PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 26th June

Coffs_Hacker
27th June 2006, 04:15 PM
Played at Bonville today for a single Stab 36pts (the hard way)

1 wipe 4x1pts (13pts front 23pts back)
Excited about the back nine 1 over off the bat. pulled a 4footer on the 11th for a bogey

9 fairway
9 gir
35putts 1 birdie

Might be back their Sunday for their holden scramble

Flowergirl
27th June 2006, 04:39 PM
Nice comeback there!

BrisVegas
28th June 2006, 07:31 AM
Well played Craig. That back 9 is the sort of golf you're capable of. Great to see.

Flowergirl
29th June 2006, 09:46 AM
Ok...........it's now offical......my game sucks!!!!!!!!! I have now played four crap games in a row.

Spent two hours on the practise range after another crap game trying to figure it all out. Just haven't been practising enough ( ok not at all) and my swing is suffering. Because I'm not practising I'm thinking too much which is a recipe for disaster for me.

Booking in for a lesson on the weekend and I'll put in some solid practise and get back on track.

Gee I love this game - not:smt002 :-P :-D :mrgreen: Only .1 from being back on 19.......noooooooooooooooooo

Grunt
29th June 2006, 04:55 PM
Well played New Brighton this morning with Sharon & Pete. Played Crap is not a strong enough staement. I scored a huge total of 23 points, 13 & 10, 5 or 6 wipes there actually is nothing good about today involving golf. Great to meet Sharon & Pete, Hopefullly I will play better tomorrow ;)

Grunt
30th June 2006, 03:33 PM
Played Crap is not a strong enough staement.

Hopefullly I will play better tomorrow ;)

Well todays game if you can call it a game, torture would be a better statement, a, need a stronger statement & b, I played worse, much worse.

18 points:oops:
8 & 10
who knows how many wipes I lost interest in the game early on!

What a difference a week makes, last friday 39 points and a comp win:-D , today stonemotherless last and played real crap golf:cry: . Not sure what has happened to my swing but it needs some serious work. It is like I have forgotten how to do it. I really have a swing now where I don't really know which way it is going to go:? .
Oh well next game tomorrow might break it, hopefully it does and I get back the game I had a little over a week ago.

Flowergirl
30th June 2006, 10:13 PM
My golfing mate Rosa and I teamed up in a 4bb at Devil Bend. We started crap........through the green ok but couldn't putt for nuts. The greens were just so fast - the fastest greens I've ever played on. The slightest downhill - a little tap - and off it would go sailing -really tuff. We had a lousy 15 points. No wipes - just a lot of 1 pointers.:cry:

The second nine we got it together for a nice 22 points. I hit theball a lot better today than my past four games. I spent 2 1/2 hours on the practise range after Wed's game and it paid off. Some great drives and I was really happy with my fairway woods.

Rosa is good to play with. One of the few chicks I play with that you can joke around with and stir up. Most women golfers are so serious. They just don't get sledging at all. No sense of humour.:mrgreen:

Grunt
1st July 2006, 01:24 PM
Well played again today,26 points, even though the score is not that much better but I was striking the ball well to ok all day. My short game was very poor and putting was nothing to write home about.
I think I have worked out why my game has fallen in such a heap. I have work on my swing that much that now the good shot is a straight shot or even sometimes a little draw.
Due to years and years of slicing I have always aimed down the left hand side of the fairway/rough. Now I have got my swing better, I am hitting the good shots to the left and getting into trouble. After a few holes of making such mistakes my mindset is getting back to the bad swing and it snowballs. I think tomorrow will be better again.

jimandr
1st July 2006, 06:53 PM
I didn't hit the ball all that well today, but overall I played well. A good short game makes an enormous difference to the score, and todays chipping and putting was very good, for once. 78 for net 71 in the monthly medal. Also the qualifying round for club matchplay. I should make it.

Fairways = 7 of 14
Greens in Reg = 8 of 18
Putts = 29, two birdies, zero 3 putts
Up & Down = 4 of 7
Sand Saves = 0 of 1 (two in the bunker, then holed the putt!)
Penalty Shots = 1

Pinglauncher
2nd July 2006, 06:17 PM
Finished 2 down today. We teed off for our second nine at 3:25 pm with a slowish group in front of us so needless to say 3 wipes in the last 4 holes in near darkness.

I feel like my game is slowly turning around so all is good.

Jarro
2nd July 2006, 06:44 PM
94 (nett 82) off the stick today at Gailes.

Hit he ball poorly and my stats reflect that :oops:

7 fairways
4 G.I.R's
36 putts

time for a lesson in this coming week i think

BrisWesty
2nd July 2006, 07:01 PM
I think I should have played at Gailes. Would have fitted in there quite well.

Monthly medal on Saturday.
89/76. 8 fairways, 4 GIR (3 putted 3 of them - aargh), 35 putts.
Was happy with where I was with after my second shot on about 13 of the 18holes but just wasn't at my best around the greens, whether chipping or putting.
Back out to 14 hcp again, after one week at 13

One of the guys at Caboolture (Luke Paroz) plays off +2. He had 64 off the bat (7 under par), and lost to a guy who had a net 65. That's harsh!

Moe Norman
2nd July 2006, 08:01 PM
Gailes today - stormed home to take out the Ozgolf Day with a Nett 78 - go ozgolf!

5 Fairways
13 GIR
37 Putts

One snake from off the green and a holed trap shot make my putting stats look better than they should (not that they look good)

Also hit it OB twice.

Grunt
2nd July 2006, 08:40 PM
New Brighton again today, played very up and down for 26 points I think. Had 2-3 par's but nothing much else went my way. I did not play anywhere near as bad as I did earlier this week but the swing is still bad and needs some serious work.

AndyP
2nd July 2006, 08:52 PM
I think I should have played at Gailes. Would have fitted in there quite well.
And you would have romped it in, in matchplay. Would have been over by the 12th.

Moe Norman
2nd July 2006, 09:04 PM
but AP you'd have won holes 9,10 and 11 to get back in the match!

AndyP
2nd July 2006, 09:21 PM
Parring 3 consecutive par fives is hardly a great achievement.

It was for me today, but normally it's not.

BrisVegas
3rd July 2006, 08:47 AM
Played Gailes on Sunday. Black markers, CCR 76, par 73.

(47 + 43) 90 gross!
83 nett
8 fairways
4 GIR
31 putts (3 x 3-putts)

Well, I needed 0.1 to get back to an 8 hcap. Did it in style!

Coffs_Hacker
3rd July 2006, 09:22 AM
Holden scramble at bonville. We had 69 gross 64nett lost by alot

played pretty well just didn't sink any putts.
for me -
9/13 fairways
12/18 gir
putts unknown

McMw
3rd July 2006, 09:40 AM
Had a shocker on Saturday with 83...
think I had 5 3jacks, 3 water balls...it's just too painful to go thru it...

Played MM yesterday, shot 75...
Started off badly yet again, pull hooked my t ball into the drain, started with a double, finished the 9 with 40...
then after bogey on 1, and 3 jack bogey on 3, I went bird/bird/bogey/bird/bird/bogey to finish 35...

sad thing was I 3jack the 6th from 6-8ft away...and put my 9iron t ball into the pond on the last... :rolleyes:

Courty
3rd July 2006, 10:44 AM
Played a social round at Windaroo yesterday as part of my Brisbane trip. Props to Dion & Tezza for their tips.
The round started out ok. We started on the back 9 and I had a couple of bogeys to warm me up followed by more bogeys with a double or two thrown in. I think I had 46 for the 9 including a tap-in bogey on Snake Gully.
Then it came. The 1st hole. I creamed my drive but pushed it a little right. It bounced on the roof of the 2nd house on the right (red roof tiles), flew high in the air, bounced off the roof of the next house along and probably continued on down the street. :oops: Someone came out of the house and had a go at me so I told them I was a member and my name was Terry Andrews. :twisted: just kidding. I re-loaded from the tee and pulled it left into the trees. My attempt to progress met a pine tree dead centre and I found myself 30m back towards the tee. :shock: I punched it out into the fairway where I then cold-topped my 3 wood about 5m. I flushed the next 3 wood into a greenside bunker, where I chipped out & 2-putted for a 9!:smt087
Amazingly, I pulled it all together and made 7 straight pars after that, but then pushed my tee-shot into the hazard on 9 and finished with a double.
I walked off with 88/82, but thoroughly enjoyed my day. I thought Windaroo was an excellent course for the price, with plenty of challenging holes.
Even better, I came 2nd in the 50c skins we played for! If I can chop it up & still make a profit, I'm happy! :mrgreen:

terryand
3rd July 2006, 10:49 AM
Windy claims another scalp :-s

Terry.

Jarro
3rd July 2006, 11:05 AM
pretty ordinary effort Courty, Windaroo is a piece of **** :p

BrisVegas
3rd July 2006, 11:12 AM
Glad you enjoyed Windaroo Courty. What did you think of "Amen Corner" (13,14,15,16) esp. Snake Gully??

Courty
3rd July 2006, 11:15 AM
pretty ordinary effort Courty, Windaroo is a piece of **** :p

You can talk...

94 (nett 82) off the stick today at Gailes.

:razz:

Jarro
3rd July 2006, 11:25 AM
oooohhhh, you ***** :twisted:

Courty
3rd July 2006, 11:28 AM
Glad you enjoyed Windaroo Courty. What did you think of "Amen Corner" (13,14,15,16) esp. Snake Gully??

To be honest, I can't quite remember which hole was which, although I do remember 16 and 17. Snake Gully definitely is a tough hole. I hit a good drive down the right of the fairway on 16, but was left with around 200m to the green. As I said I would, I had a go, but I hit it fat and ended up short of the water :oops:. A solid wedge & 2 putts for the bogey. 17 was the closest I came to a birdie all day. I hit my 4-iron over the corner and a wedge to about 7 ft and lipped out the putt. :?

Flowergirl
3rd July 2006, 12:31 PM
Played at Rosebud Country Club yesterday in their comp. My 33 points was enough to be runner up and reduce my handicap by .6. Seeing I was on 18.4 I'm happy to have a bit of breathing space. Happy to say that my swing has returned - amazing what a couple of good practise sessions can do. My putting again was woeful and short game a bit iffy. I over shot four greens with my approach shots - great shots in line but wrong club choice cos I was hitting too well. That's a problem I don't mind.

AndyP
3rd July 2006, 12:35 PM
Good onya, FG.

A CCR of five over par!!!!!! That's absurd!

Has there been changes to the Rosebud course? Or do they have 27 holes and use different combinations? I noticed in your golflink record that it's par has been 71, 72 & 73.

chappy1970
3rd July 2006, 12:40 PM
Played Monthly Medal this week.
Shotgun start and PAR due to the limited light in Melbourne over winter.
Those who played on saturday in Melbourne know that the weather wasn't anything to write home about, so my score of 3 down was pretty good. 2 up won the medal and I got a ball, and due to the buffer didn't go out .1.

Hitting the ball OK at the moment, just need to get to the course more (once every 2-3 weeks isn't enough to play consistently on single figures and with my annual fees, each game is costing me about $100.)

Chappy

Flowergirl
3rd July 2006, 12:45 PM
Good onya, FG.

A CCR of five over par!!!!!! That's absurd!

Has there been changes to the Rosebud course? Or do they have 27 holes and use different combinations? I noticed in your golflink record that it's par has been 71, 72 & 73.

They have 36 holes so there are - um - does that make four combinations???? And absurd - I'm happy with the absurdity!!! It's better than me compalining when I think I've done ok and the CCR is 68!:-D

AndyP
3rd July 2006, 12:52 PM
02/07/2006, Gailes GC, Frank Foley Memorial (Stroke).

FWRR: Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap!

I actually don't have any stats or a complete score because I picked up on before my 7th shot on the par 3 3rd (our 12th), while still in a bunker. I also picked up on the par 4 5th, when my T-shot hit the middle of a tree 50m away and rebounded to within 10m of us to my right, in the trees (the second best option after picking up would have been to bunt it back up onto the tee box.

I would have posted a big score, that may have slipped just under the 110 mark. One of the worst rounds I've played in memory, and would definately rival the 17 pointer I had at Brookwater some time ago.

Mostly from a lot of fat shots, with several shanks thrown in there.

Dragged my feet and let out a few expletives just before and after the first pickup, but besides that, I coped with it fairly well.

Three consecutive pars from the 18th to the 2nd was the highlight of the day.

How someone can go from winning a big comp two weeks ago with a 79 to this is beyond bizarre.

I think the reason I played bad, is because my body and mind subconsiously switched to tennis mode a few hours too early, as I have a few big weeks of tennis coming up...........
This round is best to be written off as one of those days.

Next round: 23/07/2006, ? GC, Social Round.

dc68
3rd July 2006, 01:03 PM
Well, it was the 3rd and 4th rounds of the champs on the w/e woke up saturday feeling pretty good, started ok par,par then went bogey,bogey,bogey,bogey and finished the front with 3 pars for 40 .Thinking if I could shoot 2 under on the back I was still in the hunt for a spot in the matchplay.......wrong I had 6 pars 1 dub and finished bogey,bogey for a nice round figure of 80.
I went out sunday with no hope of anthing great Started with a Bogey then had 7 pars before a bird on the 9th for 36 going out. Lipped out a bird on 10, bird on 11 a F****** dub on 12, lipped out on 13 and 14 bird on 15 par on 16 and bogeys on 17 and 18. 38 coming in for a 74/70. Gggggrrrrr I wish I could finish off a round:evil: . So an Improvement over all. But I won the best nett for A grade over the 4 rounds. (Only because just about everyone else had to add shots on or was on scr.) :mrgreen:

AndyP
3rd July 2006, 01:13 PM
That's a great effort, Dave. There would be a pretty big A grade membership at Pacific wouldn't there?

dc68
3rd July 2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks. Yeah I was the highest H'cap to make the cut for the last 2 rounds the first 8 places were guys off scr or better. Kurt Carlson (+2) won with -7 so I only finished 26 behind or so in the gross event !!!!!

Moe Norman
3rd July 2006, 02:12 PM
Just for the record I counted at least 3 shanks from AndyP and one from Reg 320 ;)

dc68
3rd July 2006, 03:09 PM
Would have won B grade...(just) the bloke who won only had 6 more than me! Lot of gnashing of teeth over the bloke too.He has now won B grade Champs for the last 3yrs straight. He times his run of .1s very well, apparently, this year he got to 8.6 on the Wednesday before the champs started. He doesn't normally play mid-week golf (I am told). Anyhoo good luck to him, when his name was read out as the winner no-one and I mean no-one clapped, he started the last round with a 13 shot buffer over 2nd and finished about 16-17 in front.

AndyP
3rd July 2006, 03:26 PM
He may be a winner, but I think he's a loser.

BrisWesty
3rd July 2006, 04:53 PM
Damn, I should have taken Andy on at Gailes.

Virgal_Tracy
5th July 2006, 10:43 AM
Played New South Wales yesterday for the first time with Shootout Golf (www.shootoutgolf.com.au)

Shotgun start from the 8th. Casual water galore from all the rain we had had (83mm) around the course in the previous 24hrs. First drive plugged but unfortunately not in the water. HAcked it out and proceeded to make double for the opening hole.

Did not shoot well from that point on with my driver working much better than previously after shortening my swing to prevent the over the top movt. but mys 2nd shots were awful or in the wrong position for the hole.

Had 14 pts for the back 9 and 11 for the front but a great course and would love to play it more often especially on days when there wasn't a 2 club wind.

connico
5th July 2006, 11:26 AM
new brighton, 29 points with 5 wipes, its depressing i know..