PDA

View Full Version : Putter info

JoeS
21st September 2017, 09:11 PM
After some general thoughts on putters,more importantly shaft length.I am 173cm tall and use a 35 inch putter.Would this be considered to long for my height.It has been suggested that I use a 33 inch putter because of my height.Never thought about putter length till now

mrbluu
21st September 2017, 09:24 PM
After some general thoughts on putters,more importantly shaft length.I am 173cm tall and use a 35 inch putter.Would this be considered to long for my height.It has been suggested that I use a 33 inch putter because of my height.Never thought about putter length till now

It will be all dependent on how u setup and how long it arms are compared vs your height.

This will give u a guide on how to set up properly.

https://youtu.be/4eHWE-jm4zk

Captain Nemo
21st September 2017, 09:24 PM
Putters the most used club in the bag.
Go get a fitting.

JoeS
21st September 2017, 10:37 PM
Putters the most used club in the bag.
Go get a fitting.Yep,and I am pretty lousy at using it.

3Puttpete
21st September 2017, 10:49 PM
Cut half an inch off and hit it. If it's no good cut another half off. Rinse and repeat.

Johnny Canuck
22nd September 2017, 12:01 AM
There is a lot of merit in what Nemo says about a putter fitting.

I went through quite a few putters before I discovered that face balanced putters suited me.

Impossible to tell what length you need simply based on height.

Mayborn
22nd September 2017, 07:45 AM
I have over thought this (and other things) far too much of late. I took Nemo's advice and paid to get a putter fitting. Now I can safely say I am totally confident with one aspect of my game, and has freed my up to worry about the rest.

Captain Nemo
22nd September 2017, 08:27 AM
If you can find a guy who has Sam putt lab, will be the best $120 you've spent on golf this year...
In fact I've recently convinced a 3 marker to book a session (which he has) so if "players" do it so should most weekend warriors!