PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid approach shots.

Coldtopper
14th July 2017, 01:30 PM
Is using a hybrid off the green homo? Been using a 20o but feel it's only marginally better than carrying a chipper. Thoughts?

Lagerlover
14th July 2017, 03:23 PM
... would depend on how far out

Dotty
14th July 2017, 03:56 PM
Xbox or PlayStation?

3Puttpete
14th July 2017, 05:38 PM
Is using a hybrid off the green homo? Been using a 20o but feel it's only marginally better than carrying a chipper. Thoughts?Just use a wedge. I find I usually get 2 goes at it

Johnny Canuck
14th July 2017, 07:07 PM
Is using a hybrid off the green homo? Been using a 20o but feel it's only marginally better than carrying a chipper. Thoughts?

I prefer a 3w, but used a hybrid the other day and knocked it to gimmie range.

My course gets some firm greens that don't check this time of year and the only other option is to bump and run, which I usually hit twice the required distance.

Daves
14th July 2017, 07:21 PM
I prefer a 3w, but used a hybrid the other day and knocked it to gimmie range.

My course gets some firm greens that don't check this time of year and the only other option is to bump and run, which I usually hit twice the required distance.

In the right situation it is a smart shot selection (usually 2nd cut lie) , where that extra loft makes a difference. I am also playing around with bellying a wedge as an alternative.

Coldtopper
14th July 2017, 08:41 PM
Thanks gents, don't feel like a complete spaz now. Find the hard/bare dormant couch surrounds of Central Vic, impossible to hit clean chips with my chemical affected abilities.

Coldtopper
14th July 2017, 08:44 PM
In the right situation it is a smart shot selection (usually 2nd cut lie) , where that extra loft makes a difference. I am also playing around with bellying a wedge as an alternative. belly a wedge, wow you got balls.

Johnny Canuck
14th July 2017, 08:45 PM
Thanks gents, don't feel like a complete spaz now. Find the hard/bare dormant couch surrounds of Central Vic, impossible to hit clean chips with my chemical affected abilities.

I bought a new hybrid two weeks ago.

Was completely disappointed that the first time I used it was from 20m, but you can't argue with results.

Shaan Hundal
11th August 2017, 09:25 PM
I bought a new hybrid two weeks ago.

Was completely disappointed that the first time I used it (https://cheltenhamfestivaluk.com) was from 20m, but you can't argue with results.

I know that feel bro

Toxic
11th August 2017, 09:59 PM

Where in Central Vic bud?

Grumpy8
12th August 2017, 09:33 AM
I use my sand iron , play off the backfoot, hands forward , not much wrist action keep hands forward of club face thru the shot , don't try and scoop it up ,don't try to cut under it like a flop shot, get the contact right and the ball will check up quickly.
If you can't get that right then bunt a 3 hybrid

Johnny Canuck
12th August 2017, 09:44 AM
I use my sand iron , play off the backfoot, hands forward , not much wrist action keep hands forward of club face thru the shot , don't try and scoop it up ,don't try to cut under it like a flop shot, get the contact right and the ball will check up quickly.
If you can't get that right then bunt a 3 hybrid

What's your handicap Grumpy8?

That shot isn't good if you need it to rollout.

The shot I played recently with my hybrid would not have been an option for the shot you recommend.

Grumpy8
12th August 2017, 11:04 AM
Cap is currently 9 has been a bit lower , why does it need to roll out, if the pin is up the back of a bigger green Throw it further up the green or use 52 or gap wedge 9 iron even whatever lands on the green and stops around the flag .

Johnny Canuck
12th August 2017, 11:18 PM
Cap is currently 9 has been a bit lower , why does it need to roll out, if the pin is up the back of a bigger green Throw it further up the green or use 52 or gap wedge 9 iron even whatever lands on the green and stops around the flag .

You good golfers make it sound so easy.

When I played mine, I was short sided on a sandy lie, hitting to a slight downslope on a green that doesn't check. Your short was not an option at all.

3Puttpete
13th August 2017, 07:20 AM
You good golfers make it sound so easy.

When I played mine, I was short sided on a sandy lie, hitting to a slight downslope on a green that doesn't check. Your short was not an option at all.

Have you considered hitting a green in regulation?

Lagerlover
13th August 2017, 08:11 AM
Have you considered hitting a green in regulation? Or voting for Trump?

KristianJ
13th August 2017, 08:14 AM
Have you considered hitting a green in regulation? Putting stats.

Grumpy8
13th August 2017, 08:48 AM
You good golfers make it sound so easy. When I played mine, I was short sided on a sandy lie, hitting to a slight downslope on a green that doesn't check. Your short was not an option at all. You are correct , the shot I was talking about is for chipping/pitching off a tight lie . It won't work in every situation