PDA

View Full Version : The Masters 2018

Steve57
21st June 2017, 07:52 AM
Just received the email from the Masters to say I was successful in getting tickets to the practice rounds for The Masters next year!
I feel like I have won Lotto.
I can't quite believe it.
From memory someone on here went a few years ago?

Jazz18
21st June 2017, 07:58 AM
Nice one Steve. Congratulations. Yeah Vader77 won a ballot ticket last year too. From the stories from him, it sounds like everything it's cracked up to be and more and nothing like you'll ever experience again or have ever experienced in the past. Enjoy!

PeteyD
21st June 2017, 08:00 AM
Nice! Have a great trip.

Steve57
21st June 2017, 08:03 AM
Nice one Steve. Congratulations. Yeah Vader77 won a ballot ticket last year too. From the stories from him, it sounds like everything it's cracked up to be and more and nothing like you'll ever experience again or have ever experienced in the past. Enjoy!

Nice! Have a great trip.
Thanks guys,

I knew someone had been but I couldn't find it, thanks Jazz will PM him!

3Puttpete
21st June 2017, 08:09 AM
First in first served for souvenir orders.

Cheese and pimento sandwich for me please.

Steve57
21st June 2017, 08:45 AM
First in first served for souvenir orders.

Cheese and pimento sandwich for me please.
Would you like fries with that?

Captain Nemo
21st June 2017, 08:49 AM
I got the same email!!!

3Puttpete
21st June 2017, 08:52 AM
Would you like fries with that?
I detect a tone

TheNuclearOne
21st June 2017, 09:17 AM

Steve57
21st June 2017, 09:24 AM
I got the same email!!!

What day is yours L?
Ours are for Tuesday.

Steve57
21st June 2017, 09:25 AM
I detect a tone
Never!:lol:

Captain Nemo
21st June 2017, 09:49 AM
What day is yours L?Ours are for Tuesday. Haven't had a chance to log in mate..

Dcanto
21st June 2017, 10:38 AM
Congratulations Steve and Nemo! A trip to the Masters is definitely on my bucket list.

PerryGroves
21st June 2017, 10:49 AM
It's great to win.......something........but sorry, I will pour the cold water, after you go to the practice day, what then?

Practice day tickets aren't that expensive to buy, getting there, staying there and going to other days is where the cost occurs.

- the Tuesday in 2009 was so cold, many players including Tiger didn't play.....but I did get to follow Bobby Allenby for a few holes :roll: we didn't buy tickets for the weekend, we headed up to Pinehurst, hired a house with a big TV, played golf in the morning and watched in the arvo with a beer.

Jazz18
21st June 2017, 02:22 PM
I got the same email!!!

Nice one L. Get in tough with Vader too. He'll talk your ear off about it!

davepuppies
22nd June 2017, 07:19 AM
It was Matty that won the ballot tickets a few years ago....... he loved it!

Steve57
22nd June 2017, 08:07 AM
It was Matty that won the ballot tickets a few years ago....... he loved it!
Ok thanks Dave, I have PM'd him too!

Captain Nemo
22nd June 2017, 09:07 AM
Mine are Monday....Decisions, decisions.....?

LoveGolf2012
22nd June 2017, 09:09 AM

Can't be a hard decision surely,you put in for tickets,you got them,so you would go?? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Steve57
22nd June 2017, 09:14 AM
I have just texted you!

benno_r
22nd June 2017, 09:45 AM
Would you really go all the way to the US to watch a practice round?

LoveGolf2012
22nd June 2017, 09:48 AM

Just group it with some golf around the US Benno?Once their pretty easy to get around,lots of cheap flights,hotels etc

Jazz18
22nd June 2017, 09:54 AM

Absolutely! I'd rather go and see a practice round from what I've heard. Everything is just a bit more relaxed apparently. Besides, I'd be giving to see the golf course and surrounds. Sure I'd watch some golf but I'd want to make sure I did all the stuff that The Masters is famous for before prioritising watching the golf itself.

3Puttpete
22nd June 2017, 10:08 AM
I'd want to make sure I did all the stuff that The Masters is famous for before prioritising watching the golf itself.

That's why I'm getting a sandwich.

And a sweet tea. In a cup.

benno_r
22nd June 2017, 10:16 AM
Maybe it's just me. If I am going to US for a golf trip I am going when the weather is premo in Bandon, and I certainly wouldn't change it for a practice round at the masters, though I probably would for an actual round.

Then again the Masters is the one major I would take or leave, so there is that.

Either way, have fun Steve and Nemo.

vader77
22nd June 2017, 11:20 AM
Maybe it's just me. If I am going to US for a golf trip I am going when the weather is premo in Bandon, and I certainly wouldn't change it for a practice round at the masters, though I probably would for an actual round.

Then again the Masters is the one major I would take or leave, so there is that.

Either way, have fun Steve and Nemo.

I gotta say though Benno, after talking to a mate who went on the Thursday, the day I left Augusta, he said it was virtually impossible to see any of the shots played as the crowds are huge, whereas the Tuesday and Wednesday I was there, I got to see everyone play and even got to speak to Adam Scott and jason Day (pardon the namedrop). Just so much easier.

Anyway, congrats guys on getting pulled out of the ballot, you will absolutely love it......... Just make sure you have a large suitcase and plenty of money to bring all the merchandise home with you.

PerryGroves
22nd June 2017, 11:33 PM
Vader, your mate is a gibberer, certainly doesn't tally with my trip or a dozen other mates who have been, the tickets to the Masters are limited.

They know punters have paid up so they make it a decent experience from a viewing overdue time and also they don't gouge you on food and drink like most other sporting events.

vader77
23rd June 2017, 03:15 PM
It's well known they food and drink is cheap, but what I'm saying is the crowds on Tuesday and Wednesday are far smaller than the ones on tournament days...

PerryGroves
23rd June 2017, 08:27 PM
It's well known they food and drink is cheap, but what I'm saying is the crowds on Tuesday and Wednesday are far smaller than the ones on tournament days...

I don't want to argue but for punters who are going or thinking of going there needs to be some useful info.

Are there more people on tournament days.........clearly there are.....your man, in your words said "virtually impossible to see shots played as the crowds are huge".

This is not true.