PDA

View Full Version : Miracles Do Happen

Pinglauncher
6th July 2006, 01:55 PM
I feel a very lucky Dad this afternoon.

I got a very distressed phone call from Sharon this morning. She had dropped of Jonathon and Nathan (Ping Jnr) for a haircut with the local barber, gone to her Mum's to drop off something ( 5 minutes away ) and then gone back to the barber.

She pulled up opposite the barber only to see this

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8811/hairdressers0046is.th.jpg (http://img190.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hairdressers0046is.jpg)

A couple of "gentlemen" who were trying to steal alcohol from the bottle shop tried to get away when the owner started to ring the police. The driver tried to do a U Turn in the middle of Berala shopping centre but due to his drunken and drugged stupor only managed to drive straight across the road and straight through the front of the barbers.

The vehicle finished almost at the back door in the photo.

Nathan was caught under the door etc (left side of the photo) and has only received a couple of cuts and scratches from the glass.

Jonathon was actually in the chair having his hair cut. The chair is normally where the oil marks can be seen in the right side of the photo. The barber jumped out of the way and it appears he and Jonathon missed being struck by an inch or two only.

Roberts (barber) young son was watching TV out the back and was knocked off his chair and finished under the table which can be seen right at the back.

The pri!k of a driver was trying to restart the ute to reverse it out but luckily it would not start and he could not get out of the vehicle. Sharon got the boys out and Robert found his son crying unhurt (somehow) under the table.

The driver was grabbed by the police and they are still looking for the accomplice who ran away.

When I look at the photos I am just amazed that no one was seriously hurt or worse.

Sorry for the long post, but I feel a little blessed at the moment and just had to write it down.

Grunt
6th July 2006, 01:59 PM
Wow,glad to hear they are all ok.
Keep a eye on them though as the shock of it all may do more harm than the injuries that could have been caused.

Pinglauncher
6th July 2006, 02:02 PM
Wow,glad to hear they are all ok.
Keep a eye on them though as the shock of it all may do more harm than the injuries that could have been caused.

Yeh, the ambulance guys mentioned that. At the moment they are both jabbering non stop which is normal for Nathan but most unusual for Jonathon.

Grunt
6th July 2006, 02:06 PM
Well hope it all goes well Ping, lucky lucky Boys. I think they might have earned big hugs from Mum & Dad after today. Also did the ambo's check yourself and your wife out for shock too. Look after yourselves tonight and the next few days.

connico
6th July 2006, 02:15 PM
hey i was going to go get a haircut today at roberts..shitta, hope your boys are ok...hope the prick gets the slammer...

and hope they catch the other one...ffs, dumb arse would be robbers.

AndyP
6th July 2006, 02:26 PM
Phew!

Now go and buy a lotto ticket, Ping.

Jarro
6th July 2006, 02:38 PM
glad to hear the tribe is OK mate 8)

.. obviously a distressed NSW supporter driving the escape vehicle ;)

Courty
6th July 2006, 03:09 PM
Holy crap! :shock:
Glad that everyone is ok.

Virgal_Tracy
6th July 2006, 03:55 PM
Glad to hear everyone is OK.

CobraSS
6th July 2006, 04:04 PM
:shock:

BrisWesty
6th July 2006, 04:36 PM
Count your blessings, Ping, that could have been so much worse.

I'm going to go and give my girls a humungous hug.

Ducky
6th July 2006, 05:21 PM
Jesus christ, it really is a miracle no-one was hurt.

Although the moron driver certainly deserved to be.

Flowergirl
6th July 2006, 09:36 PM
That is amazing. I'm so glad no one was seriously hurt. What a shock for you all.:shock:

brad
7th July 2006, 01:33 PM
Glad to hear the boys are fine.

It's enough to make you wary of getting another hair cut :shock:

burger
7th July 2006, 03:06 PM
Ping, glad to hear the boys escaped getting hurt!

Pretty fortunate . . . all their lucky stars must have been in alignment!
stu.