PDA

View Full Version : Umbrellas

bergsey
31st July 2017, 02:43 PM
I had the top blow off my clicgear umbrella on the weekend, it looks like one of the wires holding the top canopy on has come off at some stage. Also had the same with a Ping umbrella prior to this, was expensive but fell apart pretty easily.

Can anyone recommend a decent double canopy umbrella? I have a Nike one as well which has a better attachment of the top canopy (rope material vs wires) but the handle doesn't fit in the clicgear cart!

Cheers

3Puttpete
31st July 2017, 02:49 PM
Bunnings. $10

3oneday
31st July 2017, 02:55 PM
Gustbuster, lifetime warranty (which I have used successfully after one had some bits fall off).

Golfbox sell them, $80 odd.

Lagerlover
31st July 2017, 03:15 PM
Gustbuster as a normal umbrella.I have a smoothy with a long handle for the clicgear, which allows me to get under it.

Hard_Pan
31st July 2017, 03:51 PM
had the same with a Ping umbrella prior to this, was expensive but fell apart pretty easily.

Cheers O-Oh! Just bought one. Bugger!! Was it the black/white 68inch one?

mrbluu
31st July 2017, 04:00 PM
I had the top blow off my clicgear umbrella on the weekend, it looks like one of the wires holding the top canopy on has come off at some stage. Also had the same with a Ping umbrella prior to this, was expensive but fell apart pretty easily.

Can anyone recommend a decent double canopy umbrella? I have a Nike one as well which has a better attachment of the top canopy (rope material vs wires) but the handle doesn't fit in the clicgear cart!

Cheers

I got a couple of these that are around 10years old.
https://www.titleist.com.au/golf-gear/accessories-double-canopy-umbrella

bergsey
31st July 2017, 07:43 PM
O-Oh! Just bought one. Bugger!! Was it the black/white 68inch one? Yep but got it about 3 years ago so might have changed design?

BUSHY
31st July 2017, 08:29 PM
Gustbuster as a normal umbrella.I have a smoothy with a long handle for the clicgear, which allows me to get under it.

My Titleist umbrella is a GustBuster. Awesome umbrella, easily the best I've had. Survived some pretty sh*tty weather and still going strong

thecollective
31st July 2017, 09:16 PM
had nothing but bad experiences with umbrellas

Nike job cost me $60 - connection arms snapped - then my cutter and buck umbi snapped two weeks ago

onto the Mizuno one that matches my bag - no feeback as yet but steer well clear of the above two brands

Hard_Pan
15th May 2020, 01:55 PM
Just had a spar break on the Ping umbrella I mentioned above. Haven't had that much rain in Adelaide since 2017 so am pretty annoyed, despite the time elapsed. Have queried warranty with Golfbox but no answer yet. Might go with a Gustbuster next although the Cickgear umbrellas are on special at the moment and I'd be curious whether they do fit well with my buggy as claimed.

wazamac
15th May 2020, 02:20 PM
Next time I will be looking for one with a long handle. Can't stand walking hunched over.

markTHEblake
15th May 2020, 03:50 PM
Thats great theClicgears are on special, i might even buy one as a spare, they are great

Hard_Pan
20th May 2020, 01:40 PM
My new Clicgear Umbrella arrived yesterday. Was keenly priced with the golfbox special, seems pretty well constructed and yes, the handle does snuggly fit into the buggy holder so plus, plus, plus there. However, the spars seem identical in construction and material used, to the last two umbrellas I've had that've failed.

Now that I'm aware of that and what can go wrong, I guess my only option is to take extra care opening and shutting and possibly not using on extra windy days.

See how long it lasts..

thecollective
23rd May 2020, 08:21 PM
Today I played in (at times) heavy rain. My $15 Aldi umbrella held up to the task no problem. Even seem to dry really quickly. I am super impressed

ALDI, Good, different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WBennett
23rd May 2020, 09:16 PM
The Costco Adidas twin pack are fantastic. Bought 2 of them, the little ones live in the cars or kids school bags, and the 60 inchers are going strong 3 or 4 years later.

Flavzz
23rd May 2020, 11:47 PM
Literally had my TM umbrella snap on me today and that was only because it caught a gust of wind and then pulled my buggy and bag down on top of it. I was very impressed and I've had this in some pretty bad conditions over the past 6 or 7 years. Might have to look at the clicgear ones.

BUSHY
24th May 2020, 08:34 AM
My Titleist umbrella is a GustBuster. Awesome umbrella, easily the best I've had. Survived some pretty sh*tty weather and still going strong

This umbrella is STILL going hard. Not a thing wrong with it. I think I’ve had it since 2014 and it gets plenty of use up here during the wet season. It’s wide, tall enough on a clicgear and bulletproof in the wind.

Hard_Pan
25th May 2020, 10:30 AM
My new Clicgear Umbrella arrived yesterday. Was keenly priced with the golfbox special, seems pretty well constructed and yes, the handle does snuggly fit into the buggy holder so plus, plus, plus there. However, the spars seem identical in construction and material used, to the last two umbrellas I've had that've failed.

Now that I'm aware of that and what can go wrong, I guess my only option is to take extra care opening and shutting and possibly not using on extra windy days.

See how long it lasts..

It lasted two outings! :roll:

Snapped a spar in the exact spot as the Ping umbrella as I was opening it.

Crap!!

3Puttpete
25th May 2020, 10:42 AM
It lasted two outings! :roll:Snapped a spar in the exact spot as the Ping umbrella as I was opening it. Crap!! Bunnings umbrellas are $10

BobsYourUncle
25th May 2020, 02:12 PM
It lasted two outings! :roll:

Snapped a spar in the exact spot as the Ping umbrella as I was opening it.

Crap!!

Try the CostCo Adidas ones. If you're not a member let me know and I can buy you one next time I go.

Hard_Pan
25th May 2020, 02:24 PM
Not a member of Costco but I will keep the offer in mind (thanks BYU). This umbrella was purchased from Golfbox so I'm waiting their response. I expect they'll give me another one but I might be able to wrangle a good deal on a gustbuster.