had to add an umbrella extension to mine to fit under the umbrella.

An MGI extension?

Daves
1st June 2020, 08:27 AM
Yes, VERY.

The main thing I was thinking was how it goes in the rain - ie is the umbrella holder going to be high enough?

You can buy an Extension for the Umbrella Holder;

https://mgigolf.com/products/zip-umbrella-holder-extender

Shop around, you can get them cheaper than RRP.

They go OK in rain itself, but don't like wet grass at all. Even lush grass will catch them out The Wheel treads loose grip very easily and the motor is over powered and will spin the wheels furiously. That can be a PITA, but the real problem is they can suddenly find grip and literally throw the buggy over. There is a Navigator Zip AT model that is supposed to be all Terrain, but they told me the wheels are the same as on the standard Navigator?? The AT model does have a better (wider) front wheel set up, unfortunately not a retro fit though.

I have just completed my first year and 1000+ kms with my Zip Navigator and will do a write up when I get a chance.

benno_r
1st June 2020, 09:20 AM
An MGI extension?Nah, just something i found in a random pro shop somewhere.

BUSHY
1st June 2020, 09:44 AM
You can buy an Extension for the Umbrella Holder;

https://mgigolf.com/products/zip-umbrella-holder-extender

Shop around, you can get them cheaper than RRP.

They go OK in rain itself, but don't like wet grass at all. Even lush grass will catch them out The Wheel treads loose grip very easily and the motor is over powered and will spin the wheels furiously. That can be a PITA, but the real problem is they can suddenly find grip and literally throw the buggy over. There is a Navigator Zip AT model that is supposed to be all Terrain, but they told me the wheels are the same as on the standard Navigator?? The AT model does have a better (wider) front wheel set up, unfortunately not a retro fit though.

I have just completed my first year and 1000+ kms with my Zip Navigator and will do a write up when I get a chance.

Thanks Dave, that’s the sort of info I’m looking for. I was looking at the AT for that reason.

Johnny Canuck
1st June 2020, 11:02 AM
Nah, just something i found in a random pro shop somewhere.

Same with my Navigator. Generic extension works a treat.

BUSHY
1st June 2020, 11:09 AM
Same with my Navigator. Generic extension works a treat.

Sweet... Navigator AT is on it’s way!!

Johnny Canuck
1st June 2020, 11:14 AM
Nice. It’s quite nice only holding a remote.

Quick tip, less is better.

Don’t feel the need to correct it to the perfect degree when steering. Let the thing roll 50m then make the 2 degree correction to get it back online. You see a lot of new users going turn, turn, turn, turn, just to get it perfectly straight.

Funz
22nd June 2020, 09:04 PM
Question for electric buggy owners.

My old man found an old MGI buggy in what appears in good condition, and has given to me as I have talked about getting a electric buggy to help get my big arse around the course easier.

It does not have a battery, and I don’t want to spend too much on a battery as you spend too much and I could just buy a whole new buggy. What size battery do I need for 18 holes? just looking at a cheap non lithium for now.

Also do people still use the old school ones with just the basic speed control, no distance control or remote? Seems like it could do the trick once a fortnight.

It was free so not complaining, just don’t want to invest too much in it if it only lasts a few rounds and dies.

Dotty
23rd June 2020, 08:05 AM
Question for electric buggy owners.

Can ex-electric buggy owners answer?

In 2013, I had a early noughties MGI for a year, some model name like a SL150. When the battery died, the $280 quote directed me to look at Clicgear, and ended up with a Bag Boy.

It was very bulky in the car and heavy to lift in and out. Although the battery lasted 27 holes at Coffs, it was asthmatic goin uphills and took as much energy to steer as pushing a 3-wheeler. (I donated it to the club pro for parts or a loan buggy, and the punters with newer models being serviced were not impressed.)

In 2020, it was probably left on the side of the road (after the replacement battery died), waiting for the next innocent victim. :)

Daves
19th February 2022, 10:13 AM
Anyone using an Alphard Buggy set up? Thinking about swapping to one. I have played with a few that have them and they seem happy. And from what I have seen so far, they overcome some of the MGI shortcomings, at about half the price. Plus the Tether option looks cool!

markTHEblake
19th February 2022, 11:49 AM
I will likely consider the Alphard or the Concourse when my MGI karks it, both have a few years product maturity under their belt now.

BUSHY
19th February 2022, 03:39 PM
Nice. It’s quite nice only holding a remote.

Bloke I played with today LOVED me reaching into the bag for a beer and just walking sucking back a tinny while the buggy disappeared off up the fairway.

I think he was sold after that!!

WBennett
2nd August 2022, 10:45 AM
Its been a few years since this was last raised, and some health issues have started to push me towards going motorised. Has anything changed in the motorised buggy world?

Looking at the Zip Navigator. Is the All Terrain significantly better?

And do they make a waterproof version? I've seen too many go swimming....

andylo
2nd August 2022, 10:59 AM
I would recommend and I am using a Powakady CT6, with EBS.

2 reasons I pick it:
1) It has a bigger/higher voltage motor - I am a firm believer that bigger the motor the longer it will last
2) It has longer warranty than MGI

I already have a warranty claim and it was being deal with swift enough for Australian standard, turn over about 3 weeks.

PeteyD
2nd August 2022, 11:01 AM
Have a look at Alphard.

benno_r
2nd August 2022, 12:50 PM
Its been a few years since this was last raised, and some health issues have started to push me towards going motorised. Has anything changed in the motorised buggy world?

Looking at the Zip Navigator. Is the All Terrain significantly better?

And do they make a waterproof version? I've seen too many go swimming....

I prefer the top level motocaddy to the top MGI - both work similar, but the battery on the motocaddy is in front of the rear wheels - it's much more stable.

WBennett
2nd August 2022, 01:22 PM
Will have to see whats available through the pro shop - I have credit to burn there which is making this more reasonable.

markTHEblake
2nd August 2022, 01:40 PM
Check out Kingcaddy.com.au
Aussie company/brand.

FoxGolf
2nd August 2022, 05:14 PM
Have a look at Alphard.

I second this. If you currently have a buggy you like that they make brackets.

I have one for my Clicgear 3.5 and love it.

They're also working on a wireless 'follow me' system.

Timbo
2nd August 2022, 10:44 PM
Are you using it with the original single front wheel or did you get the dual front wheel accessory?
Either way, how does it handle on hills and rough ground?

FoxGolf
4th August 2022, 11:16 AM
Are you using it with the original single front wheel or did you get the dual front wheel accessory?
Either way, how does it handle on hills and rough ground?

I bought the front wheel swivel conversion kit so don't have experience with it having a fixed front wheel, but think it would be much better with the swivel wheels than without.

No issues with hills or over rough ground.

I haven't had anything different to compare it to but already had the Clicgear and accessories so made sense to me to go down this path.

goughy
5th August 2022, 06:24 PM
These are the ones that have been poping up in my feed lately! I don't know why? Maybe FB knows my knees are stuffed....
https://www.concoursegolf.com/products/smart-wheels