PDA

View Full Version : Qld Champs Cairns 2017 Betting Market

LADBROKES
3rd September 2017, 06:29 PM
Here it is punters. The market is finally out for the 2017 champs.

benno_r - the champs organiser extraordinaire. Word is he has been out at sea for the last 28 days. Not sure he will lose his sea legs in time to be a force in this. May place at long odds. $15

Courty - Courty finally gets a champs in his own backyard and will be one of the favourites for this event. Our betting agents have spied courty in a colder climate recently and are unsure if he will be able to shuffle co-ordinating outfits, spreadsheets and acclimatising back to FNQ temps. Still a solid chance. $8

Peppas - the oldest, whitest guy in the field. He is that serious about this event, he has been on a golfing odyssey for the last month playing every course in the UK. Has heaps of handicap, but probably needs more. More chance for the NAGA in this. $67

KJ - we are unsure how to set the market for KJ. He has been a quiet achiever of late, only trading 14 sets of irons in the last month. Can his complexion handle the FNQ elements? We are offering $21

Iain - late scracthing

Jimandr - can this be the year for the shortest hitting A grader ever seen? We think not. Throw in a 2000km road trip and we think Jim's back may be seized up before the first tee. $17

Bushy - finally we come to one of the blue riband players in Bushy. Has sliced his handicap in half this year, knows every course and hits it long. He's our favourite $3

Dcanto - this guy is a modern day bushranger without any hair. Handicap used to be 5 and has drifted out to 12 or so in the last couple of years. May peak too early at Royal Gordonvale, but still a solid each way chance. $19

backintheswing - appears to be on the slide after career best form earlier in the year. Is the reigning champ, but we don't expect his name to be engraved on the trophy this year. $21

Jazzdog - comes into this event after a third placing at last years champs.Will be the longest hitter in the field, and we anti pate a good showing off his handicap. $7

AndyP - comes to these events purely to keep an attendance streak going. Can he overcome a string of injuries and lack of play? The odds say no. $50

Haysey - this is a golf tournament not a triathlon $101

MrBluu - he was in, then out, then in again. The DCE of the field. We think he will be too worried about the cost of the airfares and golf games. Expect some epic helicoptering though. $33

Pete_Rs - seems to have been very quiet lately on the golf front. Hits a massive 3 wood and takes the biggest divots known to man. Will the resort courses have enough jimmy beam cans to keep the nerves in check. We don't think so $21

LeftyHoges - if this was played on perfect greens without grain, then Lefty might be a chance. His chances depend on which set of tiles he sleeps on, on Saturday night. $15 ($1.30 for the Monday round though)

Solarman - we think this could be his year. His year for picking up a transvestite on the Esplanade on Saturday night. $501

Shazza_Rs - we are certain Shazza will win the ladies event and has come close in past years to the overall. Will probably win the swearing comp by a fair margin. $11

AndyP
3rd September 2017, 06:37 PM
Those are my worst odds ever and it is still only fourth last.

Dcanto
3rd September 2017, 06:58 PM
I wish I was once off 5. I hope Ladbrokes didn't pay any money for their info. :)

BUSHY
3rd September 2017, 07:13 PM
I wish I was once off 5. I hope Ladbrokes didn't pay any money for their info. :)

Wherever the info came from...it certainly wasn’t the latest “What did you shoot” thread. Wowee[emoji15]

Peppas
4th September 2017, 02:44 AM
Shit, it's a tough gig being old and white!

Dotty
4th September 2017, 05:47 AM
Shit, it's a tough gig being old and white!
Ladbrokes left out bald and fat.

AndyP
4th September 2017, 07:24 AM
Can I put some money down for Lefty for the Monday win? Those odds are juicy.

LeftyHoges
4th September 2017, 09:28 AM
Can I put some money down for Lefty for the Monday win? Those odds are juicy.

Even have prior knowledge of the course too.

Although not sure that's a bonus at HMB.

LarryLong
4th September 2017, 10:15 AM
Can I have odds for a box trifecta with all of the FNQ home track heroes (except Solarman, of course). Everybody else will melt into a puddle of uselessness after about 25 holes by my estimation.

LeftyHoges
4th September 2017, 10:49 AM
Can I have odds for a box trifecta with all of the FNQ home track heroes (except Solarman, of course). Everybody else will melt into a puddle of uselessness after about 25 holes by my estimation.Bah, was hotter at The Dunes for VICs than this will be. ;-)

AndyP
4th September 2017, 10:54 AM
Anyone in this field that played well at The Dunes?

LeftyHoges
4th September 2017, 10:59 AM
I wiped the last from 70m out for 35 points.

PeteyD
4th September 2017, 03:26 PM

Epic wipe and mining effort it was too.

Courty
4th September 2017, 03:40 PM
Anyone in this field that played well at The Dunes?

I think I 3-putted the last for around 34pts. :?

LeftyHoges
4th September 2017, 03:57 PM
Epic wipe and mining effort it was too.I don't d*ck about. When I go for it I go full d*ck.

3Puttpete
4th September 2017, 04:13 PM
I don't d*ck about. When I go for it I go full d*ck.

Brill!

Courty
5th September 2017, 04:11 PM
Here it is punters. The market is finally out for the 2017 champs.

Courty - Courty finally gets a champs in his own backyard and will be one of the favourites for this event. Our betting agents have spied courty in a colder climate recently and are unsure if he will be able to shuffle co-ordinating outfits, spreadsheets and acclimatising back to FNQ temps. Still a solid chance. $8

Are you kidding? Everyone knows I'm a custard-head at these things. I lucked in a 2nd place a few years ago in VIC, but otherwise my record is abysmal!
[/antimozz]

Toxic
5th September 2017, 07:27 PM
Never met any of you lads and ladettes

But i'll back

Pete_Rs at the 20s

BUSHY
5th September 2017, 07:53 PM
Sneaky $10 on Hayes for sure.

WBennett
6th September 2017, 01:22 PM
Sneaky $10 on Hayes for sure.

Hayes? Its not a triathlon.

And his golf swing resembles an octopus changing the wheel on a moving car.

LarryLong
6th September 2017, 01:24 PM

He looks more graceful clip-stacking his bike than he does when he's swinging a golf club.

Courty
6th September 2017, 01:27 PM
And the fact he isn't playing on the weekend.

LeftyHoges
6th September 2017, 02:12 PM
And the fact he isn't playing on the weekend.Shut up! These idiots keep betting on him!!!

peter_rs
6th September 2017, 04:21 PM
First day at in cairns the rsl for lunch, muddys park and the pool all afternoon.

Bourbons by the pool now

That is how you tapper

Daves
6th September 2017, 04:37 PM

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I heard a old Feherty quote last night, where he described Furyk's swing as like a man trying to kill a snake in a phone box!:wink:

LeftyHoges
6th September 2017, 05:47 PM
Watching Haysey play golf is like watching a drunk chase a balloon at the edge of a cliff.

PeteyD
7th September 2017, 04:57 AM
Just don't stand too close, that wingspan is impressive.

AndyP
13th September 2017, 07:13 AM
Bushy - finally we come to one of the blue riband players in Bushy. Has sliced his handicap in half this year, knows every course and hits it long. He's our favourite $3
The Ladbrokes kiss of death.

BUSHY
13th September 2017, 07:19 AM
The Ladbrokes kiss of death.

[emoji105][emoji380]☠️