PDA

View Full Version : Lie board markings

okitoki
30th August 2017, 12:38 PM
Looking for some advice while not at the golf course.

when i had my first set of clubs (Razr Black) adjusted a few months ago, I was pretty happy with the result as I was hitting ball very true and centered.... lack of pulled shots was great.
fast forward to last week, I went for a club fitting for a set of heavier shafts for my Apex 16, and found I I had great result from the light graphite shaft to a heavier set of KBC Tour.

OK, for both set of irons, I seem to hit them pretty solid, with the occasional thin shots if I get overly enthusiastic with my swing.... my other off shots tend to be a pull to the left on the short irons.

On both fittings, I have noted the lie board markings are pretty much center of the club bottom which is great (i assume)... However, instead of the marking being center front (near the face), it was always center back..... clean markings, not dragged.

Does this show I am hitting the ball on the upswing for all my shots? I tend to be a sweeper, so taking divots is not that common for me. However, with the Mizuno MP-60 I tried, I was cutting nice divots in good shots (that I can feel)

So what does this tell me? is this an indication to a fault that I need to address if I wish to play more consistent.