PDA

View Full Version : The Coast - Friday 30th June - 10am

shazza_rs
25th June 2006, 05:12 PM
Just doing the right thing and posting this in the right thread :)

Game booked for
Jono 37 points
Shazza_rs 32 points
Peter_rs 31 points
Grunt 18 points

peter_rs
25th June 2006, 07:43 PM
thanks for booking jono.

Hope you don't beat me to bad;)

Grunt
25th June 2006, 07:55 PM
See you guys there.

Jono
25th June 2006, 09:00 PM
thanks for booking jono.

Hope you don't beat me to bad;)

I'll try to resist the temptation ... ;)

Should be a good day. I hope it's not cold and windy like last time ... :-D

Grunt
25th June 2006, 09:07 PM
anything but the wind of last time Jono. But then again it would give the course in its real state, a real challenge to the visitors

TS
25th June 2006, 09:15 PM
anything but the wind of last time Jono. But then again it would give the course in its real state, a real challenge to the visitors

Don't forget to give Jono a putting lesson before the game.

Grunt
30th June 2006, 03:26 PM
Well first off thanks for the game Jono, Pete & Sharon. Sorry for the extremely bad play by me. That would have to be the worst I have ever played golf EVER!!! I have lost all confidence in my swing and don't know where it is going to go. Hopefully next time will be a better effort by myself.

TS
30th June 2006, 03:31 PM
Well first off thanks for the game Jono, Pete & Sharon. Sorry for the extremely bad play by me. That would have to be the worst I have ever played golf EVER!!! I have lost all confidence in my swing and don't know where it is going to go. Hopefully next time will be a better effort by myself.

Don't tell us that The Doc putted better than you.

Grunt
30th June 2006, 03:35 PM
I hardly putted ball was in pocket well before the green on most holes. I will admit the Doc did putt well with his cut down giant's putter.

TS
30th June 2006, 03:36 PM

When playing with Jono, he tends to drag people down to his level.

shazza_rs
30th June 2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the day out jono, grunt and pete.

Results
Jono 37 pts
Shazza_rs 32 pts
Peter_rs 31 pts
Grunt 18 pts

Was an enjoyable round of golf..... some of the holes were a joke as we were warned.... weather was pretty good to us... only rained for about 4 holes... only light drizzle on a couple of others.

Happy to say i was hitting my driver better today than i have in a long while..... chipped badly and couldn't hit a fairway wood to save myself. It can only get better right? ;)

Jono
30th June 2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the game guys ... and gal. ;) It was good fun. The weather was pretty gloomy, but it always seems to be overcast when we play at the Coast. :???:

We played a friendly game of 5-5-5 ($5 for front nine, $5 for back, and $5 for total) and let me just say there's nothing better than winning money off the Queenslanders ... 8) :twisted: I think I beat Pete by 1 stroke on the front nine and Shazza by 1 stroke on the back. Pete and I were tied after 8 and he hit his tee shot on the 9th OB. Shazza had a 5 foot putt up the hill on the 18th to potentially win the back nine but came up 2 inches short, dead on line. Hmmm ... perhaps an omen for the final State of Origin match? ;)

I hit my driver OK ... almost kept up with big Pete 8), but my iron play was pretty bad. Only 5 greens in reg. The most pleasing thing about the round was 31 putts! I extended the 3 ball to make it a belly putter. Don't know why ... the 3 ball just LOOKED like it would make a nice belly putter. Worked quite well today. Hope it will continue to work ... 8)

Oh, Pete. Get rid of that Hibore. I know where you can buy a Cobra for a good price ... ;) :lol:

peter_rs
30th June 2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the game guys.

I should play links courses more often. Played okay... crumbled, 31 points with 5 washes on a course i didn't know. :)

Jono...... pm me about the cobra... I'm in town until wednesday :)

Grunt
30th June 2006, 09:52 PM
There may be a relief from my shocker round, it has not made golflink yet. So it did not happen[-(