PDA

View Full Version : Orange Whip

wazamac
11th November 2017, 06:52 PM
Bought one of these this arvo and giving it a trial run it feels great.

Tempo and getting through the ball is where most of my failings have been happening.
Went straight onto an iron after swing a few times and already feel better contact.

Has anyone else had experience with this or a similar product?

TheTrueReview
11th November 2017, 09:37 PM
Yep, I have one. Agree completely. It's that good my father "borrowed" it 12 months ago and I haven't seen it since.

wazamac
12th November 2017, 11:42 AM
Well, first round after using it and I say, I am impressed.

First time in about 4 months I have had confidence over the ball to swing properly. Zero chicken wings.

Toxic
12th November 2017, 06:41 PM
Bought one of these this arvo and giving it a trial run it feels great.Tempo and getting through the ball is where most of my failings have been happening.Went straight onto an iron after swing a few times and already feel better contact.Has anyone else had experience with this or a similar product? Where did you buy it from?How much are they?

wazamac
12th November 2017, 07:14 PM
Got it from House of Golf. $159.
There may be a cheaper version called SKLZ Gold Flex Trainer

pt73
13th November 2017, 03:54 PM
Fantastic product, I use it in my warmup / stretch before every round or range session.

Hux
13th November 2017, 08:08 PM
Check out the orange whip wedge....faaark is that hard to use.

wazamac
13th November 2017, 09:20 PM
Had a play around with the putter in the store. Certainly would teach a straight through action.

grandmasterb
14th November 2017, 09:12 AM
Fantastic product, I use it in my warmup / stretch before every round or range session.

I have the Goldflex and same as pt73, use it to warm up/stretch prior to a round and sometimes swing it at home when I'm feeling energetic :D

Leezee
6th February 2018, 01:12 PM
I like mine, I find it really good for warming up and stretching. I stretched my neck muscles so much it took a week to heal actually.

I mainly commented here to let you know that the cheapest I could find this was from Amazon Australia, I'm pretty sure it's the same as the long (48") SKLS version, and it's $60 delivered.

Couldn't get it cheaper anywhere else. Didn't even have much luck from eBay China although I'm sure this will change soon.

It's definitely worth it for $60, never tried the genuine orange whip so I can't compare sorry.

okitoki
6th February 2018, 02:21 PM
picked up a OW a few weeks ago, and I have slowed down the transition between my up and down swing... seems to help me with the quality of the ball contact with less thin shots...
my driver is still a work in progress, with the contact being good, I just have to remember to swing out on my down swing instead of swing inward to reduce my draw/hook.

But the OW seems to help with my tempo alot.

Waggle
11th September 2018, 07:46 AM
I have both the OW Driver length and the OW Wedge. Both are fantastic pieces of kit that i would highly recommend to anyone.

I was suffering from a quick transition and the OW really helps you feel the pause at the top.

Similarly with chipping i had a real tendency to get quick flip my wrists at the ball and the OW wedge has improved my chipping and pitching DRAMATICALLY. Its easily the best training aid I have ever bought. I now chip with much more body control for a repeatable swing without the arms/hands taking over.

Ferrins
11th September 2018, 12:32 PM
Been using one for the last 6 months but only recently discovered that it was a golf training aid.

perci
11th September 2018, 05:22 PM
Little end first?

okitoki
11th September 2018, 07:02 PM
must have been a pain in the butt to figure that out

Daves
14th October 2018, 09:24 PM
Anyone buy one of these earlier this year?

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/jimmy-hack-golf-llc-orange-whip-full-size-and-orange-whip-mid-size

Ron Burgundy
15th October 2018, 05:54 AM
Anyone buy one of these earlier this year?https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/jimmy-hack-golf-llc-orange-whip-full-size-and-orange-whip-mid-size Thanks mate. Mine would have been bought in that date range. Will contact them.

Daves
2nd February 2019, 09:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZXtSW1XMx4

NewyMitch
22nd September 2020, 01:15 PM
I thought I should revive this thread since I just ordered the SKLZ gold version of this.

I had a lesson on the weekend and the only thing I was given to work on was tempo. The Pro had me swing the tempo stick thing a few times and I actually picked up 3mph clubhead speed straight away. Mind you I couldn't keep that tempo on the golf course so I'm hoping this helps embed it into my brain.

PeteyD
22nd September 2020, 01:38 PM
I keep seeing Lagshot advertised on Fartbook. Seems like a similar thing.

Toxic
23rd September 2020, 06:14 AM
I thought I should revive this thread since I just ordered the SKLZ gold version of this.I had a lesson on the weekend and the only thing I was given to work on was tempo. The Pro had me swing the tempo stick thing a few times and I actually picked up 3mph clubhead speed straight away. Mind you I couldn't keep that tempo on the golf course so I'm hoping this helps embed it into my brain. Where did you order it from?

NewyMitch
23rd September 2020, 07:19 AM
I went through golfbox, it was cheaper on Amazon though.

Toxic
24th September 2020, 11:56 AM
I went through golfbox, it was cheaper on Amazon though. Cheers

Johnny Canuck
24th September 2020, 12:34 PM
I went through golfbox, it was cheaper on Amazon though.

Check out the SKLZ ones on Amazon. Go for the 48”.

Flavzz
24th September 2020, 05:41 PM
I thought I should revive this thread since I just ordered the SKLZ gold version of this.

I had a lesson on the weekend and the only thing I was given to work on was tempo. The Pro had me swing the tempo stick thing a few times and I actually picked up 3mph clubhead speed straight away. Mind you I couldn't keep that tempo on the golf course so I'm hoping this helps embed it into my brain.

Likewise I use it with my coach, it's a great training aid.

NewyMitch
25th September 2020, 04:42 PM
Likewise I use it with my coach, it's a great training aid. To be frank I'm normally fairly sceptical about most training aids. This really did help me get the feeling of waiting for my backswing to finish before starting down again. It showed up how much I rush the transition.