PDA

View Full Version : Royal Hobart

Collis
25th August 2017, 07:03 PM
http://www.golfindustrycentral.com.au/golf-industry-news/bright-future-for-golf-in-hobart

Progolfgear
26th August 2017, 05:20 PM
Nice to see there is one course in the south of the state doing a little more than 'surviving'.

Can rarely ever fault the condition of the RHGC, the layout has always been underwhelming though so hopefully they can create a little more interest in the layout!

sms316
27th August 2017, 08:23 AM
Nice to see there is one course in the south of the state doing a little more than 'surviving'.Can rarely ever fault the condition of the RHGC, the layout has always been underwhelming though so hopefully they can create a little more interest in the layout! Clueless comment.

Progolfgear
27th August 2017, 09:08 AM
Clueless comment.

Care to elaborate? It's not like I am speaking false truths, an opinion is only that; opinion.

Or, do you have a greater insight to the financial situations of the local clubs?

sms316
27th August 2017, 09:29 AM
The latter

Progolfgear
27th August 2017, 09:42 AM
The latter

You should share this information for the 'clueless' of us. Here I was thinking dwindling memberships and selling off assets was a bad thing!

sms316
27th August 2017, 09:46 AM
You're the one who said that it's nice to see "one course" being successful (which sounded more like you are stating fact than opinion btw).

How about I throw up Huon Valley as an example? Run by volunteers an has about $80k sitting in the bank. I'd suggest that they're doing better than just surviving?

Progolfgear
27th August 2017, 10:11 AM
You're the one who said that it's nice to see "one course" being successful (which sounded more like you are stating fact than opinion btw).

How about I throw up Huon Valley as an example? Run by volunteers an has about $80k sitting in the bank. I'd suggest that they're doing better than just surviving?

"doing a little more than 'surviving'" - Perhaps I should have said "Substantially more than surviving"

That is great for them that they have enough money in the bank to pay supplier bills, maintain the machinery, buy some fertilizers etc.
There is a very good reason for them to keep that $80k in the bank too, they know just as well as I do that they need that to fall back on to 'survive' as it wont go far when the next unforeseen event occurs that will see that balance head south.
Perhaps you and I have very different perceptions of the definition of 'surviving', but to me, it sounds like Huon Valley are doing exactly that.

Coldtopper
27th August 2017, 10:47 AM
MsM you legend

Collis
27th August 2017, 04:19 PM

Collis
27th August 2017, 04:22 PM
I understand where PGG is coming from there would not be any club in the south with the financial records of Royal Hobart.
Maybe 4-5 clubs who have a decent amount in the bank.Huon Valley surprised me with $80k in the bank, as all the others the down that way just get by (but it is a brilliant track, with good members)
Would suggest 3 other clubs doing better would be Llanherne, Pittwater and New town Bay in the south anyway.
No idea about the north.