PDA

View Full Version : Soccerroo's emotional rollercoaster

Fishman Dan
27th June 2006, 06:53 PM
Looking back, which is more disappointing?

Personally I think missing out because of the 2-2 draw with Iran in 1997 was harder to cope with. To be so close to qualifying, and then 10 minutes from the end a double-strike from nowhere costs Australia a berth.

Today we fell short of the Quarter Finals. Think about that - not only did we qualify, but exceeded expectations and nearly pulled off the upset of the tournament.

Grunt
27th June 2006, 06:55 PM
Here Here, I agree totally Dan.

terryand
27th June 2006, 07:02 PM
Where is the choice for Lote going to Rugby :cry:

Terry.

Fishman Dan
27th June 2006, 07:03 PM
Where is the choice for Lote going to Rugby :cry:

Terry.

Correction. NSW Rugby.

GO YOU GOOD THING! :lol:

terryand
27th June 2006, 07:04 PM
Touche :-D

Terry.

AndyP
27th June 2006, 07:12 PM
That was the match that the serial pest invaded the field, destroying the momentum.

Jarro
27th June 2006, 07:14 PM
Blakey wasn't there was he :-s

Ducky
27th June 2006, 07:31 PM
In my personal opinion, it is harder to deal with failure the further you have progressed and the closer you have come to the ultimate prize.

dc68
28th June 2006, 12:07 PM
'06 the way they fought on and on while getting raped by idiots with whistle's only to have one finally succeed was worse.

Jarro
28th June 2006, 02:28 PM
In my personal opinion, it is harder to deal with failure the further you have progressed and the closer you have come to the ultimate prize.

couldn't agree more Duckman.

AndyP
28th June 2006, 03:06 PM
Nevermind the fact that we had to wait an additional 8 years to get there.

billybaub
28th June 2006, 06:05 PM
it has to be this world cup

we played the italians off the park
and the looks on their face as 50000 of them stand watching their team being destroyed by a nation that apparently doesnt know how to play football

and then to have it all taken away by one idiots call with a few seconds to go
yeah we made the second round
but we should have been in the quarters...

everyone thought that italy would flog us...but the fact that we played them off the park...the game was ours

oh and what about the bad refs in the other 3 games...could fifa try any harder to get rid of us

McCoy
28th June 2006, 06:24 PM
I voted for 97. That was an embarassment, we had about 40 chances and only scored 2 goals. Terry Venables getting outcoached by some Iranian was also memorable, because Terry was seen as a Guus Hiddink type, was on big money and he failed to get us through.

Remember Mark Bosnich?