PDA

View Full Version : Golf Storage Unit

Bigbad
23rd August 2017, 11:13 AM
So I want to build myself a nice little storage unit for all my golf gear. I found something on Pinterest that is exactly what I'm looking for. Has anyone else built something like this??

okitoki
23rd August 2017, 12:04 PM
do you have access to wood tools? would make the job easier compare to using hand tools only

3Puttpete
23rd August 2017, 12:18 PM
Don't forget the internet tools

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd August 2017, 12:30 PM
So I want to build myself a nice little storage unit for all my golf gear. I found something on Pinterest that is exactly what I'm looking for. Has anyone else built something like this??46112 That looks great - neat and compact. I could do with one of those in my garage...

solarman
23rd August 2017, 12:54 PM
Courty will be all over one of those.....expect to hear the saws working soon. :)

wazamac
23rd August 2017, 01:11 PM
Me like but 1 big tweak needed immediately.

Remove the 4 x 90* corners at the front and replace with a radius. At the height they look they could cause damage in the nether regions.

WBennett
23rd August 2017, 01:19 PM
Its five bags and 12 pairs of shoes short of requirements.

Lagerlover
23rd August 2017, 01:29 PM
Where's the other set?

LarryLong
23rd August 2017, 01:56 PM
Here's the OzGolf version:

benno_r
23rd August 2017, 03:46 PM
Here's the OzGolf version:

I see you've been to Daves house then.

Dotty
23rd August 2017, 05:07 PM
Bargain. My golf storage unit cost over 35 grand.

On the plus side, I can no longer go to the local nursery to pick up plants, new lounge cushions, potting mix or a water feature.

Ned
23rd August 2017, 07:13 PM

Thats the archive area isnt it? ;)

Bigbad
24th August 2017, 09:21 AM
That looks great - neat and compact. I could do with one of those in my garage...

That was my thought as well! Figure it's got enough space to keep everything (bar clothes) in it. Looking at getting it flat packed from a cabinet making place, then just putting it together. Or, if I do feel the need to make it i'll have to do up some proper plans so I can work out materials etc.

Daves
24th August 2017, 10:29 AM
That was my thought as well! Figure it's got enough space to keep everything (bar clothes) in it. Looking at getting it flat packed from a cabinet making place, then just putting it together. Or, if I do feel the need to make it i'll have to do up some proper plans so I can work out materials etc.

I have one of these (and a spare still in the flat pack);

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-BAG-ORGANIZER-HOLDER-STORAGE-RACK-CLUBS-SHOES-ACCESSORIES-GARAGE-EQUIPMENT-/253074600788?epid=1173763041&hash=item3aec6bf354:g:78MAAOSw9eVXWou6

Daves
24th August 2017, 10:32 AM

Thats the archive area isnt it? ;)

Yes, but only the A to L section.

* That's

Ned
24th August 2017, 10:37 AM
* That's

Daveswah............father of Henwah I see! :razz:

Steve57
25th August 2017, 07:45 AM
Daveswah............father of Henwah I see! :razz:
That's two posts in two days Ned!:lol:
Welcome back!

Anthony
26th August 2017, 12:05 AM
I do woodworking as a hobby, the unit wouldn't be that hard to build if you had some basic tools (circ saw, jig saw, drill and some handtools) and a pocket hole jig for the joinery. The one in the picture looks like it's made out of 25mm plywood, 18mm would be plenty though. I would say one sheet would be enough for this which will probably run you between $100 and 150 depending on where you can source it from. Most places that sell cabinet grade plywood don't like selling single sheets so you might have to pay a premium for it. I find that sometimes it's worth asking around local cabinet shops if they will sell you a sheet, sometimes you can get a sheet at their bulk cost plus a six pack. Another option would be to used MDF and paint it if you want it more for utility and don't care about the timber look. A sheet of 18mm MDF will only run you about $30.

okitoki
26th August 2017, 12:43 AM
Another good place to look out for is at The men shed.. Great place to learn a new skill and make new friends.. Plus most shed have decent equipment and helpful carpenters that can help you out with the project.

When I was out of work last year... I've join my local shed... They thought me how to do some wood work and sometimes even provided materials.

It was worth the membership fees

Bigbad
28th August 2017, 12:47 PM
I do woodworking as a hobby, the unit wouldn't be that hard to build if you had some basic tools (circ saw, jig saw, drill and some handtools) and a pocket hole jig for the joinery. The one in the picture looks like it's made out of 25mm plywood, 18mm would be plenty though. I would say one sheet would be enough for this which will probably run you between $100 and 150 depending on where you can source it from. Most places that sell cabinet grade plywood don't like selling single sheets so you might have to pay a premium for it. I find that sometimes it's worth asking around local cabinet shops if they will sell you a sheet, sometimes you can get a sheet at their bulk cost plus a six pack. Another option would be to used MDF and paint it if you want it more for utility and don't care about the timber look. A sheet of 18mm MDF will only run you about $30.

Thanks for that Anthony! I figured it would be a good little project to do myself, don't mind spending a little bit of the tools needed. I did get a quote from a cabinet making shop that could cut it to size in flat pack for $275 including the screws, it was out of white malamite though. Would prefer the timber look, just so i can put a stain to it, maybe stick on some fake grass for my shoe shelves.

Anthony
28th August 2017, 08:18 PM
Thanks for that Anthony! I figured it would be a good little project to do myself, don't mind spending a little bit of the tools needed. I did get a quote from a cabinet making shop that could cut it to size in flat pack for $275 including the screws, it was out of white malamite though. Would prefer the timber look, just so i can put a stain to it, maybe stick on some fake grass for my shoe shelves.

No worries mate, feel free to shoot me a message if you need and help or advice.