PDA

View Full Version : Trung how is life in Indianapolis?

gazgolf1
1st July 2006, 01:25 PM
Hey Trungo I want to know what life is like in Indianapolis....I'm not talking about how many times you change your jocks but what does your day consist of... do you go to Starbucks on your way to work and order a double decaf mocha latte skinny chino?.
We have (well some of us) seen your girly but where do you go out on the drink,what do you drink?,hows the weather?, all that sh!t.

Jarro
1st July 2006, 02:32 PM
maybe some pic's of your apartment and things of interest around the place too mate ...... give us a lowdown of the general area ;)

Trung
2nd July 2006, 05:54 AM
Life is busy here.. I played 9 holes of golf in the last 6 weeks. Been to the range less than a dozen time after work.

Indianapolis is a small city, its about the same size as Newcastle or Wollongong.

http://www.indy.org/

INDY Sports

The 2 biggest car events here are the INDY 500 and the United States F1 both at the same race track. There is a Nascar event here also.
The Indy 500 at the end of May and the F1 is on this weekend.

The Indiana Colts (NFL) and Indiana Pacers (NBA) are based here. People are crazy about them.

INDY Night Life

Broad Ripple is suppose to be the trendy area of Indianapolis. It's tiny, there are 2 blocks of shops & clubs similar to Oxford Street at Sydney. Corona is my choice of beer, Fosters everynow and then just to show that I'm not a local :smt002 .

General Life and Work

A mate came last month to LA, I went to see him and went to Vegas for 4 days. Las Vegas = Lost Wages. Its the biggest gambling city of the world. There are gambling tables 3m from the street. Its crazy there.

Traveling for work is good, I was at Atlanta this week. The 1996 olympics were held there, its a massive city very similar to Sydney.

I have work trips to Denver, Colorado (Sept), Las Vegas, Nevada (Aug), Hong Kong (Oct) in the next 3 months.

There is a trip to the 2006 CES at Las Vegas on the first week of Jan 2007.

Next weekend, I'm heading down to Cincinnati. A lady friend from sydney is staying with me and she is going to attempt at qualifying for the 2006 US Women's Amatuer.

On top of that, I have 2 trips to Sydney. One is for work (July) and the other one for a wedding(Oct)... Its busy time for me over the next 3 months. Not much time for golf :???: :( .

The first thing I packed when I left Sydney was my golf bag, I'm not getting much use from it.

After November, winter will be cold, I have never seen snow :confused: , so its gonna be cold cold cold.

Grunt
2nd July 2006, 06:17 AM
Trung, Is Indy one of those cities in the US that has a climate that makes you stay inside in Summer (too hot and humid) and inside in winter (too bloody cold)?

Trung
3rd July 2006, 03:55 AM
I'm not sure Grant... will keep you up to date in a few months

BrisVegas
3rd July 2006, 08:58 AM
LNext weekend, I'm heading down to Cincinnati. A lady friend from sydney is staying with me and she is going to attempt at qualifying for the 2006 US Women's Amatuer.

Wish her all the best! Are you caddying??:smt002

Jarro
5th August 2006, 06:39 AM
update time !!!!!!

Trung
5th August 2006, 06:41 AM
crap..... you again...!!!!!!

Trung
18th August 2006, 08:53 AM
I'm off to a work conference at Las Vegas tomorrow for 5 nights.......

A friend will be joining me from Sydney and another friend from the states...

Look out Vegas, theres going to be trouble. :)

BrisVegas
18th August 2006, 08:59 AM
heheheh. Trungy, the "out of state" rule may not apply here, as technically, you're gonna be with both girls on the same trip AND out of state for both of them. All I can say is good luck mate..... You'll need it.

markTHEblake
18th August 2006, 09:10 AM
Next weekend, I'm heading down to Cincinnati. A lady friend from sydney is staying with me and she is going to attempt at qualifying for the 2006 US Women's Amatuer.

hmmm, Trung just told me his girlfreind is staying with him and coming back soon.

is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Trungies got a hot girlfreind who plays pretty good golf and he doesnt bring her to Ozgolf Days?

Trung
18th August 2006, 09:10 AM
at no stage did I stated that they are both "girls".... :smt095 :smt095 :smt119

8-)

Trung
18th August 2006, 09:13 AM
Blakey, check out the date that was written... It was a month ago..

Cincinatti is already history...
:twisted:

markTHEblake
18th August 2006, 09:25 AM
I know when you wrote it, sounds about right if your girl came over for a month - BUSTED!
point still stands - your holding out on your Ozgolf mates, the rules are simple, if you have a girlfreind you gotta show her to everyone - and she plays golf too, no exuse.

amanda
18th August 2006, 09:31 AM
I know the whole story here - but I'm not going to disclose any juicy details - but I can safely say that the girlfriend is gorgeous, seems very nice and doesn't play golf.

So Trung's not holding out on all of his Ozgolf mates - just some of them ;)

markTHEblake
18th August 2006, 09:38 AM
geez, Mandy you could have let that one get a bit more mileage before throwing cold water on it.

anyway you cant blame Trung for not bringing her along to ozgolf days, I can understand how he would be insecure amongst all those fine looking male ozgolf specimens you have down there.

Trung
18th August 2006, 12:47 PM
Amanda,

How much do I need to pay you for that? :smt119 ..

Ps... I have not forgot about your fridge magnet.

amanda
18th August 2006, 01:31 PM
How much do I need to pay you for that? :smt119 ..

Maybe a golf bag the next time you come home from the states ;) (just kidding!)