PDA

View Full Version : Driver shaft questions/opinions sought

dazza99
16th October 2017, 12:08 PM
Hi Guys. For you shaft guru's out there. Titleist 913/915 driver shafts.

4 different shafts. Just after opinions on which would be the best, worst, most popular, cheapest, etc and what differences between them. Which are/were standard issue etc.
Are they all very different in standard and quality. Or are they all much of a muchness.

Aldila RIP Phenom

Mitsubishi Diamana

Matrix Ozik HD10

UST ProForce V2

All in stiff flex.

TIA.

benno_r
16th October 2017, 12:29 PM

4 different shafts. Just after opinions on which would be the best, worst, most popular, cheapest, etc and what differences between them. Which are/were standard issue etc.
Are they all very different in standard and quality. Or are they all much of a muchness.

Aldila RIP Phenom

Mitsubishi Diamana

Matrix Ozik HD10

UST ProForce V2

All in stiff flex.

TIA.

All in the lower price range for shafts, and older. In their day though, they would have been mid price range.

Which is "best" is dependent on your swing. I have tried all of them (HD7 not HD10), and I prefer the RIP Phenom. Felt better than the others, though none were a real stand out on performance (in that group).

grandmasterb
17th October 2017, 08:47 AM

Aldila RIP Phenom

Mitsubishi Diamana

Matrix Ozik HD10

UST ProForce V2

All in stiff flex.

TIA.

As benno said they are all "dated" now and come down to your swing & what characteristics you require from a shaft. Out of the above I've had the most success with the V2 and still rate it as a quality shaft (have one fitted in my Nickent tour head) but it's probably best if you go get fit for a shaft to know exactly what you need and save yourself $$$'s & potential frustration in the long run!!!

dazza99
17th October 2017, 09:32 AM
Thanks guys. Appreciated.

Johnny Canuck
17th October 2017, 10:28 AM
As benno said they are all "dated" now and come down to your swing & what characteristics you require from a shaft. Out of the above I've had the most success with the V2 and still rate it as a quality shaft (have one fitted in my Nickent tour head) but it's probably best if you go get fit for a shaft to know exactly what you need and save yourself $$$'s & potential frustration in the long run!!!

The V2 is a great shaft, i still use one in my 3w and was using it in my driver until recently.

Strangely enough, I bumped the V2 for a Diamana Ahina in my driver as it suited the Ping G better.

Both are still great shafts.

Matt 3 Jab
17th October 2017, 10:52 AM
I found the RIP the most boardy and always had half decent success with the V2.

You coukd buy a few and do your own test as you'll pick them up cheap.