5th August 2004, 09:30 AM
This is at Palm Meadows this weekend.

Eliminations: 7th August.
dunno times

Finals 8th August.
Babes; 9am
Old Fellas: 10am
Blokes : 2pm

And the favourite is apparently at Boomerang Farm today doing some demos and practice.

Fishman Dan
5th August 2004, 09:54 AM
Look out for Mark Bylsma - a large lad who put's it all on the line. I've got a .avi of him whacking a Deep Red at Fox Hills the day i played with Jono and Burger. Doesn't leave much behind.

Jono
5th August 2004, 01:57 PM
Hey Fishy,

Is it possible to show the video file to other Ozgolfers? A smooth 280 meter drive ... awesome.

Fishman Dan
5th August 2004, 02:01 PM
All i've got is that grainy vid from the camera, but i've got my new internet account and will upload it to there and put in a link. Stay tuned..

jaster
5th August 2004, 06:09 PM
Sorry but I think a smooth 280ms is not that good for a longdriver, I played with a guy this past weekend who flies the ball that far :shock: and he is half the size of Bylsma!!!

Ona
5th August 2004, 06:23 PM
wish i could be there

Onewood
5th August 2004, 06:33 PM
My money will be on a Logan boy :P

Troy Austin :wink:

AndyP
5th August 2004, 07:43 PM
All i've got is that grainy vid from the camera, but i've got my new internet account and will upload it to there and put in a link. Stay tuned..
Shouldn't you be working on your wedding web page. :P

markTHEblake
5th August 2004, 09:48 PM
Look out for Mark Bylsma -

He is the favourite. Forgot the height but is 130kg

Fishman Dan
6th August 2004, 07:49 AM
He's the Australian champ i think at the moment - 6'7", 130 kg's. I think 'The Digest' section of AGD have an article on him.

Due to head overseas after this event (or a couple of others). His record is something like 382 metres. :shock:

BrisVegas
6th August 2004, 12:25 PM
Shouldn't ozgolf be sponsoring one of our own to have a crack at this. :idea:

Nudgee? Jaster? Surely with the right gear, training, diet, workout routine, pilates etc etc. you'd be a chance??? :wink:

Jose
6th August 2004, 03:43 PM
I played with the Victorian State Long Drive Champion today at Parkwood, my good friend Craig Grigson who was brought up with me in New Zealand playing golf at Pakuranga. Hes obviously up here for the finals and we also played with a lefty called Brad, the youngest guy ever to make the finals I believe, hes only 17 !!.

Was a whole lotta fun, they can both kill it, but are extremely eratic. I guess when you only need to get one out of six, you perception changes a bit. I won the beer with a fairways and greens 72 to their 80 and 81 :)

A couple of times Craig absolutely smoked it, One drive he hit we paced off at 345 metres and there wouldnt have been a whole lot of run on it. It must have got around 50 or 60 metres off the ground or something. They both use 6 or 7 degrees SMTs with Acuflex shafts in them, a 455 cc head.

My one claim to fame off the tee was on the 10th, a 320 odd metre hole. Craig proceded to kill one onto the front of the Green, flew it most of the way there, I hit i kinda slight toe draw/hook and it raced up right beside him! We always needle each other and it musta got to him cos he three putted :) A whole lot of fun, looking forward to watching these animals go at it tommorow!!!

Jose