PDA

View Full Version : Australian Idol

Flowergirl
5th August 2004, 10:48 AM
I really need to get a life. Apart from golf the highlight of my week is Sunday night and Australian Idol.
I really need to get out more!!!!!!!!
Only three more sleeps. Yea!!!!!!!!!

Fishman Dan
5th August 2004, 11:05 AM
I got sucked in to BB. I am amused by The Apprentice. I admit that i quite like Survivor.

I won't go near Idol. I could rant and rave, but i'll spare you. These people have got nothing.

Guy Sebastian. Case-in-point.

AndyP
5th August 2004, 12:49 PM
I watched last season's, and thought it was pretty good.
Have missed the last couple of shows this season.

I've got a car, I've got a big black shiny car ......
(Shannon is a hack)

3oneday
5th August 2004, 01:18 PM
I watched last season's, and thought it was pretty good.
Have missed the last couple of shows this season.

I've got a car, I've got a big black shiny car ......
(Shannon is a hack)

yeah, but what, and where, is the last winner ???

Pete

AndyP
5th August 2004, 01:24 PM

Promoting himself overseas, I believe.

Fishman Dan
5th August 2004, 01:29 PM

Surely the listeners to (quality) Australian music are the real winners here... :smt093

I think Mr Sebastian's christian ideology has interfered with his Popstar lifestyle. Doesn't it just remind you of the Simpsons episode when Lisa becomes the pageant queen?

AndyP
5th August 2004, 01:44 PM
I think Mr Sebastian's christian ideology has interfered with his Popstar lifestyle. Doesn't it just remind you of the Simpsons episode when Lisa becomes the pageant queen?
And he keeps singing that bloody "Wonderful World" song, "spreading the joy" around the world. :roll:

Flowergirl
5th August 2004, 01:49 PM
I was singing that yesterday.........I LOVE winning!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
( Just beeing cocky while I can..........I know I'll come unstuck soon)

amanda
5th August 2004, 05:27 PM
FG - you're not alone. I am an Idol-addict - probably coz I wish I could sing :D

Jarro
5th August 2004, 05:32 PM
sorry but i think this show is the biggest load of crap on telly :evil:

McMw
5th August 2004, 05:47 PM
I can't wait for AI4...

but I've also seen clips of Aus idol....I'm so glad I don't have access to that!!!

AndyP
5th August 2004, 07:27 PM
I can't wait for AI4...

but I've also seen clips of Aus idol....I'm so glad I don't have access to that!!!
Didn't catch any of Popstars did you? :roll:

jarro, I've heard you say that about plenty of other shows, you grumpy old man. :smt076

Jarro
5th August 2004, 07:33 PM
jarro, I've heard you say that about plenty of other shows, you grumpy old man. :smt076

I know .... my list of no-shows is pretty long :roll:

Good thing i have the Foxtel.. there's is nothing but crap on free-to-air :x

markTHEblake
5th August 2004, 09:45 PM
Its a sad world that we live in that we have to watch TV to get some reality.

Apart from watching snippets of Idol, (courtesy of wife and kids being a fan) I havent ever watched any of those shows. Thank god for Austar and the documentary channels!

Fishman Dan
6th August 2004, 07:55 AM
For us non Idol watchers, we'll be glad to see that Ab Fab is still going strong, and Keeping up Appearances is on some early timeslot (5pm-ish?) i think on Sundays? Perhaps it was a weekday.

Now Mrs Bucket (pronounced Boo-cay) - there's comedy.

I think I am truly my father's son..

markTHEblake
6th August 2004, 01:39 PM
Dont miss Game On, which is after Ab Fab. Its the funniest show I have seen for a long time.

Fishman Dan
6th August 2004, 01:46 PM
Last night Dead Ringers was on straight after.. which really wasn't very funny.

Flowergirl
30th August 2004, 11:51 AM
OK........first of all if you don't like Idol stop reading now and give us a break and don't post negative comments....ok!!!!! ( yea sure......like that will happen :D )
So the any fans there - who are we liking at the moment???
I must admit I'm a fan of Marty ( bald guy in the wildcards)
I'm pleased to see that the public seems to have voted on talent rather than appearances.
Looking forward to next Sun when the live performances start. :wink:

AndyP
30th August 2004, 01:57 PM
So the any fans there - who are we liking at the moment???
Haven't been watching this series, FG. All I have seen of the semi-finals, is about 3/4 hr of last night's wildcard show.

The missus says she will probably watch the finals, so I guess I might be too. :roll: I'll get back to you on my thoughts then. :wink:

Flowergirl
31st August 2004, 08:00 AM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Marty got through!!!!!!!!!!!!!yea!!!!!!!!!!!
I am looking forward to Sunday nights show. They are all singing Aust. songs. A very talented bunch of performers. For you knockers - give it a go- and tell me your opinions. :D

naragah
31st August 2004, 05:20 PM
I was totally enthralled in last years Idol but then I guess at that stage Shannon just lived around the corner from me and was a local boy that Onewood used to take to school :lol: :lol: so I watched it pretty intensly and the wife spent a fortune on SMS voting
this year I have not watched it at all and have no desire to do so.

The closest I get to reallity shows are Jackass, wildboyz and Viva la Bam :twisted:

Ducky
9th September 2004, 11:43 PM
I haven't been interested in the previous versions of Australia Idol, but there is one thing that keeps me interested in the current series... Amali. I was given quite the scare Sunday night when there was the possibility that she might have been leaving, but thankfully she is hanging around on my TV for another week. I really wish the girls that went to school with me looked half as gorgeous at 16.

:shock:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Flowergirl
10th September 2004, 07:48 AM
WElcome Ducky boy!! Hope to hear more from you :D

Ducky
10th September 2004, 04:28 PM
Thanks, I'm sure you will.

:)

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Ducky
13th September 2004, 08:17 PM
Alright, so Dan has been voted out of the competition (much to my surprise considering most of the voters are teenage girls). Amali is still in the competition, and will hopefully be wearing a J-Lo style dress at next Sunday's live concert (if the trend continues). I can't wait for that!

:D

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Flowergirl
14th September 2004, 07:52 AM
Yes it was a big suprise that Dan wasn't kept in - I was sure that Hayley would go. I was pleased to see Emielia stay. I must say that so far the finalists have been pretty ordinary compared to the promise they all showed during the Top 30 shows. I really think that some of the songs chosen have been pretty average. Hopefully the "60's" show next week will give them all a boost.

amanda
14th September 2004, 08:13 AM
I can't believe Hayley was in the bottom 3 - I love her voice - somehow she just conveys so much emotion. Very much like Sarah McLachlan (whom I love)

I'm not an Amali fan - she looks so wooden - like a deer in headlights. Great voice - but no personality IMHO

cazandpaul
14th September 2004, 09:03 AM
Agree about Amali - though the crap Holden and Dicko put on her about her top would be enough for any 16yo to appear wooden (not to mention extremely embarassed).

Although Chanel won't win because of the voting system (underage females), she is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise lacklustre bunch and I can't wait to hear her choice for the 60's show.

AndyP
14th September 2004, 09:07 AM
I was pleased to see Emielia stay.
Really? :? I thought she was shocking. Surprised she didn't make the bottom 3.

I thought Ricki-Lee was the best on the night.

goughy
14th September 2004, 05:35 PM
Emelia is one of my favs (clikchic dosen't know why :? ).

I couldn't really pick it last night. I didn't think haley would be in the bottom 3. But she really has no idea how to move. But her voice is really starting to shine, and she's showing that she can do more than sing ballads.

Clikchic and I both thought casey could have been in trouble; I felt her performance was a bit off; but her fan base and previous performances would pull her through.

I'm not overly surprised by dan going; seems a nice guy but something about his voice; seems too low and not versatile enough.

I could appreciate marty's performance and he's got personality to boot and presence; but that obscure song could have cost him.

No way I can pick the winner; there are some great performers already and some who can grow into great performers. I think riki-lee is a real chance and I think Courtney has a fantastic voice and stage presence and personality (but will it be enough).

Flowergirl
15th September 2004, 06:45 AM
Goughy............I couldn't agree with you more. Spot on what my thoughts are. :lol: ( I think I would be worried if I was you if you think the same as me!!)

amanda
15th September 2004, 08:06 AM
All I can say from last night's show is "GO FLYNN!"

A much better performer than Willie Hung - he can actually dance and work the camera - but at least he admits his singing is crap. And I can't believe he's still in high school!

AndyP
15th September 2004, 12:12 PM
All I can say from last night's show is "GO FLYNN!"

A much better performer than Willie Hung - he can actually dance and work the camera - but at least he admits his singing is crap. And I can't believe he's still in high school!
I thought that the Duffy Sisters were more entertaining. I was hypnotised by the redheads very bad feet movement.

I am hoping that MC Clockboy will be doing a performance in his home suburb soon, as it is a neighbouring suburb to mine. :roll:

goughy
15th September 2004, 04:56 PM
I can't stand fling. He's just a poor imitation of hung. At least hung is genuinally bad, fling is only doing it because he want to try and ride on hungs 'success'. What's worse is that the media promotes it.

It's like sara maria and her bum dance; 'oh I invented it one night with my sisters". Like she's never seen cameron diaz in charlies angles before, and I'd rather watch diaz bum dancing.

clikchic
16th September 2004, 10:05 AM
I want to see Daniel win! ;-) I think he has a fabulous voice and there are not enough men out their with a real strong voice like his. We need a few more male Celine Dion types! LOL

GO DANIEL!

Flowergirl
16th September 2004, 10:15 AM
Just heard a rumour...is it true??? Is Fling really Andylo's love child???????

Ducky
16th September 2004, 11:49 AM
Like seriously, I can't believe that 'Bling Bling' guy is for real. The expression 'Whigga' has never been so appropriate. No wonder his brothers were trying to hide from the camera when they were filming in their house. I am hoping for him to fall over, smash the clock, and stab himself in the eye with the big hand, as it's the wake up call he so obviously needs.

'In da house!'

:roll:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
16th September 2004, 12:52 PM
'In da house!'

Word up, dawg. :wink:

Ducky
20th September 2004, 07:49 PM
Well Amali has been voted off the show much to my disappointment.

:x

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Flowergirl
21st September 2004, 07:14 AM
Yea - she is a pretty girl but you'd have to agree that she had the weakest voice out of the remaining finalists. I still am disappointed with their performances so far. I really hope that someone starts to shine soon.

amanda
21st September 2004, 07:47 AM
I agree with FG & Dicko - an unremarkable voice but she could sell records with that cleavage.

I'm a Hayley fan but her Sunday performance was pretty woeful.

My next pick to go is Marty

AndyP
21st September 2004, 08:16 AM
I agreed with the bottom three, and the departure. They have had the weaker performances, and haven't had an outstanding one yet.

I think Hayley will be next to go. Surely Marty will pick a better song this week.

Ducky
21st September 2004, 12:29 PM
I didn't really care if Amali could sing or not, I wasn't watching the show for the singing.

:wink:

I think Marty is a good pick for the next person to go. I haven't been impresed with any of his performances, and I am surprised he is still in the competition to tell the truth. Everyone claims he brings 'rock' to the competition, but I really don't see how this is so. Ok, so it may appear that way to a bunch of 13 year old teeny boppers, but in actual fact he looks like a Fred Durst knock-off.

Just my opinion.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Flowergirl
27th September 2004, 04:05 PM
Well......who will go tonight. Again last night's show was a bit of a fizzer. I am supposed to be the big Idol fan but I'm slowly starting to lose interest. I really hope that someone comes up with a great performance soon.

amanda
27th September 2004, 04:15 PM
Only 2 performances impressed me last night - Anthony and Rick-Lee. The rest as FG said were very average.

I don't know who to pick for tonight's bottom 3 - will be interesting to watch.

Ducky
27th September 2004, 05:45 PM
I lost interest when Amali left.

:x

The good news is that she'll probably have a modelling career instead.

:D

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

goughy
27th September 2004, 06:04 PM
I think last night was a hard night to judge people on simply because disco is not a genre for pounding out vocals and having songs with lots of meaning. It was more about a beat.

I thought daniel did a good job, I think he is lightning up. amiela did look like pauline hanson :oops:

It really wasn't the best genre to find an idol from. I think many of them did the songs as best as the songs would allow.

Riki Lee is standing out as the favourite for me. She just pounds it out, involves the audience and anyone and is really having a good time. I firmly believe that you can get away with lesser vocal talent if you show the audience you are having fun. People don't want to think that performing is just a job for you. They don't want to think that performing to you is like going to the office.

goughy
27th September 2004, 07:36 PM
Well, marty's been saved again. I'm dissapointed to see amelia go, but that's the way it goes.

Maybe people didn't realise that a vote for amelia was not a vote for pauline hanson.

Ona
27th September 2004, 11:20 PM
she didnt get a fair go? :D

cazandpaul
28th September 2004, 04:30 AM
How much influence do the judges comments have on the 13yo teenage girls - oops I mean the voting public?

It is clear to me that they have favourites and slant their commentary accordingly.

Its all been said before but what is the point of Mark Holden being on TV - I understand he is a decent producer but some of the rubbish he spouts is embarrassing.

As for Marcia - she was a legend in her time but when is she going to actually speak her mind - they are not all as good as she seems to be making out.

goughy
28th September 2004, 06:21 AM
Marcia is just tryikng to be paula abdul in prozac.

Of all the judges she is the one annoying me the most. The others may be harsh at times, but at least they try to be honest and say something sort of constructive (if you can understand all the baby cooing that mark does). All marcia does is tell them they did a good job and that they're a star.

But what really peeves me is the way she interrupts mark and dicko everytime to correct what they are saying. It's bloody annoying. Let them speak there minds marcia. The contestants can handle it. If they can't they're in the wrong industry.

AndyP
28th September 2004, 08:09 AM
It's about time that Amelia went, she was never going to make it.

Although, I thought that Chanel would be going this week, as she was bloody shocking on Sunday. Yet she didn't even get in the bottom three. I think she might have a bit of a fan base.

I think some of the Idols are already guaranteed top 5 and don't need to do anything special until then - Ricki-Lee (best on the night again) and Courtney seem pretty safe.

Marty must put on a great performance this Sunday, as he is running out of chances. It's obvious that he isn't a voter's favourite, as he has been in the bottom three several times, and only got into the final via the judges anyway.

Flowergirl
28th September 2004, 12:47 PM
I agree Andy.......I was suprised to see Chanel through safely. I was a big fan of hers during the top 30 - but since then all she seems to do is goo and simper and sing all cutsie cutsie....doesn't work for me at all.
I agree Marty's was the best he's done - but obviusly not popular with the voting audience.
I was suprised to see Casy in the bottom 3.

Ducky
28th September 2004, 02:41 PM
It's cause he has no hair... it gives the teeny boppers nightmares.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
28th September 2004, 03:26 PM
It's cause he has no hair
Except that thing under his chin. :roll:

goughy
3rd October 2004, 06:28 PM
Can someone PLEASE stick some gaffer tape over marcia's mouth when mark and dicko are speaking. I swear if she dosen't stop interrupting and correcting what they are saying I'm gonna stick my arm through the picture tube and clamp her mouth shut with my hand :evil:

Choppa
3rd October 2004, 06:45 PM
Can someone PLEASE stick some gaffer tape over marcia's mouth when mark and dicko are speaking. I swear if she dosen't stop interrupting and correcting what they are saying I'm gonna stick my arm through the picture tube and clamp her mouth shut with my hand :evil:

I hear ya!!! Even when she speaks in turn she just comes out with rubbish :x
Although I never watch the show of course :oops:

Gotta go, Daniel is getting ready to sing.....oh I am pathetic :(

goughy
3rd October 2004, 06:58 PM
Daniel has one big voice. But he really seems stuck in the classical vocal performer style. I agree with dicko and mark; he really needs to get more flow and movement in his songs. Tear the little finger off my bands singer and stick it on daniel and not even rikki-lee could touch him for idol winner.

The guys potential is huge, he's obviously got a big fan base. I just wanna see him go more fm commercial in his performance than abc am.

Choppa
3rd October 2004, 07:08 PM
That's true.

He has a good voice but I don't think he is a "singer/performer".

Ducky
3rd October 2004, 08:55 PM
Marcia's role is to be supportive and nice, even if it means lying. No-one (ok, maybe some of us) would enjoy watching the show if the contestants were to break into tears because all three of the judges were brutally honest.

A perfect example was tonight with Courtney. Ian Dickson ('Dicko') said that he didn't think Courtney was passionate enough whilst performing the song. This (combined with Mark Holden's comments of 'ordinary, ordinary, ordinary') was almost enough to have Courtney shedding a few tears. Could you imagine if Marcia ripped into him too? Poor old Courtney would have turned up a few hours later sitting in his hotel bath tub with slit wrists.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Choppa
3rd October 2004, 10:01 PM
Marcia's role is to be supportive and nice, even if it means lying. No-one (ok, maybe some of us) would enjoy watching the show if the contestants were to break into tears because all three of the judges were brutally honest.

:cry: :cry: :cry: That's what I want to see. :lol: :lol: :lol:

goughy
4th October 2004, 06:13 AM
[quote="Ducky"]Marcia's role is to be supportive and nice, even if it means lying. No-one (ok, maybe some of us) would enjoy watching the show if the contestants were to break into tears because all three of the judges were brutally honest.

A perfect example was tonight with Courtney. Ian Dickson ('Dicko') said that he didn't think Courtney was passionate enough whilst performing the song. This (combined with Mark Holden's comments of 'ordinary, ordinary, ordinary') was almost enough to have Courtney shedding a few tears. Could you imagine if Marcia ripped into him too? Poor old Courtney would have turned up a few hours later sitting in his hotel bath tub with slit wrists.

I agree with what you're saying. I don't expect marcia to say anything other than sugar and spice to the contestants (apart from chanel, she clearly dislikes her). It's just that whenever dicko or mark open there mouths she butts in and trys to cut them off and tell them that they are wrong.

Unfortunately with dicko and mark being exec's and producer (respectively) I take more stock in what they say than marcia. And as rough as they can be sometimes (I do think to critical and less constuctive at times) the idols may be beginning to realise that the public can be twice as harsh as them.

You just have to look at there reactions to what is being said on the forums. They're the critics they have to worry about, mark and dicko are just a drop in the water.

Flowergirl
4th October 2004, 01:28 PM
Well after saying last week that no one has impressed me so far I am ready to eat my words. Anthony just blew me away last night. I thought it was a very risky choice that could have back fired with his "target" audience of the young female voters but - WOW - it was an amazing performance that left me in tears. Brillant, brillant, brillant.....and not my usual "cup of tea" at all.
I thought that Casey too was outstanding. I actually voted for her - hope she is not in the bottom three tonight - she deserves to stay longer.

Choppa
4th October 2004, 06:20 PM
Well after saying last week that no one has impressed me so far I am ready to eat my words. Anthony just blew me away last night. I thought it was a very risky choice that could have back fired with his "target" audience of the young female voters but - WOW - it was an amazing performance that left me in tears. Brillant, brillant, brillant.....and not my usual "cup of tea" at all.
I thought that Casey too was outstanding. I actually voted for her - hope she is not in the bottom three tonight - she deserves to stay longer.

Anthony is without doubt my favourite for this comp. I can't understand why the judges bag him. I think he always put on a great performance.
On the other hand, I just can't stand Casey. I just can't see what everyone see's in her.
I'm rooting for either her or Chanel to go tonight.

goughy
4th October 2004, 07:47 PM
Well now I'm pissed off. Not only has daniel bell been voted off, but his performance tonite was lightyears ahead of last nights. He well and truely pulled that broomstick out of his butt and finally got it right; 24 hours bloody late.

Clikchic's sitting on the couch crying atm. It was a 'touchdown'. Everything mark and dicko have been telling him to do.

Ducky
4th October 2004, 08:02 PM
Well the only person I expected to be in the bottom three was Hayley... and not because she performed badly, but because she didn't seem to be as popular with the voters as the rest of the idols.

I was really surprised when it was Daniel and Chanel left standing there as the bottom two. Mark Holden confirmed what the rest of us had previously thought, which is, that he doesn't think before he speaks. How could he tell Daniel that Anthony showed him how to perform the classical/opera genre? Anthony performed great last night, no doubts there, but as far as the classical/opera genre goes, Daniel is still trumps.

Anyways, Daniel's departing performance was good enough to have a lot of people in tears, which is only further evidence that there is something wrong with the voting system.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

cazandpaul
5th October 2004, 04:55 AM
Goughy - I agree with you about Daniel's performance last night - the pressure was off and he performed brilliantly - bit like the difference between social and comp golf :)

Looking forward to the Beatles night.

Flowergirl
5th October 2004, 08:14 AM
Ducky..........nothing "wrong" with the voting system. Idol is what it is - a popularity contest.
I agree that it was suprising that Daniel got the least votes. And didn't he perform so well last night. That was a performance that will be remembered for sometime.
What 'gets' me about Casey is that I so believe every word she sings.
Bring on the Beatles night..........now I'm getting into the show. :D

AndyP
5th October 2004, 08:47 AM
Didn't watch the results show last night so I can't comment on Daniel's performance. But I didn't think he had done anything special enough to stay. Monday night performances don't count.

Sunday's show was on tape, so I fast-forwarded through that yesterday to see all the performances. I thought Marty would go (hasn't he used up all of his chances), and was surprised that he wasn't in the bottom three.

I wonder if Courtney can find another gear. I think the Beatles show will suit him.

The Ricki-Lee show marches on.

goughy
5th October 2004, 04:59 PM
Daniel's monday evection performance was probably the next best behind riki-lee and anthony. Unfotunately, as you said, monday's dosen't count. Just wish he'd learnt that before sunday.

Choppa
5th October 2004, 09:07 PM
I was actually glad to see Daniel go. I completly I agreed with Holdens comments about Anthony outdoing Daniel at his own game. Although I thought the timing was poor.

AndyP
6th October 2004, 08:10 AM
I completly I agreed with Holdens comments
Please don't refer to Mark Holden as just Holden.
Isn't it enough that my family has to hide in shame, because we share the same surname? :(

AndyP
11th October 2004, 01:12 PM
No stand outs this week. However, I thought Hayley's was the best performance, although I don't think she has any chance of winning the whole thing.

Chanel or Casey to go tonight. :?

Fishman Dan
11th October 2004, 01:18 PM
Ok, i watched 5 seconds of this last night. Couple of points;

* I have no problems in saying these guys are good singers. Where my problem lies is their 'Interpretations' of great songs. Take the current crop impregnating the charts.... Cosima has an outstanding voice, but her song on the charts is tripe.

* How can anyone forget/not know lyrics to Beatles songs? This takes the 'talent' out of any talent quest i know of. I don't accept the fact that these kids "didn't grow up around Beatles music" - i think the Beatles are a staple for anyone with any interest in the entertainment industry.

AndyP
11th October 2004, 01:32 PM
For most of the idols, their "interpretation", is actually just an interpretation recorded by an artist at a later date to the original artist.

I don't know the lyrics to Beatles songs, but I agree that forgetting lyrics is inexcusable.

Flowergirl
11th October 2004, 04:43 PM
Yep...........shouldn't forget your lyrics.........but I did feel for them. I thought Chanel & Marty were the best last night. Hayley was almost there but when she tripped up she was rattled for the rest of her performance.
I thought Anthony was too "Young Talent Time" and Ricky Lee was pretty ordinary.
And I know that it's only me - but I just don't get Courtney at all. But then again - I couldn't see anything in Shannon last year either. And look how far he's come along.
I think either Casey or Marty will go tonight - but hey - I've been wrong every week so far :lol:

goughy
11th October 2004, 07:39 PM
WTF :shock: I'm so pissed off I don't even wanna watch anymore (won't happen tho).

terryand
11th October 2004, 07:40 PM
WOW...Ricki Lee....Didn't see that coming :shock:

Terry.

Onewood
11th October 2004, 07:44 PM
WTF :shock: I'm so pissed off I don't even wanna watch anymore (won't happen tho).

You did'nt put in enough SMS's in thats why :wink: :D

Fishman Dan
11th October 2004, 09:37 PM
WOW...Ricki Lee....Didn't see that coming :shock:

Terry.

RL was the only act I saw last night, and i thought she outright sucked ;)

I thought Anthony was too "Young Talent Time"

I thought that's what they are after?! :roll:

Too often these guys just sing the words to a song, rather than relate the song to the audience.

terryand
11th October 2004, 10:15 PM
RL was the only act I saw last night, and i thought she outright sucked ;)

Fishy I thought they all sucked last night.

Tough ask,asking kids to learn and sing a song in a week that was written 20 years before they where even born.

I thought RL's fan base would have got her thru, she has been the stand out up till last night.

Terry.

amanda
12th October 2004, 07:01 AM
I was in complete shock after last night's verdict as my pick for the final 3 was Ricki-Lee, Anthony and Courtney.

I can't believe Marty is still in the competition - he reminds me of the red-head kid that was on American idol :?

Fishman Dan
12th October 2004, 07:58 AM
Tough ask,asking kids to learn and sing a song in a week that was written 20 years before they where even born.

I agree, but the Beatles is simple melodies and basic rhyming couplets, if they can reproduce Portishead then surely these kids can sing some Beatles. And I stand by my statement that if you don't appreciate the Beatles, you don't deserve to be in the industry ;)

I had no choice about learning the Beatles, being the 3rd kid of 3 i was the one that had to sit in the middle of the back seat of the Kingswood during the drive to Melbourne holding the cassette player 8)

Flowergirl
12th October 2004, 08:30 AM
I was in complete shock after last night's verdict as my pick for the final 3 was Ricki-Lee, Anthony and Courtney.

I can't believe Marty is still in the competition - he reminds me of the red-head kid that was on American idol :?

I agree with your top three prediction Amanda. Marty reminding you of the red headed kid????? - oh of course!! same hair colour :wink:

Yep....I too was stunned that Ricki Lee was in the bottom three - let alone voted out. And boy - Casey not even making the bottom three - after her bad bad performance. Think anyone that liked her at all gave her the sympathy vote. Would have loved to see Ricki Lee performing next week in the "80's" night. She would have been in her element.
Courtney and Anthony would be rapt to see her go - cruel I know - but it would be true.

amanda
12th October 2004, 08:46 AM
Brad has a conspiracy theory - her voice has been getting a little rough recently and they've doctored the votes to get her off and stitch her up into a recording deal - she doesn't need to win the comp 8)

AndyP
12th October 2004, 08:55 AM
Any chance there was a miscount of the votes and Ricki-Lee will come back like Bree in Big Brother 4 style?

Thinking of boycotting the show now. What a joke! The rest of them are hacks. :x

Kee
12th October 2004, 09:07 AM
I was shocked to hear Ricky-Lee was voted off last night. I thought she was the best entertainer/performer out of the lot by a long way. I've now lost interest in the show as the only 2 albums I would consider buying would be Ricki-Lee and Courtney.

Ducky
12th October 2004, 01:44 PM
Ducky..........nothing "wrong" with the voting system.
Uh huh...

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Choppa
12th October 2004, 01:49 PM
Someone please explain to me what everyone sees in Casey :shock:

She's morbid looking, answers questions with a one word response and her voice is just so.....annoying :x

I just don't get it at all :?

AndyP
12th October 2004, 01:57 PM
Choppa, I'm not sure what goes through 13 to 15 year old girls (the voters) minds can be explained.

Bruce
12th October 2004, 02:25 PM

She's morbid looking, answers questions with a one word response and her voice is just so.....annoying :x

I just don't get it at all :?

Casey appeals to people like Casey. Thousands of overweight teenage girls see Casey and think "OMG !! WTF!! BBQ!!! THAT COOD BE ME!!!"

Think of them as "aspirational" Idle voters.

Ricky-Lee looked too much like a "popular" girl and so was swatted down by the vengeful almost-goth chicks.

Flowergirl
12th October 2004, 03:28 PM
ok for the record...I am not
a. a teenage girl
b. overweight and morbid
c. vegeful against Ricki Lee

I really love her voice ( ok except for "Eleanor Rigby" - that was a shocker). When she sings I really believe the story she is telling and the transformation that occurs when she is singing is amazing. She is not manufactured ( yet) and doesn't spend half of her performance trying to excite the crowd and produce "Idol Moments". I have loved some of her song choices - loved the George song and Grace Slick - looking forward to hearing what she sings next week.

Ok...she is not little miss personality plus but this should be a performance based show and not a personality based show. It isn't Big Brother and I think we again are being manipulated by the t.v. if we really think we know anything about who these kids really are.
So - thats my opinion - for what it's worth. It's also shared by my daughter - and I can assure you she too is not overweight, vengeful or morbid. :wink:

Ducky
12th October 2004, 05:19 PM
Ricky-Lee looked too much like a "popular" girl and so was swatted down by the vengeful almost-goth chicks.
You're onto something!

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Choppa
12th October 2004, 06:36 PM

Ah....the almost-goth chicks. I should have seen it coming. They have been waiting for their time to stike, and it's now upon us :twisted:

And now that I have got everyone in the right frame of mind, let's start on Courtney.
What a waste of tallent. This is the Australian Idol Courtney, not the RSL Idol. :wink: :lol:

Ok the stirring is over now.

AndyP
12th October 2004, 07:27 PM
What a waste of tallent. This is the Australian Idol Courtney, not the RSL Idol. :wink: :lol:
His voice his fine, it just doesn't look like he has another level to step up to.

AndyP
18th October 2004, 02:18 PM
Who's going to disappear tonight?
Hayley was the weakest performance last night for me. And her movement is worse than what Shannon Noll's was.

I thought the performances were pretty good overall, with Courtney being the best of the night.

Marty was good, but as much as I love Back to the Future, his voice just doesn't do anything for me.
Casey did a good job with her song, so I think she will stay another week.
Chanel was good in spots, but is all over the place.
Anthony was good too, but I'm not a fan of his deep voice.

The key word is 'good', not great.

Bring back Ricki-Lee.

amanda
18th October 2004, 02:47 PM
I still do not understand how Marty is still in the competition - sure, for a 90 second song he's ok - but I could not listen to a whole CD of his whiney voice (that's just my opinion!)

I'm not sure Casey's performance was the best. As usual - Chanel, Anthony and Courtney were tops.

I agree with AndyP - bring back Ricki-Lee!

goughy
18th October 2004, 05:29 PM
And they're still bringing riki-lee up in there advertising.

I think overall last night was a good night for most, no-one produced there out and out best, but the level was up a notch, and I think riki-lee going made them realise just how quickly the rug can be pulled out from under you.

I think courtney's problem is that he produced his best at the start (maybe feeling he needed to to stay around) and while I don't think he's gone backwards, he maybe has nothing more to show. I think he's got a great voice and knows how to move a song around.

I'd pick haley, casey and baldy as the bottom 3. As much as I hate to say it I think haley's in trouble. I would have loved to have heard her sing Sam Brown's 'Stop' instead of chanel, but them's the breaks. Very weak song choice from her and it may cost. She really needs to pick songs she dosen't have to dance to.

Jarro
18th October 2004, 07:55 PM

.. hopefully ALL of them :roll:

sorry, couldn't help myself... i'll leave now :wink:

Iain
18th October 2004, 07:57 PM

Gotta keep the post count moving hey Jarro.... :roll: :wink:

Jarro
18th October 2004, 08:04 PM

Gotta keep the post count moving hey Jarro.... :roll: :wink:

not at all Unit ... i just thought i'd drop in on this stupid thread about the worst show on television, and express an opinion.

AndyP
19th October 2004, 06:57 AM
No big surprises with Marty's departure last night, even though it was after one of his better performances.
The missus thought his performance in the elim show was pretty good too.

Hayley somehow survives yet another week.
Is she really top 5 material? :?

I just can't see any of them as the Australian Idol and selling the same amount of records that Guy and Shannon have.

amanda
19th October 2004, 07:41 AM
Woohoo - Marty has left the building :D I didn't think he deserved to be in the Top 12 anyway so I'm glad he's out.

Next week Hayley and Casey have to step up to the mark - otherwise one of them will be next.

Flowergirl
19th October 2004, 09:04 AM
Yep............the top three this week had no big suprises like the last few. Marty did well to get as far as he did - I still think he is good even though he's probably not as versatile as he should be.
Although I still can't make my mind up who should win - I really don't think any of them are worthy of the title. I really don't know what went wrong this year. Same voting format as last year - but this year it just hasn't produced the goods.

mike
19th October 2004, 03:20 PM
Marty stayed about a month too long.
Chanel is one of the sexiest women I've ever seen , but won't win.
Casey has one hell of a voice ,and absolutely beautiful eyes , check 'em out, but I get the feeling she's going to go soon.
Hayley just doesn't look confident enough, but has a truly unique voice.Won't win.
Courtney is my favourite, has the personality and oozes music. I hope he wins, but he won't.
Anthony has by far the best voice, heaps of confidence, not much of a personality unfortunately. But he'll win it anyway.
Mark is a tosser.
Marcia is a bore.
Dicko is a legend.

i just thought i'd drop in on this stupid thread about the worst show on television, and express an opinion.
It's a great show. Good family viewing.
Don't like ? Don't watch.

Iain
19th October 2004, 03:31 PM
I actually saw some of this series on Sunday night, not the whole show, but about 20mins of it, for all you idol lovers,

- is Haley always that flat and dull when she is singing, or was that one of her worst performances?? :smt015 And what is going on with that dancing (If you could call it that.... :smt081 )

I watched most of the first series with the Mrs, but haven't really seen any of this one....

Iain

Choppa
19th October 2004, 06:56 PM
Chanel is one of the sexiest women I've ever seen , but won't win.

:smt078

Casey has one hell of a voice ,and absolutely beautiful eyes , check 'em out, but I get the feeling she's going to go soon.

:smt078 :smt078

mike
19th October 2004, 09:28 PM
Choppa, how articulate.

Ducky
19th October 2004, 10:15 PM
Chanel is one of the sexiest women I've ever seen...
We're talking about the same Chanel?

:?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

mike
19th October 2004, 10:49 PM
We're talking about the same Chanel?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

There's only one Chanel on Aus idol as far as I know.

Kind regards,

Mike

Ducky
19th October 2004, 11:15 PM
That's what I thought...

:smt069

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

markTHEblake
20th October 2004, 11:38 AM
Looking at who is left on Australian idol, its obvious its only talent thats keeping em there, cos they aint got the looks (except for the pretty boy).

I couldnt tell a good singer from a drunken wino, but the missus can, and she reckons Casey has the most talent, but that alone cant take her all the way - she needs the looks to get her over the line. Its cruel to say it (the judges already did i think) but an overweight female wont win.
(becuase generally men are cruel and shallow)

But then again who would have thought that a Christian Virgin would be one of australias biggest stars.

However being fat dont matter for a bloke - the ladies are not bastards like men, and will therefore not take into account looks when they vote.

Courtney will win, the pretty boy 2nd. Chanel 3rd.

Ducky
20th October 2004, 03:52 PM
However being fat dont matter for a bloke - the ladies are not bastards like men, and will therefore not take into account looks when they vote.
I must be socialising with the wrong people...

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jarro
20th October 2004, 05:55 PM

i don't.

mike
20th October 2004, 07:44 PM

i don't.

If you don't watch it, how do you know it's bad ?

Bruce
20th October 2004, 07:51 PM
I don't have to go to a pig sty to know that it stinks

-Qld Cultural Minister

amanda
20th October 2004, 08:00 PM
I thought pigs were actually meant to be very clean animals :?:

Jarro
20th October 2004, 08:01 PM

i don't.

If you don't watch it, how do you know it's bad ?

'cos while i'm out here chatting with you guys, my missus is in the other room watching it ... i can hear every performance clear as a bell :x

mike
20th October 2004, 08:05 PM
*snip*

Ducky
21st October 2004, 06:26 AM
I thought pigs were actually meant to be very clean animals...
Apart from the rolling in their own filth...

:smt106

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
25th October 2004, 12:58 PM
Didn't watch it last night. (Who cares now that Ricki-Lee is gone anyway? :cry:)

Anyone want to give me an update of the hacks "performances"?
Was the theme R & B?
Who's going to go this week?

Flowergirl
25th October 2004, 02:19 PM
I think the producers of Idol are at the moment scratching their heads and wondering how they got it so wrong. No one is producing anything that is better than ok and for a talent show that is supposed to showcase the nation's best - well - say no more :?

Flowergirl
25th October 2004, 03:37 PM
It is scarey that from 50,000 auditons this is the "best 5". #-o

By the way, where are we meeting Friday night FG ?

Taco Bills in Mornington - 7.30 - are you bringing your wife???

Flowergirl
25th October 2004, 04:14 PM
No wife....I told you I was down on a pleasure trip. :wink:

I'd meet up with you - but I'd have to bring John. ( sorry - my daughter is busy)

markTHEblake
25th October 2004, 04:43 PM
Last night i noticed that the contestants all have backing vocalists - that i just dont get??

goughy
25th October 2004, 06:44 PM
Last night i noticed that the contestants all have backing vocalists - that i just dont get??

They have at times had them before. Just trying to make the whole experience larger than life I spose. Or maybe make them seem better than they produced.

Choppa
25th October 2004, 09:06 PM
It is scarey that from 50,000 auditons this is the "best 5". #-o

By the way, where are we meeting Friday night FG ?

I hear ya. I'm sure I could go out on any Saturday night and hear better performances. By 12 pints and 2am, even I rock 8)

amanda
26th October 2004, 08:16 AM
Disappointed to see Chanel go last night but she seemed like the logical choice. Is it me or does the talent seem very average this year?

AndyP
26th October 2004, 08:37 AM
Is it me or does the talent seem very average this year?
It's not you.

I didn't watch this weeks, but friends told me that they thought Hayley would have to go this week. She survives again. :shock:
Yep, she's in the top 4 of unsigned singers in this country. :roll:

They also had a theory that the judges stuffed up in the preliminary eliminations, by getting rid of people because they couldn't learn a song in a night, and couldn't sing within those groups of 5, although their voices may have been great.

goughy
28th October 2004, 07:27 PM
Lookin' forward to big band night. We do 4 of the songs being performed so it will be interesting to see them. I'm expecting anthony and courtney to shine. And I'm hoping haley's voice will shine through and that she will stand still or maybe sit on a stool or something.

Choppa
28th October 2004, 08:35 PM
We do 4 of the songs being performed so it will be interesting to see them.

What's the story here Goughy? Are you a performer?

goughy
28th October 2004, 09:30 PM
I just hang around with musicians. Can you guess my hobby?

Choppa
28th October 2004, 09:40 PM
I just hang around with musicians. Can you guess my hobby?

You must have 2. Drugs and Alcohol :smt030 :smt028

goughy
8th November 2004, 08:43 PM
Man oh man oh man oh maaaaaaaan.

I really wanted to see courtney get through. I reckon it would have been pretty close between courtney and casey. Bugger.

AndyP
9th November 2004, 10:03 AM
I stopped watching it, and don't really care anymore.
And I am sure I am not the only one, as this particular thread hasn't had much activity.

Anthony would be a shoe-in now, wouldn't he?

Fishman Dan
9th November 2004, 10:12 AM
Now, political correctness aside, and we all know my love for this show... :roll: ... but there was no chance in hell that a fatty-boombah was ever going to win this 'talent' show.

That little ferretty looking bloke has it made, i am sure he's practicing his best shopping-centre autograph as we speak.

Discussed briefly last night - a friend commented that the girl with the 'largesse' has no personality. No wonder is it? She spent all her life with all the other kids pointing at her and giggling?! No conversation going on there, no chance of building a personality around it.

Now, time to test my Channel 7 conspiracy theory - although i am sure their SMS-spoiling budget can't even be enough to topple the little fella.

Choppa
9th November 2004, 12:26 PM
I want Casey to win!!!

I would just love to see them try and market her and to see her album FLOP. :twisted:

But in the end do they really care? I'm sure all the $$ they bring in from the TV show itself overrides any real interest in seeing the singer actually make it :x

BrisVegas
9th November 2004, 12:36 PM
Although I don't watch Idol anymore, I appreciate that it's on all the time. It gives me a regular time when I can leave the couch and jump on ozgolf.net to see what's going on. :wink:

I didn't see any of this week's performances, but I've been impressed with Courtney and Anthony. None of them have been a patch on Guy Sebastian, Shannon or Cossima etc..

You're right choppa, I'd also like to see what they can do with Casey from a marketing point of view. Not sure she'll sell many posters!! :shock: That little fella Anthony will be all over 8-12 y.o. girls walls I reckon! 8)

Fishman Dan
9th November 2004, 01:56 PM
None of them have been a patch on Guy Sebastian, Shannon or Cossima etc..

And that in itself speaks volumes :roll: :lol:

Ducky
14th November 2004, 03:54 AM
I can't say I really enjoyed Courtney all that much whilst he was actually still on the show (probably because he was portrayed as being too emotional), but I have totally changed my opinion of him after watching his interview on Rove Live. He was actually a real breathe of fresh air as compared to the previous Idol-Evictees, and I found him to be quite witty and humourous.

In relation to the final show, I'm not real fond of either of them to tell the truth, but if I had to pick someone, I would pick Anthony. Why? Because nothing on the show had annoyed me as much as the other night when Marcia would not pipe down in relation to Casey going through. When she was asked who she thought was leaving out of Anthony and Courtney, she once again started up about Casey.

"Hey! That's great, Marcia! Now SHUT THE **** UP!"

Either way, both of them will get a recording deal, but the real winners have been Channel Ten and Telstra (who I am sure will be stockpiled with phone recharge cards after Australian Idol ends).

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
14th November 2004, 10:17 AM
My missus was actually getting a bit sick of Courtney. She thought he was getting a bit arrogant, and got too offended by the judges criticisms.

"Hey! That's great, Marcia! Now SHUT THE @#$% UP!"
Words, that I am sure are said in many Australian homes. :x

AndyP
14th November 2004, 10:26 PM
I watched Aus Idol for the first time in a few weeks tonight.

Thought Anthony would be a shoe-in, but he was pretty ordinary tonight, and I felt that his last performance was the only good one.

Seemed like Casey was going pretty well, and I was impressed by her first two performances. However, she totally stuffed her night, when she forgot some of the words to a song, yet again.

BTW, how dud is that new song. I thought it was bloody boring.

Anyway, my vote is:
Bring back Ricki-Lee.

But if I have to pick one of the remaining two, then I would lean towards Casey, in a last show change of mind.

goughy
15th November 2004, 07:41 AM
I think it's pretty bad that she forgot the words to the song she will be releasing if she wins. That's the 4th time she has forgotten song words (not including once in a monday night group performance) and I really find that appalling.

Anyway, I probably would have liked riki-lee to win, but hey, I didn't vote.

I think anthony will win, but I don't really care. At least casey has increased her vocabulary to more than just grunts and yeh's when she's asked a question.

Flowergirl
15th November 2004, 08:53 AM
Go Casey, Go Casey :wink:

Fishman Dan
15th November 2004, 09:13 AM

Fat chance.

:smt082 :smt081 :smt044 :smt043

Flowergirl
15th November 2004, 07:21 PM
So Fishy - you think Anthony is the "short odds" favourite!!!!! :lol:

Iain
15th November 2004, 07:26 PM
Wow, 2 bad jokes in a row, who would've thought..... :shock: :?

If it was going to happen, I thought for sure that G69 would be involved..... :roll: :P

Iain

Fishman Dan
16th November 2004, 09:07 AM
So Fishy - you think Anthony is the "short odds" favourite!!!!! :lol:

=D> :lol:

FG - i've slept on this one, i've got nuthin'. Well done :smt038

Flowergirl
16th November 2004, 10:42 AM
Phew..I'm glad cos I've been trying to think of a comeback to your comeback - and I've got nothing either. :wink:

Onewood
21st November 2004, 07:52 PM
The Bloopers "Auditions" are the best :D

Fishman Dan
21st November 2004, 09:26 PM

Fat chance.

:smt082 :smt081 :smt044 :smt043

I stand corrected! Ok, i am sitting at my PC and heard the announcement - i am in stitches. I think there needs to be a senate inquiry into this.

Thankfully we've all turned a blind eye to 69's betting tips. We have, haven't we?

To top it all off - when she was asked to sing her song, she said something that will never be forgotten - "What's the first line?"

Ducky
21st November 2004, 09:39 PM
Got rigged?

Seriously, this can't be for real. She forgets her song lines, can't string together a complete sentence, almost made me throw up when she did her touch down at the end, yet somehow still managed to become Australian Idol. Personally, I think she deserved to lose due to her cousin's song performance alone. I can see how the musical talent runs in the family.

Okay, rant over.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Flowergirl
22nd November 2004, 08:24 AM
ok for the record...I am not
a. a teenage girl
b. overweight and morbid
c. vegeful against Ricki Lee

I really love her voice ( ok except for "Eleanor Rigby" - that was a shocker). When she sings I really believe the story she is telling and the transformation that occurs when she is singing is amazing. She is not manufactured ( yet) and doesn't spend half of her performance trying to excite the crowd and produce "Idol Moments". I have loved some of her song choices - loved the George song and Grace Slick - looking forward to hearing what she sings next week.

Ok...she is not little miss personality plus but this should be a performance based show and not a personality based show. It isn't Big Brother and I think we again are being manipulated by the t.v. if we really think we know anything about who these kids really are.
So - thats my opinion - for what it's worth. It's also shared by my daughter - and I can assure you she too is not overweight, vengeful or morbid. :wink:

Looks like a lot of other Australian viewers agree with me. :wink:
And she knew the words to her song last night guys...........I thought her performance last night was stunning - blew me away. Just give her a break.
Glad I didn't put my fortune on that sure bet!!!

Jarro
22nd November 2004, 08:48 AM
from the little that i've seen of this show, the little gay fella should've romped it in in terms of technique and ability .... his voice , for me, was far and away much better than the girls.

Fishman Dan
22nd November 2004, 08:49 AM
And she knew the words to her song last night guys...........I thought her performance last night was stunning - blew me away

Now i know the saying is "If you've got nothing nice to say...."

But were we watching the same thing?????? She had to be prompted for her first line? Fair enough, emotion of the moment, yaddah yaddah.... but her singing these songs comes across as completely unnatural.

I saw her perfomance this morning - as much as I dislike the show (openly) - i've really got to say that i cringed listening to her sing. Again, she was possibly hamstrung with emotion, but she couldn't hold a note.

Something went wrong in this Idol campaign, again to echo all of your comments earlier, when that Ricky girl left it was all over.

AndyP
22nd November 2004, 09:03 AM
I laughed my head off when the announcement was made. Seemed like a fitting end to the series to me. :lol:

So who is going to be lining up outside Sanity or HMV for the single next Monday morning? :roll:

Jarro
22nd November 2004, 09:07 AM
they just said on the news that she'll be heading to the recording studio TODAY to start work on her album. It is slated to be completed in 8 days :shock:

.. talk about the machine kicking into gear quickly :roll:

Fishman Dan
22nd November 2004, 09:10 AM
they just said on the news that she'll be heading to the recording studio TODAY to start work on her album. It is slated to be completed in 8 days :shock:

.. talk about the machine kicking into gear quickly :roll:

It'll take more than 8 days to iron out those creases...

OK OK! I'm going now....

markTHEblake
22nd November 2004, 09:23 AM
Now the thing is, these bookies really know their stuff.

You know better than most that all the bookies are doing is balancing the book, its stuff all to do with who they think or know will win.

Well what a surprise this was.
First they(we) said a virgin christian couldnt win.
then they(we) said the fat chick cant win.

What a great couple of results for breaking the stereotypes of 'pop' stars, and both are fantastic role models for people like them.

The thing is, who is going to win it next year - Steady Eddy?

Fishman Dan
22nd November 2004, 09:25 AM

I think Makybe Diva is a real chance.

amanda
22nd November 2004, 09:31 AM
Go Casey! I agree with FG (and the rest of the nation) - a beautiful voice, maybe not as "technically" perfect as Anthony's - but no matter what she's singing, she somehow conveys the emotion of the song - I've only felt that once with an Anthony performance (when he sang the Prayer).

Can't wait to hear the rest of her album :D

Jarro
22nd November 2004, 09:32 AM

i'd like to think it won't be on again next year, but i doub't that'll happen :(

Fishman Dan
22nd November 2004, 09:40 AM

I think it's already been released? You can sing along to most of the songs at any late night Japanese restaurant or bar?

Flowergirl
22nd November 2004, 09:46 AM
Go Casey! I agree with FG (and the rest of the nation) - a beautiful voice, maybe not as "technically" perfect as Anthony's - but no matter what she's singing, she somehow conveys the emotion of the song - I've only felt that once with an Anthony performance (when he sang the Prayer).

Thanks Amanda.............another fellow golfer with a soul :)

AndyP
22nd November 2004, 10:02 AM
I think it's already been released? You can sing along to most of the songs at any late night Japanese restaurant or bar?
And just like Casey, I'll need the bouncy ball to help me through the lyrics. :mrgreen:

I actually think that Casey has more vocal talent, she just didn't deserve to win.

AndyP
22nd November 2004, 03:40 PM
Just heard the new song on the radio before.
Pretty ordinary. :smt078

Choppa
22nd November 2004, 03:47 PM
Oh the poor Australian entertainment industry.....what hope does it have when Casey is the very "best" that Australia has to offer :cry:

Ducky
23rd November 2004, 04:14 AM
PML!

:smt036

AndyP
6th December 2004, 04:47 PM
This is sure to be a number one. :roll:

http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/DEC/120792_AUS_06DEC2004.html

What About Me singer changes classic tune

Noll updates C'mon Aussie C'mon

Cricinfo staff

December 6, 2004

The classic C'mon Aussie C'mon jingle will be released by Shannon Noll to give a new generation of fans something to hum over Christmas. The Mojo Singers' song, first heard during World Series Cricket, has been re-worked with a modern feel by Noll, the former Australian Idol runner-up.

Lillee is no longer pounding down like a machine and the Chappells have lost the killer gleam, so Graeme Koos, Nine's cricket executive producer, updated the lyrics to find places for McGrath, Gillespie, Ponting and Warne. "It was just a good idea at the time," Koos told the Daily Telegraph. "I think everyone is sick of hearing 'Aussie, Aussie Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi' - we thought people needed something new to sing along to and it steamrollered from there."

Noll, a former regional New South Wales player, said he was "stoked" to be chosen because he sang the original as a child. "We would throw a ball around the lounge room and dive on to the couch to catch it, acting out the song almost," he said. The re-make will be released on December 19 and will raise money for the Good Start Breakfast Club.

Fishman Dan
6th December 2004, 08:47 PM
Haven't they ruined enough classic songs?? This is completely unorstrayleyan. :roll:

Speaking of which - National Karaoke Championships Final this weekend on SBS. Interestingly the Exec Producer is Michael Gudinski - Mushroom Records.

Ducky
7th December 2004, 05:38 AM
Has anyone been keeping track of 'The X Factor'? It looks like a cheesey rip off of Australian Idol, but does anyone know the full story?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

McMw
7th December 2004, 10:02 AM
Has anyone been keeping track of 'The X Factor'? It looks like a cheesey rip off of Australian Idol, but does anyone know the full story?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

a rip-off of the Austalian Idol??? Puhleezzz.....
As if the Austalian Idol isn't a rip-off... :lol:

The same guy (Simon Fuller) who came up with Pop Idol (UK), created American Idol, created X Factor...

Also the same guy responsible for launching the Spice Girls into our lives.... :x :x :x :x :x :x