PDA

View Full Version : KBS CTapers

olddogmike
6th October 2017, 06:37 PM
Any one using KBS C Taper shafts? What's your opinion of them?

mrbluu
6th October 2017, 06:47 PM
Yep they are my shaft of choice. They are good.

D22marshall
6th October 2017, 07:40 PM
Hate c tapers never have got along with them.
Even the lite.
Shows everyone is different

benno_r
6th October 2017, 08:53 PM
Like the performance, but hate they bend at the tip so easy.

I won't use again.

Matt 3 Jab
6th October 2017, 09:03 PM
Used some and love my modus a lot more.

Had the same tip issues as ben said. The tips bend. Not good.

Stiff profile and straight but I'd rather use others out there.

Johnny Canuck
6th October 2017, 09:05 PM
As the others have said, they play stiff, go straight and the tips bend.

Not the best feeling shafts.

graham_w
6th October 2017, 09:38 PM
I used them, got great numbers with them and they played very straight but wasn't 100% sold on them. Went to Modus 3 125 in X and haven't looked back. Same straightness with the irons with improved feel.

Courty
6th October 2017, 10:38 PM
I recently got fitted for a set of irons and on the LM I got the best results from C-Taper Lites. My new clubs feel a little different from the previous set, but that could be the lighter weights as much as anything else I suppose. I can't complain about the results though, they're working well for me.

Jerrymoo
7th October 2017, 08:12 AM
Great shafts.

I've had a 5 or 6 sets with C-Tapers, and have never had an issue with the tips. Previously, I played Project X for a number of years but I prefer both the performance and feel of C-Tapers.

Interestingly, you don't see many pros playing C-Tapers: Justin Rose, Gary Woodland and Kyle Stanley are the only ones that come to mind.

BUSHY
7th October 2017, 11:07 AM
I had tip issues too but KBS to their credit replaced them under warranty.

I love the feel of them for a heavy and very stiff shaft. I was feeling they were giving me better flight but after some recent struggles and a couple of fittings with X100 and Project X I won’t be going back into them.

They are a very particular shaft both feel and performance wise which is probably why you don’t see big swathes of people on tour playing them.

AD23
20th October 2017, 02:21 PM
I had tip issues too but KBS to their credit replaced them under warranty. Were they taper or parallel tips that you had issues with? Thanks

LeftyHoges
2nd November 2017, 02:56 PM
What does everyone mean by "bend at the tip too easy"?

Over time? During the shot? Or are you saying the shafts just bow when placed in the local landfill? Cos that's understandable.

benno_r
2nd November 2017, 03:06 PM
What does everyone mean by "bend at the tip too easy"?

Over time? During the shot? Or are you saying the shafts just bow when placed in the local landfill? Cos that's understandable.Over time they will bend at the hosel. Very common occurrence. Might be why you hitting it further, they all delofted 3deg.

LeftyHoges
2nd November 2017, 03:18 PM
Over time they will bend at the hosel. Very common occurrence. Might be why you hitting it further, they all delofted 3deg.

Jesus, really?

Best check them then. Mine are obviously going the other way though, that's clearly the reason why I'm such a little short hitta...