Trying some new fundamentals...

Back View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1DEIZjPRIM

Side View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FspVtQPkV38

Ducky
8th July 2006, 09:51 PM
:-\"

goughy
8th July 2006, 09:56 PM
I had a look at your swing earlier today ducky. But do you really want the guy who misses them both left and right equally to critique your swing. Maybe I need mine up here for you to look at.

Reviewing equip and identifying faults is not my forte.

I think the easiest way to fix those faults of yours would be to try lawn bowls ;)

Ducky
8th July 2006, 10:10 PM

Jarro
9th July 2006, 04:51 AM
what the hell is with the jeans Duckman !!!!!!!

you can't play golf in jeans you bogan :p

swing looks pretty good by the way ;)

Courty
9th July 2006, 03:45 PM
Swing looks pretty good, but it would be better if you drew an arrow on your ball... ;)

Ducky
9th July 2006, 06:20 PM

Iain
9th July 2006, 06:44 PM
Did they start right and hook or did they start left and go further left??

Ducky
9th July 2006, 07:45 PM

Iain
9th July 2006, 07:52 PM
You're swinging to far to the right.... You are coming from the inside and instead of returning inside on the follow through, you are continuing to swing out, or "right".

jaster
10th July 2006, 09:31 AM
Hey Ducky...I had a look at your videos. Well done for taking the time to post as it means you are trying to improve which is always good. A few tips for video taking of your swing are.

1. Always get a side view as well as a down the line.
2. Try and get the golfer totally in the shot without worrying about where the ball ends up. Basically you need as close up/tight as possible
3. Only a 5/6/7 iron are required, anything else is not necassary except maybe a driver as some people change their swing with it compared to the other clubs.

I was wondering if you would you like some feedback posted here or PMed or none at all? I am no expert but have helped goughy (or hurt maybe ;)) and others in the past.

Toolish
10th July 2006, 11:49 AM
I second what Jaster has said regarding how to take video.

Seems there may be a bit of a tendancy to come over the top, and probably a bit of a flip.

Bit hard to tell with camera angles and video quality etc.

jaster
11th July 2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks Toolish :) Haven't heard from Ducky so I think he is scared of me ;)

Ducky
11th July 2006, 10:23 AM

jaster
11th July 2006, 10:30 AM
Nice mate, good luck with the lesson and make sure not to get more than 3 changes (if that) straight up and remember that it takes 2 weeks or more of quality practice for any changes to feel natural.

Toolish
11th July 2006, 11:21 AM
2 weeks to feel natural...bullshit...golf swing never feels natural :D :D

Ducky
11th July 2006, 11:31 AM
Feel free to have a crack at what you think is wrong though, Jaster. It will be interesting to compare it to what the teaching pro says.

jaster
11th July 2006, 04:19 PM
2 weeks to feel natural...bullshit...golf swing never feels natural :D :D

Up @ 5am for 200balls before work 5 days a week working on the changes and a quick 9 holes 2 - 3 days a week + golf on Sat and Sun. 2 weeks is about all it use to take for me :p Then again I am a lefty which is more Natural than a righty....ask Robert Redford!! aahahahh

jaster
11th July 2006, 04:21 PM
Feel free to have a crack at what you think is wrong though, Jaster. It will be interesting to compare it to what the teaching pro says.

No probs Duckman, I'll try and get a chance later to put some thoughts down for you....I would love a side shot though as I think I see something from behind that needs confirming before I can 100% confirm it.

Ducky
11th July 2006, 05:26 PM

Jarro
12th July 2006, 11:45 AM
I think I see something from behind that needs confirming before I can 100% confirm it.

i know what he's saying Duckman, you got an a4se like a rhino :p

jaster
13th July 2006, 09:06 AM
hehe nice one Jarro ;) Sorry Ducky have got a little tired so haven't had a chance yet....get me that side view :p

Ducky
13th July 2006, 02:31 PM

Ducky
9th August 2006, 09:05 PM

jaster
9th August 2006, 11:20 PM
Ducky I tried to view your video and it is far too small and poor quality I am sorry to comment on anything important, I understand what you are saying about your spine angle but if you have a look at any of the young guns on the LPGA tour they dip far more than what is expected and seem to do ok. Natalie Gublis has the biggest head dip I have ever seen and does pretty damn well and would beat me pants..I mean hands down :p I truly don't think it is an issue for you that will drop strokes of your score.

Sure someone name "tigger" supposedly has a "dipping" issue as well but I never bought into that debate as I think pulling apart a near perfect golf swing is a joke as people have tried to do with him.....he is now swinging the best I have ever seen and the dip is still there at times...and he is the best in the world. I agree though that a steady head is the basis of most good golf swings.

In the 3 wood video you have posted on the first page I cannot notice any head dip at all....are you sure it is an issue? I did notice a lot more upper body movement on the backswing than should be happening.

But what I am really getting at is this......how much quality practice do you do? I'm talking down the range/fairway beating balls with a purpose? If you do less than 1 hour 3 - 4 days a week then you are going to struggle making "big" changes without stuffing something else up. I know you are seeing a pro and I am sure he has you working on stuff but make sure it is "stuff" that will help your game and not hinder your progress. You obviously are going along ok now so work out what areas you feel need work and work on them specifically. If it's Fairways then work on accuracy, Chipping then chip..and always do 2 hours or more putting a week..trust me :)

If there was one thing I noticed though more than anything else is just how fast your tempo appears.....again the video is too small to tell for sure but going over your other videos that I have I would say again that your transition is too quick. Looking over your 3 wood video confirms this...you are rushing your swing....slow it down going back and enjoy the ride :)

Hope this helps mate and please PM if you want to ask specifics.

Ducky
27th April 2007, 02:34 AM

Jarro
27th April 2007, 05:12 AM
link doesn't work

Jono
27th April 2007, 06:31 AM
Jarro, have you tried right clicking it and saving it onto your hard drive? It works for me.

Ben, that's a great swing you've got mate. I know you've always had a powerful swing, but now it seems even better.

1) Your top of back swing position is much better. The club is pointing right at the target and the club face is about as square as it can get. If I remember correctly, the club used to be across the line a bit (ie. pointing right of the target) at the top.

2) The first move down seems to be much more controlled and on plane than before. You used to be a bit steep coming down but now you've shallowed it out and it looks great.

3) Overall tempo seems to be much better too.

Have you been working on Jim Hardy's One Plane Swing? Or Edwin's right sided swing?

Ducky
27th April 2007, 06:18 PM

Iain
27th April 2007, 09:22 PM
Isn't Pampling a Gary Edwin student??

He hit's it a mile!!

Ducky
27th April 2007, 10:44 PM

Jarro
28th April 2007, 12:07 AM
Lonard was an Edwin student for ages, and he hits it a mile too

Jono
28th April 2007, 08:44 AM
Lonard was an Edwin student for ages, and he hits it a mile too

Yeah, but he's built like a tank! :shock: :lol:

FWIW, I lost some distance when I tried the Edwin swing. (well, just going by the video tapes, not personal lessons)

Moe Norman
28th April 2007, 08:48 AM
Lonard hits it a mile left these days :(

goughy
28th April 2007, 10:22 AM
He's a student of the 'Goughy' techniques these days ;)

Jarro
28th April 2007, 01:31 PM
Lonard hits it a mile left these days :(

That's the stock Edwin "miss" ..... low and left :roll:

Ducky
28th April 2007, 05:34 PM

goughy
28th April 2007, 05:53 PM
I always thought Greg Norman said hit it as far as you can then work on making it straighter.

Jono
28th April 2007, 07:16 PM
I always thought Greg Norman said hit it as far as you can then work on making it straighter.

Wasn't that Jack Nicklaus?

markTHEblake
29th April 2007, 12:08 PM
definitely not Nicklaus - its not his style.

Pretty sure Palmer advocated learning to smash it first.

BrisVegas
29th April 2007, 04:01 PM
Norman definitely said it in one of his books.

Courty
5th May 2007, 07:27 AM
Nice to see the Chuck Taylors still in the kit. ;)

Ducky
5th May 2007, 04:15 PM

Ducky
29th May 2007, 07:39 PM

Ducky
4th June 2007, 04:50 PM

AndyP
4th June 2007, 05:00 PM
Do you really want feedback from golfers with a higher handicap than yourself?

Ducky
4th June 2007, 05:03 PM

addamsmith
5th June 2007, 02:47 PM
Hi Guys
I am back and anyone need so help let me know, I have been working hard on a new swing program called the 7 stage swing, I will be doing a segiment on it soon.
Addam

Ducky
5th June 2007, 05:10 PM

addamsmith
5th June 2007, 06:30 PM
Hi Ducky
Send me your latest swing video to
addampga@bigpond.net.au
I will give it a good once over
Thanks Addam

Jono
5th June 2007, 06:48 PM
Welcome back Addam. PM sent. 8)

Ducky
5th June 2007, 07:03 PM
Oh, get your own thread, Jono! ;)

addamsmith
5th June 2007, 07:30 PM
Ha Ha

addamsmith
6th June 2007, 09:56 AM
Okay Ducky
Your main problem is you have the "Tiger Toe tap" which is great if you want a bad back. "OUCH" and a BIG BLOCK
This is what I mean, At impact your right foot if up on the toe. Now this is a big problem for you and will cause you to block shot's.
You need to keep you wieght back a little bit longer on your right heel. I posted a post in Mark Blakes post regarding clearing the hips. This drill will help you to roll your right foot at impact and not to get onto the toe. At impact your left hip is to high also caused by the right side on the toe at impact.
Call me if you have any questions.
Try the impact drill from parrallal to parrallal I posted.
Addam

Ducky
6th June 2007, 08:02 PM

goughy
7th June 2007, 05:59 AM
Your wardrobe combination leaves a lot to be desired!! But that's all I'm qualified to comment on (and since clikchic buys most of my stuff, I'd just ignore me) :o

Ducky
7th June 2007, 11:26 AM
Goughy, Courty has cemented his position as the person who criticises my wardrobe when I post a new video. Its a driving range where some people wear a combination of singlets, shorts, and thongs.

Courty
7th June 2007, 11:29 AM
Goughy, Courty has cemented his position as the person who criticises my wardrobe when I post a new video.

WTF?! And I resisted throwing in a jibe about the shoes this time! :mrgreen:

Ducky
30th July 2007, 12:02 PM
More videos in the original post.

Courty
30th July 2007, 12:06 PM
Verdict?

Range is in nice nick. :???:

Ducky
31st July 2007, 07:31 PM
=;

Courty
31st July 2007, 07:38 PM
When I said 'Verdict?', I was asking what your thoughts on the Stack & Tilt swing are.

Jono
31st July 2007, 07:56 PM
When I said 'Verdict?', I was asking what your thoughts on the Stack & Tilt swing are.

Yeah, I can see a bit of the S&T there as well.

Ducky, from the address position to the top of backswing position, your head moves TOWARDS the target. This looks a bit strange. Is this what's supposed to happen in Stack and Tilt? In slow mo, Badds' head looked more steady. :-k

BTW, I see that you still haven't worked out how to use the faster shutter speed ... :lol:

Courty
31st July 2007, 09:14 PM
Rather poignant timing (http://thesandtrap.com/extras/playing_tips/a_few_months_later_stack_and_tilt).

Ducky
1st August 2007, 02:45 AM
Well, I don't want to give too long of an analysis until I have trialed it for a bit longer, although, the initial results are promising. I've lost some distance, but ultimately I am looking for consistency (which it has already improved). I am going to start lessons with a M.O.R.A.D trained instructor shortly, so it should be an interesting six months.

... from the address position to the top of backswing position, your head moves TOWARDS the target. This looks a bit strange. Is this what's supposed to happen in Stack and Tilt?
From my understanding, the goal with "stack and tilt" is to keep the head stationary. So, yes, I did "tilt" too much to the left in the backswing. However, if you watch the side-on video you will notice at impact my head is almost in the same position as at address.

BTW, I see that you still haven't worked out how to use the faster shutter speed...
No, you haven't been reading my previous posts! You can't adjust the shutter speed on this camera, it is always set to automatic. I will be selling it shortly and buying another.

addamsmith
1st August 2007, 07:39 AM
Hi Ben
It looks like you went back to the old grip to( good move), stack and tilt uses a stronger than a neutral grip.
Good luck ducky with your new instructor and I hope he can help you. Your swing is looking very much a stack and tilt move now. Once you can stop the head from moving forward I think you will be right on track.
Keep up the good work and practice hard.
I know you have the swing and ability to go places.
Don't get down on yourself when you hit it bad. Because it will come.
Take care
Addam

3oneday
1st August 2007, 08:02 AM
Well, I don't want to give too long of an analysis until I have trialed it for a bit longer, although, the initial results are promising. I've lost some distance, but ultimately I am looking for consistency (which it has already improved). I am going to start lessons with a M.O.R.A.D trained instructor shortly, so it should be an interesting six months.

From my understanding, the goal with "stack and tilt" is to keep the head stationary. So, yes, I did "tilt" too much to the left in the backswing. However, if you watch the side-on video you will notice at impact my head is almost in the same position as at address.

No, you haven't been reading my previous posts! You can't adjust the shutter speed on this camera, it is always set to automatic. I will be selling it shortly and buying another.just in case this becomes a =;

:smt083 :smt110

Jarro
1st August 2007, 03:27 PM
The more i look at it, the more i think the S & T swing looks like an Edwin move :?

You've tried both Ducky, what's your fix on things ?

Ducky
1st August 2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks Addam, much appreciated.

Ducky
1st August 2007, 03:32 PM
Jarro, they are similar in the sense that both methods want the majority of weight to be on the left side and the head to remain stationary. However, I feel that the "stack and tilt" swing wants your arms/hands to follow your body (i.e. remain on the rib cage), where as the "right side swing" (Edwin) wants your body to follow your arms/hands.

Jarro
1st August 2007, 03:37 PM
So after trying both methods, which one suits you best ?

Or rather, which one do you fell gives you the results you're after ??

AndyP
1st August 2007, 04:50 PM
Does it matter? He'll be onto another method next quarter.

Ducky
1st August 2007, 05:30 PM
Jarro,

I prefer the "stack and tilt" pattern better than the "right sided swing" (Edwin), but it is (from what I understand) simply one of many patterns that is contained within M.O.R.A.D. Chances are I will move away from the "stack and tilt" pattern once I start receiving instruction.

Andy,

Maybe if we started talking about tennis racquets and how good Lleyton Hewitt looks in tight shorts you might perk up?

AndyP
1st August 2007, 05:50 PM
Maybe if we started talking about tennis racquets and how good Lleyton Hewitt looks in tight shorts you might perk up?If there was an non-edited version, I hope it was better than that.