PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a Croweater.

Bomber55
23rd November 2017, 10:06 PM
G'day everyone, I live on the York Peninsula, a member of two clubs. Moonta G.C. which is a winter course only with sand scrapes and the Copper Club on a Greg Norman designed course.
My name represents the AFL club I support and my birth year, yes, "Old Fart"
Still have my Tommy Armour 845s clubs that I bought nearly 30 years ago plus a couple new additions being Mizzuno MP600 driver, JPX825 3 wood and Adams Hybrid. I am in the market for new clubs as I have just started playing regularly again. I haven't done this since 1993. Have been playing sand scrapes for the last 17 years but not every year and only averaged 10-15 rounds a year if that. Currently off 16 but got down to 7 at Victor Harbor G C in about 1990.
If I can stay healthy and don't go fishing too much I am keen on working on my game and having fun.
That's enough for now and hope to contribute to this forum and share some good golfing stuff.
Cheers, Bomber55

Dotty
24th November 2017, 05:51 AM
Mortimer, we're back.

Welcome aboard.

ps. One more old fart and we can have an OzGolf Seniors Champs.

Steve57
24th November 2017, 07:11 AM
Welcome Bomber.
I too am an old fart as reflected in my name, but my team are the Mighty Tigers!
Enjoy the journey as you reacquaint yourself with this great game.

Lagerlover
24th November 2017, 08:02 AM
How good is Victor, and everyone born there!!!

spanner039
24th November 2017, 08:04 AM
Welcome mate, a fine part of the world

oldracer
24th November 2017, 10:55 AM
Welcome Bomber, commiserations on your choice of team 😜 great to have someone on board slightly older than me, enjoy the forum, great bunch of lunatics. You will get plenty of offers of new equipment

wazamac
24th November 2017, 11:40 AM
G'day Bomber.

Sad that I didn't get over to Copperclub this year for the Open Day.

Dcanto
24th November 2017, 03:25 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Courty
24th November 2017, 05:47 PM
G'day Bomber. Check out the thread for the VIC Champs event in March next year. Great weekend if you can make it.

Bomber55
24th November 2017, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome fellow lunatics.
@Steve75, sorry you didn't get to go on your usual holidays in September.
@Oldracer, offers of new equipment? 1.5" longer and 2degrees upright please.
@Courty, Vic Champs event sounds good.

3Puttpete
24th November 2017, 10:00 PM
Peppas...

Hatchman
27th November 2017, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the nut house Bomber.
Keep an eye on the 19th hole thread for S.A games. We try to get one in every month where possible.
Xmas cup at Kenton Valley is a fun one where a couple of us play clubs that make your 845's look like the latest model out.
Not sure if you saw it but our OzGolf S.A Champs is always in November so keep an eye out fro that one.
How do you feel about Kitchener Buns and Schnits?
Daggs on here plays at Moonta.

Bomber55
27th November 2017, 08:11 PM
Could have guessed Daggs was on here, Hi Daggs.
Kitcheners were my favourite before I was diagnosed with type2, must have had too many eh?
The Tav at Port Hughes has the biggest and best Schnitties, waitresses nearly trip on them.
Would love to join in at K.V. but need a cart so no go. SA champs are a real chance though.
Thanks again for the welcome.

Lagerlover
27th November 2017, 08:21 PM
Mate had a holiday shack at Wallaroo .

Biggest three corner jacks in the world!!!

thecollective
27th November 2017, 08:45 PM
welcome Bomber, thanks for joining

On regular occasion I head on down to my in-laws place in Edithburgh and have a hit and giggle around the rock belt in the local town, everyone talks up the ocean holes but IMO they are the worst of the 9.

Haven't been to CC for many years, hope the track is holding up well; would be really nice to see the back 9 put in but not sure its ever gonna happen

I play @ Tanunda so if you're ever in the area and fancy a hit at a decent green fee rate let me know

Cheers,

TC

Bomber55
27th November 2017, 10:21 PM
@ thecollective, thanks for the welcome mate. There is some talk about extending in a better direction than the land they have at the moment but investor with the dosh required.

I would love to take up your offer. I have heard so many good things about Tanunda but have not ticked it off my bucket list.

Hatchman
28th November 2017, 12:28 PM
welcome Bomber, thanks for joining

On regular occasion I head on down to my in-laws place in Edithburgh and have a hit and giggle around the rock belt in the local town, everyone talks up the ocean holes but IMO they are the worst of the 9.

Haven't been to CC for many years, hope the track is holding up well; would be really nice to see the back 9 put in but not sure its ever gonna happen

I play @ Tanunda so if you're ever in the area and fancy a hit at a decent green fee rate let me know

Cheers,

TC

The Par 3 from the point of the cliff over the edge of the beach is ok and scares the crap out of a few.
Can't remember how many par 4 there was but agreed, they are just straight run of the mill holes.
Only had 2 games there, warm up in club comp on the Saturday and then took their Open out on the Sunday.
That was the year I did a few trips with Rob from Caddy Shack helping with his mobile shop.

Golfnapier
28th November 2017, 06:31 PM
Welcome mate! Good spot Moonta GC