PDA

View Full Version : Time at the range

JoeS
26th November 2017, 10:33 PM
Went to the driving range today,after the way I have been hitting it of late their was a couple of things I wanted to work on.My biggest problem has been hitting the ball a little thin.My direction has been ok,my scores reflect that even though I haven't been hitting it clean.

So today I wanted to work on keeping my head down and my eyes on the impact point for the ball.I also wanted to have the feeling that I was watching tjat spot after strike,then looking for the ball in flight.

The other thing I wanted to work on was hitting down on my irons.Because I feel like I am hitting it thin,I got the feeling that I was hitting slightly up,possibly as a result of my head coming up early.

Well what a great session.I was bombing my 8 iron about 145m at a guess on a good strike,my 4 fli hi looked like it was getting out to 190m.I was hitting off mats and they can be very forgiving.I felt really comfortable with my swing which is something that hasn't been their over the last month.

So then I pulled the driver out and tried to work on the same feeling of keeping my head down,but this time hitting up on the ball.I felt like I had better control,my strike was pretty good,and not really sure,but felt like I found another 10 metres on my drive.

All in all a pretty good day on the range and I really felt like I got something out of it.

Grumpy8
27th November 2017, 07:17 AM
You need to test this form out on the course now

Bomber55
27th November 2017, 09:44 AM
Lifting head = shot anxiety, I need to see a psychiatrist.

Good work at the range, hope it works on the course for you.

JoeS
27th November 2017, 09:05 PM
You need to test this form out on the course nowYeah,I was thinking Thursday.Just finished a 14 hour day,I could use a half day off

JoeS
27th November 2017, 09:07 PM
Lifting head = shot anxiety, I need to see a psychiatrist.

Good work at the range, hope it works on the course for you.Yep,Became lazy expecting the new clubs to do all the work.

Grumpy8
27th November 2017, 09:15 PM
Yeah,I was thinking Thursday.Just finished a 14 hour day,I could use a half day off I am down for thirsty Thursday 11.09 if you want to come along

Grumpy8
27th November 2017, 09:21 PM
Went for a quick check up with griffo today at Beaconhills . Been pulling irons left and snap hooking driver and of course I didn't do either today . The session was still worthwhile tho , see if I can put it into practice tomorrow