PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Mini Review

Courty
5th August 2004, 09:57 PM
One of my mates just came back from Brisneyland with a whole new set of clubs!

His setup is as follows:

Cleveland Launcher 400 (9.5° with Graffalloy Blue [reg]) new
Callaway Steelhead 3 metal
Deep Red 5 wood
Cleveland TA2 irons with Project X 5.5 rifles new
Cleveland CG 52° new
Titleist Oilcan Vokey 58°
Odyssey White Hot (No. 2 I think)
Cleveland Staff Bag new

I had a hit with him this afternoon and sampled his wares:
The Launcher:
I love this club. After trying the Deep Bore with the Blue, I wasn't fussed on the shaft, but now I have tried yje blue with a normal sized head, I may have to reassess my preferred shaft combo! Very forgiving, distance is good, feedback is great (mainly due to the shaft, I feel)
The TA2's:
These irons are not my go. They may as well be blades. I hit a couple of 7 irons on the 151m 11th at Cairns. I hit them roughly the same distance as my Revo's, but the TA2's are nowhere near as soft. I hit a couple only a little off centre and had my hands jarred quite significantly. After that, I handed them back.
The CG10:
I only had a few chips with it, and it is hard to judge because it takes a while to become accustomed to a new or different wedge. I will say this though: It has beautiful balance and weight. If I need a new wedge anytime soon, it will be a Cleveland CG.
The Staff Bag:
Looks really sweet except for the bloody US flag on it :evil:

McMw
5th August 2004, 10:15 PM
across the border, they have the exact same driver....
I'm not too sure if I would take up the offer, but for less than 460bucks, that might be allright...how much did he pay for it???

I've hit the CG2...great feel...but wedges are wedges... :D
I've never been able to get used to the look of the cleve head at address...I'm just weird... :lol:

BrisVegas
6th August 2004, 12:23 PM
Interesting that the Blue felt better in the Clevo. I like the Launchers, they are very classic looking. I've only hit the 300's though... I'm not a fan of the TA2 either. They look almost the same as the TA3, but NOT being forged takes away from their feel, IMO.

I got my eye on those CG10 wedges too. I just gotta wear out my old 797's. Seeing as I don't practice and only occasionally play, that could take about 30 years!!! :oops:

Iain
6th August 2004, 03:13 PM
I got my eye on those CG10 wedges too. I just gotta wear out my old 797's. Seeing as I don't practice and only occasionally play, that could take about 30 years!!! :oops:
Vegas,
You don't need any other excuse to buy new stuff, other than you want it!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Iain