PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing July 3rd

Flowergirl
6th July 2006, 08:44 PM
No one wanted to start this week. Just keep tacking onto last week.
Well I played yesterday - Monthly Medal. Another shocker. It seems that I'm playing ok as long as it's not on my home course :shock: Driver was crap, fairway shots carp, shot game crap - oh and I putted - not bad actually - 34 putts which is good for me.

PLayed today at Sorrento Golf Club. Early morning drizzle - but then a magic sunny winters day. 4BB - I was on the card 16 times!!!!! And we had 37 points. The two holes I wasn't on I would have had 2 points and a wipe. So I'm happy with that. How can you play like crap one day and good the next. I know - that's GOLF!!! Really struggled with the putting today. It's not reading the break that kills me - it's getting the speed right. I overshoot by miles and then I'm scared next tiem and only hit it half way!!!!!!!!!
Won NTP - two feet away - missed the birdie though:cry:

Coffs_Hacker
6th July 2006, 09:47 PM
4bbb stroke finished 1under, personally had a 86/74. Such a beautiful day in Coffs today my irons decided to go on holidays, could not hit a green even from 20m, sad.
11/14 fairways
3/18 gir
33 putts

Driver was the highlight for the day, the 3 fairways i missed were only just and I had a few 300m+

Ducky
6th July 2006, 10:15 PM
I put in my first handicap card today on a very cold and gusty day.

My start was not the best, with a 46 on the front nine. Not wanting to raise the bat, I tried to knuckle down and ended up with a 39 on the back nine for a total of 85.

I am hoping for a better performance on Saturday/Sunday.

Moe Norman
7th July 2006, 07:05 AM
Sanctuary Cove - Palms

28 Points
5 Fairways
9 GIR
40 Putts

Made some poor course management decisions and putted poorly again.

BrisVegas
7th July 2006, 07:22 AM
11/14 fairways
3/18 gir
33 putts

Driver was the highlight for the day, the 3 fairways i missed were only just and I had a few 300m+

Struth Craig, driver's going alright then!! :shock:

Moe Norman
7th July 2006, 08:15 AM
we'd be a good ambrose pairing Coffs Hacker.

Coffs_Hacker
7th July 2006, 08:34 AM
lesson on monday - who knows might learn something :)
would be a good ambrose, driver - irons - putter all u need

Moe Norman
7th July 2006, 08:50 AM
i'll bring my irons, you do the driving and putting.

with your fairway and putting stats and my GIR stats we would be quite handy :D

Coffs_Hacker
7th July 2006, 11:14 AM
Brisvegas can be the putter

BrisVegas
7th July 2006, 11:53 AM
Brisvegas can be the putter

nah, let stoney putt. I'm only average.

Moe Norman
7th July 2006, 12:21 PM
nah, let stoney putt look if we get Stoney involved none of us will have much to do mate.

Jarro
7th July 2006, 02:19 PM
78 (Nett 66) around Nudgee today.

Hit the ball OK, still not really getting the driver away like i want to :(

8 fairways
7 G.I.R's
31 putts

Stoney
7th July 2006, 03:01 PM
look if we get Stoney involved none of us will have much to do mate.

Thanks Mate :)

Stoney
7th July 2006, 03:07 PM
70 ( net 68 ) at Nudgee today

First sub par round for quite some time (June 05 infact)

Was not spectatular but very steady, left about 4 out there I would say.

Fairways - 6/14 (Woops)
Greens - 13/18 (Solid)
Putts - 30 (Missed a few)

4 birdies, 3 bogies
Up and down out of a couple of Ball Washers

Grunt
7th July 2006, 03:43 PM
Well had a great game this afternoon. Woke up after nightshift feeling pretty good and thought I could run down to Macarthur Grange and get a game in the Bridgestone Battle. Alas it was not to be as there was hardly anyone there and I could not get a marker, so I had a hit anyway.
Best Game in a long long time;

80 Gross
59 Nett
47 Stableford Points
25 front nine
22 back nine

10 Fairways
10 GIR
35 putts

Was one of those days were everything feels right. It actually could have been even better if on or 2 putts that lipped hads dropped in.

One bad hole where poor club selection cost me big time. On 15 the wind was from behind 138m par 3 I hit 8 iron, only to see it sail over the green and down the hill to the 10th green. I had to hit 7 iron back and still came up short!

All the rest were great, missed 2 eagle putts on the par 5's.

Hopefully more of the same tomorrow.

shazza_rs
7th July 2006, 04:49 PM
78 (Nett 66) around Nudgee today.

Hit the ball OK, still not really getting the driver away like i want to :(

8 fairways
7 G.I.R's
31 putts

you must of chipped your butt off..... ;)

Jarro
7th July 2006, 04:56 PM
you must of chipped your butt off..... ;)

i did :mrgreen:

i can show you some pics if you like :smt047

shazza_rs
7th July 2006, 05:01 PM
nah.... its okay jarro..... some things are much better to be seen in the flesh ;)

BrisWesty
7th July 2006, 05:32 PM
Love your work Grunt!

Had an 81/67 today. but not in a comp, so it doesn't count. ;-)
44 (8 over) on the front 9, 37 (2 over) on the back 9. that's my lowest ever for 9 holes.
7 fairways, 6 GIR, 31 putts

Moe Norman
7th July 2006, 06:14 PM
must suck when a round like that happens out of competition grunt, but goiod playing anyway!

oz
8th July 2006, 03:53 PM
Just too many wasted shots around and on the green today. Played pretty solid from tee to green, and finished with 36 pts (78 gross). Greens were pretty quick, and I just left myself above the hole too many times. Oh well. maybe next week. :)

BrisWesty
8th July 2006, 04:31 PM
Played 4BBB stroke today - we ended up with 60.

Had 82/68 personally, but only had 22 putts (including a 20m bomb on the first hole we played, and 12 putts for the first 11 holes). Read it and weep Moe ;-) . It helped that I was on the fringe chipping on about 9 times for the round, because there were only 3 GIRs for the round.

oz
8th July 2006, 04:41 PM
Dude! 22 putts..... :o I had 32 today!!!! That is some seriously good rolling of the rock!

Grunt
8th July 2006, 04:41 PM
Played Mac Grange this morning and the day started off real crap. I slept in and woke up 2 minutes before my tee time. I rang up and got a later spot. (should have stayed in bed).
Shot 28 points, what a difference a day makes
3 birdies, missed an eagle putt.
2 pars
5 wipes :(

Courty
8th July 2006, 05:20 PM
Garbage again today. Once again I waas struggling all through the round trying to find my swing. The start was ominous as I pull-hooked the opening tee-shot into the trees. :roll:
I made a nice birdie on the 7th when I flushed my 9 iron approach to 18 inches. The only other hole worth mentioning was 16 (par 4), where I put my drive into the lake, and still made par.
Effective tee-shots: 3 :oops:
Greens: 5 :evil:
Putts: 34 :roll:

PeteyD
8th July 2006, 06:50 PM
I had 32 points today. Not that crash but I can take a lot of positives from the day. Putting just wouldn't drop, I had 40 putts but left 5 within a roll of going in. Twice I took 3 shots to get out of bunkers (crappolla). Pleasing for me was 2 pars and 8 bogies and only 2 wipes. The lessons are certainly paying off. Now to practice putting and bunkers more.

7/14 fairways, 2 gir.

jimandr
8th July 2006, 11:36 PM
I qualified for my club matchplay last week, so today was a Matchplay round. Very strange mental buildup, as I wanted to play with the Ozgolfers next Saturday. Should I try to lose?

All questions answered when I saw the draw. I qualify third of 16, but draw the Low Handicap of the Club, a 15 year old future star off scratch. If he plays well I cannot win this game.

It turned out that he played well, so did I, and I made him work hard all the way. I eventually lost 2 and 1, and I was three under my handicap after 17.

I played the last three holes with a gallery that grew to 15 people. We were the last set of matches, our partners finished at 15, the four in front finished at 16 and stayed to watch, and a few others wandered over to see the future star finish.

I was three down with three to play (lost 15 to a birdie), then won 16 with a regulation par with the gallery watching, and hit a great drive, a good iron, and my 20 foot putt lipped out at 17. I got applause from the gallery!!!!

I've never enjoyed losing a game so much in my life.

Moe Norman
9th July 2006, 11:49 AM
Read it and weep Moe :wink: . It helped that I was on the fringe chipping on about 9 times for the round, because there were only 3 GIRs for the round. I reckon my putting stats would improve a fair bit if I only hit 3 GIR ;)

BrisWesty
9th July 2006, 09:04 PM
Moe, you make a good point. Now if we could have your GIRs and my putts (but only from last Saturday), look out. After all no-one could tell us apart (could they)?