PDA

View Full Version : Clicgear recommendations?

FuzzyJuzzy
24th August 2017, 12:29 PM
Gents,

I'm thinking of getting a Clicgear for my bday next month...what's a good model guys? Something middle of the road price-wise. A mate suggested a Rovic, while the good MrBluu says a 3.5. Never had a Clicgear before - skimped out and bought a cheaper Triumph buggy last time and it's actually lasted four or five years but is now on the blink.
Thanks Gents.

okitoki
24th August 2017, 12:42 PM
i picked up an old 3.0 and have repaired the brake lines and parts...
lots of gadgets to add on, and have to say I am loving it right now... easy to steer and easy to put on and off...

The bag boy I had before was just as sturdy, and lighter, but less accessories...
With the Clicgear, I am not a fan of the umbrella holder

should be similar to the Rovic

3Puttpete
24th August 2017, 01:20 PM
Gents, I'm thinking of getting a Clicgear for my bday next month...what's a good model guys? Something middle of the road price-wise. A mate suggested a Rovic, while the good MrBluu says a 3.5. Never had a Clicgear before - skimped out and bought a cheaper Triumph buggy last time and it's actually lasted four or five years but is now on the blink. Thanks Gents. A Rovic is a Clicgear as a Smart car is a Mercedes. Buy the latest Clicgear or save money and buy a Rovic.

Dotty
24th August 2017, 02:25 PM
BagBoy C3.

I have a low tolerance threshold, when it comes to the Clicgear origami folds and their list of add-ons.

wazamac
24th August 2017, 02:51 PM
Interested in this as well because my Bagboy has finally bit the dust.
It was a nice compact fold up but after 3 brake cables in 3 years, am a little hesitant to get another.

Anyone tried the Axglo?

Steve57
24th August 2017, 03:13 PM
It was a nice compact fold up but after 3 brake cables in 3 years, am a little hesitant to get another.

Anyone tried the Axglo?

Calling PeteyD

benno_r
24th August 2017, 03:14 PM

Anyone tried the Axglo?

I have the flip'n'go 4 wheeler. It's a solid buggy, and the top mounting arms are very awesome if you use stand bags. The lid on my console broke early, but it was pretty easy to dodgy up a fix. Folds up super easy too.

goughy
24th August 2017, 03:15 PM
I'm about as cheap ass as they come, and I ended up getting a clicgear 3.5. the few rounds I've had to use it I liked it. But I haven't used a buggy in over a decade so have nothing to compare it with. Haven't used the umbrella holder, but have been told the additional one you can buy as an accessory that is adjustable is better than the included.

Rascal
24th August 2017, 04:24 PM
I bought this one when it was $149.00. I find it awesome for the price. Heaps of space. Really easy to fold up and down. Quite compact when its folded down. Ive only used it for about 4 or 5 rounds so i cant really talk to longevity but so far so good.

https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/axglo-tri-lite-buggy-package-blk-blu.html

Matt
24th August 2017, 05:09 PM
How does a clicgear compare to a smoothly classic in terms of ease of rolling?

benno_r
24th August 2017, 06:04 PM
How does a clicgear compare to a smoothly classic in terms of ease of rolling?

Way better.

Lagerlover
24th August 2017, 06:26 PM
wait another couple of weeks for daves to get back from R&R fuzzy.

unsure R&R from what though

Daves
24th August 2017, 06:47 PM
wait another couple of weeks for daves to get back from R&R fuzzy.

unsure R&R from what though

Don't......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGyOaCXr8Lw

Lagerlover
24th August 2017, 06:55 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pEBXuhqVSws

Rascal
24th August 2017, 08:42 PM
GCO dads day sale all Clicgears $298 https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/golf-buggies/pull-push-buggies.html?pos_brands=600

FuzzyJuzzy
24th August 2017, 09:45 PM
GCO dads day sale all Clicgears $298 https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/golf-buggies/pull-push-buggies.html?pos_brands=600 Thanks mate. Saw that. Thinking of getting a 3.5 Plus in either silver frame or blue frame. They look pretty snazzy.

LarryLong
25th August 2017, 12:03 AM
After pushing my mate's rovic I wouldn't buy anything that didn't have a swivel front wheel, but I haven't tried many buggies so I don't know what the others are like.

Dotty
25th August 2017, 06:51 AM
After pushing my mate's rovic I wouldn't buy anything that didn't have a swivel front wheel, but I haven't tried many buggies so I don't know what the others are like.
Been there, done that and had it locked out all the time.

The swivel wanted to steer across the hill, whenever going uphill, especially on long kikuyu. (I find three wheel buggies great going uphill, as I can lean on the handle and weight is transferred in forward motion. The more weight, the easier it goes uphill.)

Just raising the front wheel an inch off the ground allows it to swivel the same.

tim_golfer2
25th August 2017, 12:34 PM
I've got a red 3.0 you can have for $150 if you like. Pick up Coogee.

Well used but still works perfectly. (last time I unfolded it... I've been motorised for a while)

But you probably want something shiny & new for your birthday.

FuzzyJuzzy
25th August 2017, 01:58 PM
From what I'm reading, the Clicgear 3.5 Plus is the best push buggy in the universe. Think that may be the one...

Lagerlover
25th August 2017, 02:36 PM
From what I'm reading, the Clicgear 3.5 Plus is the best push buggy in the universe. Think that may be the one... Agree

Steve57
25th August 2017, 02:50 PM
From what I'm reading, the Clicgear 3.5 Plus is the best push buggy in the universe. Think that may be the one... Agree

Wenz
25th August 2017, 03:15 PM
Agree

Wenz
25th August 2017, 03:21 PM
Also, if ordering though GCO apply code "SGA2013" at checkout for 5% off
Brand new clicgear for $283.10, not quite as good as golfbox but they no longer supply clicgear buggies online (anyone know why?)

Daves
25th August 2017, 04:14 PM
Also, if ordering though GCO apply code "SGA2013" at checkout for 5% off
Brand new clicgear for $283.10, not quite as good as golfbox but they no longer supply clicgear buggies online (anyone know why?)

They lost their dealership rights for selling them too cheap.

Daves
25th August 2017, 04:15 PM
from what i'm reading, the clicgear 3.5 plus is the best push buggy in the universe. Think that may be the one...

WALOHS:roll::wink:

3Puttpete
25th August 2017, 04:22 PM
Agree

Knob

Lagerlover
25th August 2017, 04:35 PM
Knob Agree

Lagerlover
25th August 2017, 04:36 PM
Agree Not you daves.

Steve57
25th August 2017, 04:56 PM
Knob 3PP is talking about your steering knob Rich!😉

Lagerlover
25th August 2017, 05:16 PM
That's Steve,

Fuzzy can I suggest you find the knob that you feel most comfortable with, and then shop for the 3.5 that suits.

FuzzyJuzzy
26th August 2017, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. Have just ordered a ClicGear 3.5+ from GCO. Thanks too Wenz for the discount code:). Much appreciated.

Lagerlover
26th August 2017, 09:44 PM
Peppas had a knob for sale a while ago Fuzzy. Seriously worth it.

Courty
4th September 2017, 04:51 PM
There's a handy new accessory called the Cozy that holds stand bags in position. I've had mine for a month or so and love it.

https://www.golfbox.com.au/buggies/buggy-accessories/clicgear-bag-cozy/

IanO
4th September 2017, 04:54 PM
3.5+ is great. I bought a Rovic for my wife and the Clickgear is easier to fold and easier to roll (just more expensive)

PeteyD
5th September 2017, 07:19 AM
There's a handy new accessory called the Cozy that holds stand bags in position. I've had mine for a month or so and love it.

Ooo that looks handy for many carts for stand bags. Might need to get it.

goughy
5th September 2017, 07:33 AM
That does look cool. I might wait till I'm actually playing again though.....

Daves
5th September 2017, 07:55 AM

I have got one you can try Pete. I found it works to a point in getting the bag more upright, but the bag tends to roll around because it isn't secured at the bottom and the bottom rack doesn't hold it by itself. A strap on the bottom might help? haven't tried it though. The top strap is also at its limit with the extra width. The other issue, specific to the M8, is you can no longer lock the top strap out of the way when you fold it down. That means it often catches when you are putting it up. I got sick of it and took it off.

PeteyD
5th September 2017, 08:12 AM
Yea except I want to try it on the Flip n go and the rovic. If you don't mind I will borrow it.

Jerrymoo
5th September 2017, 08:18 AM
Late to this, and not to put the mozz on Fuzz's purchase... but I think the Model 8 is Clicgear's best offering.

Super stable, and it folds/unfolds a little easier than the 3.5+.

Daves
5th September 2017, 08:22 AM
Yea except I want to try it on the Flip n go and the rovic. If you don't mind I will borrow it.

You can adjust it a fair bit, it is all velcro straps etc, so it is a chance to work.

Lagerlover
5th September 2017, 08:57 AM
Is there anything you can't get for clicgears??

They're just so awesome!!

Courty
5th September 2017, 09:35 AM
I have got one you can try Pete. I found it works to a point in getting the bag more upright, but the bag tends to roll around because it isn't secured at the bottom and the bottom rack doesn't hold it by itself. A strap on the bottom might help? haven't tried it though. The top strap is also at its limit with the extra width.

I haven't experienced any of those issues Dave, so I guess i's success is dependent on the type of bag used.
I do take it off between rounds though.

Daves
5th September 2017, 10:28 AM
I haven't experienced any of those issues Dave, so I guess i's success is dependent on the type of bag used.
I do take it off between rounds though.

Bag shape has a little to do with it. I am currently using a Cleveland. It seems to be a bit more prone to turn than the Titleist bag I was using prior, but it also turned a bit.

I play a bit more often than the average. I bought my current M8 in June last year and I have played over 125 comp rounds since then. Add at least that many social rounds, and I get through some mileage with my gear. I don't always use the M8, but it has done the bulk of the round since then.

I agree with JerryMoo. The M8 is easier to live with than the 3.5+. As I play ever other day, the gear mostly goes into the car the way it came out. Except for the clubs of course, that get rotated every round. With an occasional maintenance day to clean, oil etc.

I like that the Clicgear folds down reasonably compact, but a Flip n Go is way more compact. The Smoothy Micro Suspension folds down similarly, but has (standard) extras (Seat, Sandbottle etc) that take a bit more loading.

My favorite feature of the ClicGear is the net. Secondly, it has plenty of mounting points for extras. The flip N Go is similar, but doesn't have the net.

I am less impressed by the value for money equation. Too many accessories are expensive extras, that come standard on other buggies. I have a cooler bag (2 in fact, because the 1st one was poorly made and would not stay in place). A Drink Cooler (2 in fact, because the 1st one was loose fitting and kept fall off), a couple of drink holders, a steering knob (which I liked, but don't use anymore because it was causing me back problems using it). I have the sand bottle, but it is way too tight a fit and it a battle to remove it to use, so I don't bother anymore. I now use a Drink bottle in a drink holder method, as mentioned in another thread. I have also added my own hooks to hang sand buckets and my Wire Weed knife.

I had to buy the more expensive umbrella holder, because the standard one is useless at holding the average wind buster umbrella in place in any serious wind. I have a shoe brush as well, but haven't got around to fitting it yet, because unlike the 3.5+ version that just clicks into place, the M8 version requires you to dismantle the wheel/axle connections to fit it, I found out when it arrived.

I find the build quality pretty variable. Some things are good, some very ordinary. Due to the massive negative camber it would seem, the rear tyres on my M8 are wearing out on the inside pretty quickly. As far as I can tell you have to buy the whole wheel, you can't just buy and fit a new tyre , like you can with some other buggies.

Overall it is a good buggy, but at close to $500 total cost with accessories, it is too pricey for what it is imo.

BUSHY
5th September 2017, 05:42 PM

VERY handy.

wizard_of_oz
6th September 2017, 09:43 AM
Holy crap Daves..at least 250 rounds since June last year? You must be retired and widowed.. :)

Jerrymoo
6th September 2017, 11:41 AM
Daves with 250 rounds in a year... outstanding!

https://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif

Daves
6th September 2017, 05:28 PM
Daves with 250 rounds in a year... outstanding!

https://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif

Well maybe 15h months, but yeah I am an addict.........

markTHEblake
9th December 2019, 11:47 PM

Courty I bought one of these based on your recommendations, because I got a new bag and wanted to look flash, but its not so good for me :) I guess it depends on which bag we have.

Even though the box says "adjusts to secure any stand bag", I have a Bag Boy Chiller standbag, and the thing doesnt fit , the legs are too far apart. It would be ok if the base was about 2 inches longer and there were 4 support lugs instead of 3. so that there would be two of them in between the legs.

I have gone back to using pipe insulation (https://www.bunnings.com.au/k-flex-9-x-19mm-x-1m-elastomeric-pipe-insulation-suits-3-4-pipe_p4920089) wrapped around the upper brackets, by half cutting it and fixing it on with cloth tape.
Bag has never rolled off to the side in years. Its ugly but effective, so why did I buy the clicgear one :roll:

anyone else have fitting issues like this?